Married or Single?

She loves her career and has no intention of being a stay at home wife. I also love my career and we both have financial freedom. We plan on taking a trip to Italy in the near future.
My wife and I met in our early 30s and we both had our own careers. We raised two kids and she took only brief leaves from work for each. Married 30 years.

I have a steady girlfriend but have resisted a lifetime commitment like marriage. How many here are happily married?

I was with a guy for 30 plus years? Never wanted to be tied down legally. But? we got busy- lived our lives- All was great- I don't know if we had tied the knot? what would have happened. some how marriage changes people- But if you feel guilty? do marry her. ;) but i understand you. I was the same way?

Married twice...
The first 7-8 years of the first one was relatively good.
But it soured, and soured more. I stayed to raise my children.
When the youngest child went off to college - I left.

Married the 2nd time in 2017.
It has been a Godsend. I am extremely happy with her. And her, me.
I very much would not want to finish out my life without her.
With her, it is fulfilled. Without her, it would be a life in discontent.

I was with a guy for 30 plus years? Never wanted to be tied down legally. But? we got busy- lived our lives- All was great- I don't know if we had tied the knot? what would have happened. some how marriage changes people- But if you feel guilty? do marry her. ;) but i understand you. I was the same way?
What’s with all the question marks? Are you telling us or asking us?!?

you just want to treat them like property.
There's two things, imo.

Firstly, do you run a shop or a football team with two managers? Doesn't work, one has to take the lead.

Secondly. What does that lead look like? If you take ballroom dancers, the man leads the woman but the eyes are on her, she shines.

So marriage should be like a ballroom dance but todays modern theory is two managers. That's why many marriages fail.

Forum List

Back