Should race-baiting demagogues share blame for two murdered NYPD cops?

It comes as no surprise, of course, that the OP and many others on the right would attempt to exploit the tragic deaths of two police officers for some perceived partisan gain, by contriving and seeking to propagate the lie that 'liberals' or African-Americans are somehow 'to blame.'

weird, isn't it. Almost as bad as libs counting dead soldiers in Iraq!

This "thug" culture is to blame. A lot of young black teens/young adults and even sometimes the older ones seem to be under the impression that being a criminal and being "bad" is the way to be. I assume some of them must have just horrible role models. Also, the victim and entitlement mentality that some of them seem to carry like a badge of honor really doesn't help anyone, least of all these young boys/men who waste their lives on this kind of crap. It's really quite sad and tragic.

Obviously the one most responsible, is the guy who pulled the trigger and shot the cops.

And when people simply report the truth and that upsets somebody, that's not the reporters' fault.

But when people like Al Sharpton, Chris Matthews etc. go around telling long-debunked lies ("Michael Brown had his hands up and was surrendering when he was shot", "Cops killed Eric Garner because they hated blacks") and their lies inflame some whacko to the point where he murders two cops in cold blood, shouldn't those lying race-baiters share some responsibility for the murdered cops?

How long will we tolerate people telling flagrant lies to whip up their hatred and resentment?

Obama has yet to make a public statement on the killing of the cops. He should be outraged, but remains silent.

Now we can add dead cops to the list of victims, thanks to the vicious lies of Sharpton. He is an expert at inciting violence. He is lousy at finding the truth, but then he doesn't seem too interested in that.

Sharpton's long history of inciting violence and hurting innocent people:

"The Tawana Brawley case that captivated New York in the late eighties is a shocking reminder of the toxic mix racial exploitation and personal ambition can produce. The New York Times and Retroreport.org have just released a new 15-minute documentary on the despicable hoax, which should be required viewing for the NBC News executives who are heavily invested in rehabilitating a key culprit of this loathsome episode: the Rev. Al Sharpton.

Sharpton was a key player inflaming the 1991 Crown Heights riots following the death of a young African-American who was hit by an ambulance driven by a Hasidic driver. Sharpton called Jews "diamond merchants" with "the blood of innocent babies" on their hands. A mob subsequently attacked and murdered an innocent Hasidic Jewish student visiting from Australia. (Twenty-five years later, he wrote a mealy-mouthed not-quite apology for his rhetoric.)

A few years later, an African-American Pentecostal church asked a Jewish tenant of a church-owned property, Freddie Fashion’s Mart, to evict one of his subtenants, an African-American-run record store. Sharpton led protests crying, "We will not stand by and allow them to move this brother so that some white interloper can expand his business." One of the protesters attacked Freddie Fashion Mart, shot several customers, and started a fire that killed seven employees."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/06/03/al-sharpton-s-long-bill-of-goods-from-tawana-brawley-to-primetime.html

I keep hearing that if someone yells FIRE in a crowded theater (when there is no fire), and people are injured or killed in the resulting stampede for the exits, that guy is partly to blame for those tragedies. And he can be PROSECUTED for causing the panic resulting in injuries or deaths.

Why should it be any different for Sharpton, Matthews etc.?
Because the current political power structure is dominated by race pandering hypocrites who either are subliminally ridden with spurious guilt over past issues (slavery and Jim Crow) or are simply too cowardly to say or do anything that might divert minority votes.

It is precisely circumstances like this which give rise to demagogues like Adolf Hitler.

This "thug" culture is to blame. A lot of young black teens/young adults and even sometimes the older ones seem to be under the impression that being a criminal and being "bad" is the way to be. I assume some of them must have just horrible role models. Also, the victim and entitlement mentality that some of them seem to carry like a badge of honor really doesn't help anyone, least of all these young boys/men who waste their lives on this kind of crap. It's really quite sad and tragic.
it is the thug culture to some extent.

But the militarization of American police which has taken place during the past three decades is to blame for the enormity of the emerging multi-ethnic anti-police atmosphere.

One manifestation of this militarization are the increasingly common 3AM "no-knock" SWAT raids on residences, most of which are prompted by relatively minor drug offenses, some of which are mistakes, and many result in extremely brutal, sometimes lethal, treatment of the subjects of these raids.

For more specific information re: these raids, go here:
Botched Paramilitary Police Raids Cato Institute

It was not long ago that such "no-knock" break-ins were rarely conducted and only as an extreme and necessary action. At present they are increasingly common, taking place on a daily basis all over America -- and often for the most trivial, unnecessary reasons. In fact it seems the only reason these raids take place is because the police enjoy doing it.

So it may be said that the rising anti-police mood is largely the result of cruel, unusual, and wholly unnecessary actions on the part of an excessively aggressive authoritarian element within the American police establishment.

Unfortunately the "good cops" will suffer for the misconduct and excesses of the bad ones.

Last edited:
Just as soon as Rush Limbaugh takes responsibility for the Oklahoma City Bombing :boohoo:

Just as soon as Rush Limbaugh takes responsibility for the Oklahoma City Bombing :boohoo:
What did Limbaugh have to do with that?

The OKC bombing was motivated by the WACO massacre.

He talked about Waco on his radio show, and blamed the federal government, so--according to the logic of the OP--he is to blame.

Obama has yet to make a public statement on the killing of the cops. He should be outraged, but remains silent.

Now we can add dead cops to the list of victims, thanks to the vicious lies of Sharpton. He is an expert at inciting violence.

[...]
You are quite right. Al Sharpton is the archetypal race pimp. And his proximity with Obama is an unmistakable indication of Obama's essential nature and his primary motivation.

Obama, Holder, and Sharpton are the cause of what is happening in America today.

At the bottom line of this rising ethnic antagonism is the very real possibility of a widespread race riot in which thousands (millions) of innocents will be harmed or killed. And if the violence results in the imposition of martial law the likely result will be an all-out revolution, leaving this Nation vulnerable to being occupied by a hostile foreign entity -- of which there are many.

I admit I voted for Obama (once), mainly because the alternative was McCain -- a war monger. Had I been more aware of Obama's potential, which is manifest today, I would not have voted at all.

Not that my vote made any difference.

Last edited:

But the militarization of American police which has taken place during the past three decades is to blame for the enormity of the emerging multi-ethnic anti-police atmosphere.

One manifestation of this militarization are the increasingly common 3AM "no-knock" SWAT raids on residences, most of which are prompted by relatively minor drug offenses, some of which are mistakes, and many result in extremely brutal, sometimes lethal, treatment of the subjects of these raids.

It was not long ago that such "no-knock" break-ins were rarely conducted and only as an extreme and necessary action. At present they are increasingly common, taking place on a daily basis all over America -- and often for the most trivial, unnecessary reasons. In fact it seems the only reason these raids take place is because the police enjoy doing it.

So it may be said that the rising anti-police mood is largely the result of cruel, unusual, and wholly unnecessary actions on the part of an excessively aggressive authoritarian element within the American police establishment.

Unfortunately the "good cops" will suffer for the misconduct and excesses of the bad ones.

Don't you think that has something to do with police officers having to go into these slums to serve warrants and on more than ONE occasion, having been attacked? Some of these neighborhoods are like war zones. I wouldn't want to go knocking on one of those thugs doors and then identify myself as an officer of the law. That's like a death warrant.

I don't necessarily agree with ALL of the things the police do and I do agree that sometimes it's just overkill, but at the same time they want to go home at night to their families and not be shot and killed unexpectedly by some demented thug in the hood.

Now we can add dead cops to the list of victims, thanks to the vicious lies of Sharpton. He is an expert at inciting violence.

[...]
You are quite right. Al Sharpton is the archetypal race pimp. And his proximity with Obama is an unmistakable indication of Obama's essential nature and his primary motivation.

Obama, Holder, and Sharpton are the cause of what is happening in America today.

I agree that they are partially responsible. Instead of trying to defuse such situations, it seems like they enjoy to add fuel to the fire.

Obviously the one most responsible, is the guy who pulled the trigger and shot the cops.

And when people simply report the truth and that upsets somebody, that's not the reporters' fault.

But when people like Al Sharpton, Chris Matthews etc. go around telling long-debunked lies ("Michael Brown had his hands up and was surrendering when he was shot", "Cops killed Eric Garner because they hated blacks") and their lies inflame some whacko to the point where he murders two cops in cold blood, shouldn't those lying race-baiters share some responsibility for the murdered cops?

How long will we tolerate people telling flagrant lies to whip up their hatred and resentment?

Now we can add dead cops to the list of victims, thanks to the vicious lies of Sharpton. He is an expert at inciting violence. He is lousy at finding the truth, but then he doesn't seem too interested in that.

Sharpton's long history of inciting violence and hurting innocent people:

"The Tawana Brawley case that captivated New York in the late eighties is a shocking reminder of the toxic mix racial exploitation and personal ambition can produce. The New York Times and Retroreport.org have just released a new 15-minute documentary on the despicable hoax, which should be required viewing for the NBC News executives who are heavily invested in rehabilitating a key culprit of this loathsome episode: the Rev. Al Sharpton.

Sharpton was a key player inflaming the 1991 Crown Heights riots following the death of a young African-American who was hit by an ambulance driven by a Hasidic driver. Sharpton called Jews "diamond merchants" with "the blood of innocent babies" on their hands. A mob subsequently attacked and murdered an innocent Hasidic Jewish student visiting from Australia. (Twenty-five years later, he wrote a mealy-mouthed not-quite apology for his rhetoric.)

A few years later, an African-American Pentecostal church asked a Jewish tenant of a church-owned property, Freddie Fashion’s Mart, to evict one of his subtenants, an African-American-run record store. Sharpton led protests crying, "We will not stand by and allow them to move this brother so that some white interloper can expand his business." One of the protesters attacked Freddie Fashion Mart, shot several customers, and started a fire that killed seven employees."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/06/03/al-sharpton-s-long-bill-of-goods-from-tawana-brawley-to-primetime.html

To be fair, Obama has made a statement that the killings are inexcusable, something to that effect. However, he certainly was slow to the draw. Seems as though he only spoke out because of the obvious outrage over this incident. He and others have certainly done NOTHING to defuse the situation, the way they seem to support violent looters and thugs in general, though. WTH is wrong with them? Who do they think they are helping?

At the bottom line of this rising ethnic antagonism is the very real possibility of a widespread race riot in which thousands (millions) of innocents will be harmed or killed. And if the violence results in the imposition of martial law the likely result will be an all-out revolution, leaving this Nation vulnerable to being occupied by a hostile foreign entity -- of which there are many.

I admit I voted for Obama (once), mainly because the alternative was McCain -- a war monger. Had I been more aware of Obama's potential, which is manifest today, I would not have voted at all.

Not that my vote made any difference.

Meh, I don't know about any "wars" of any kind. I think that MOST black people are not murderers and killers. This is a particular inner city "gang" culture on display. Yes, it seems like there are a lot of them who would support this type of behavior, but I actually think it is probably a minority of black people who would ever kill a police officer. It's just that the violent ones are the ones who we see on the news all the time.

The police are merely enforcers of the law. The politicians make the laws. The police are given the power to enforce the laws the politicians make. If you don't want SWAT teams making no-knock entries, elect politicians who will change those laws.

What did Limbaugh have to do with that?

The OKC bombing was motivated by the WACO massacre.

He talked about Waco on his radio show, and blamed the federal government, so--according to the logic of the OP--he is to blame.

I guess that's the reason the 2 cops were killed, the politicians and the press TALKED about the officers doing their duty.... still haven't found your brain yet.... I believe I last saw it sniffing around the sewer on the corner!

(CNN) -- President Barack Obama praised basketball star LeBron James for wearing an "I Can't Breathe" protest shirt during his pre-game warmup last week.

"You know, I think LeBron did the right thing," Obama told People magazine in their issue out Friday. "We forget the role that Muhammad Ali, Arthur Ashe and Bill Russell played in raising consciousness." The Cleveland Cavaliers player wore the shirt, which shows support for Eric Garner, the unarmed African American man who died after a white police officer put him in a chokehold, before the Cavaliers played the Brooklyn Nets on Dec. 8.

I haven't seen Obama praise the NYPD's "I Can Breathe" t-shirts for doing the right thing by showing the courage of their convictions.

Forum List

Back