She Had A Name...Remembering Mary Jo Kopechne.

There was clearly a dirty cover up involved with Ted Kennedy and Chappaquiddick. The whole thing just stunk. Of course most of the people here defending their "Hero" would have a completely different take if it were a Republican who killed that poor young girl all those years ago. The Liberal Media has unfortunately shown this same dishonesty & hypocrisy. I don't think that Ted Kennedy was ever held fully accountable for his crime.

He received a suspended jail sentence for leaving the scene of the crime. He was found clear of any wrongdoing otherwise. He was held accountable and it wasn't murder. It was a tragic accident involving someone who happened to be a Kennedy and a young woman who was very talented in politics involved with the Kennedy campaign. It wasn't a murder of any sort.

Despite how much you wish for it to be true, there was no cover up. If it were anybody else, this issue would of been settled a long time ago. Hell, if there had been a favorite Republican of yours (Ron Paul), I'm sure you wouldn't give a flying fuck. Exit stage left you hypocrite.
Pretty much. Gruesome how they use the poor dead women as a tool.

At least Laura waited there for the cops and didnt run away, also .....have any of you researched what Papa Joe Kennedy did during prohibition. Blacks who were still enslaved in many areas of the south were paid little or supplied liquor in return for moving alcohol up and down the North and South....these blacks were murdered killed as they did this for the Kennedy clan...that is how he made his millions during prohibition, I am not saying what comes around.....goes....but damn, If someone like Mary Jo, worked in my office and was a Boiler Room girl...innocently died with me there, I'd set up some kind of memorial or something to make sure her name was never forgotten, the Kennedy's SWEPT IT UNDER THE RUG...now what do any of you have to say.....there must be silence now ...the same kind of silence you fools heard for over 40 yrs after her death.

At least Laura waited there for the cops and didnt run away, also .....have any of you researched what Papa Joe Kennedy did during prohibition. Blacks who were still enslaved in many areas of the south were paid little or supplied liquor in return for moving alcohol up and down the North and South....these blacks were murdered killed as they did this for the Kennedy clan...that is how he made his millions during prohibition, I am not saying what comes around.....goes....but damn, If someone like Mary Jo, worked in my office and was a Boiler Room girl...innocently died with me there, I'd set up some kind of memorial or something to make sure her name was never forgotten, the Kennedy's SWEPT IT UNDER THE RUG...now what do any of you have to say.....there must be silence now ...the same kind of silence you fools heard for over 40 yrs after her death.
That's old news that everyone already knows :cuckoo:

These never-ending criticisms over that one tragic event sickens me. Ted Kennedy has spent more time and more of his own wealth on programs for the disadvantaged, that I'm sure he has been forgiven by the Big Guy upstairs many times over for his part in Mary Jo's drowning.

It's more than just a coincidence that ALL of the criticisms voiced on C-Span's Washington Journal this morning were spewed with heavy southern accents. It's one thing to hate Kennedy's politics, but isn't the South where the Bible Belt is? Does your God and your allegiance to Jesus Christ and his lessons in foregiveness only extend to Republicans? Holier-than-thou hypocrites, the whole lot of you.

These never-ending criticisms over that one tragic event sickens me. Ted Kennedy has spent more time and more of his own wealth on programs for the disadvantaged, that I'm sure he has been forgiven by the Big Guy upstairs many times over for his part in Mary Jo's drowning.

It's more than just a coincidence that ALL of the criticisms voiced on C-Span's Washington Journal this morning were spewed with heavy southern accents. It's one thing to hate Kennedy's politics, but isn't the South where the Bible Belt is? Does your God and your allegiance to Jesus Christ and his lessons in foregiveness only extend to Republicans? Holier-than-thou hypocrites, the whole lot of you.

odd you can forgive teddy's transgressions but not those of his critics.......i guess your god is partisan....

odd you can forgive teddy's transgressions but not those of his critics.......i guess your god is partisan....
LOL!!!! :lol:

Yes it's called a "Tragic Mistake" by Liberals when a Democrat kills a young girl but what would these same Liberals call it if he were a Republican? Would the Liberal Media be fawning all over that Republican today? Something to ponder i guess.

No reason to exert yourself, libbie. The most liberal of the liberal MSM gives that guy his own morning talk show. Of course, Joe's staffer didn't drown. Same difference.

And before you start squawking, I like Scarborough and his show. What happened years ago is a mystery to which I have no answers, and is between him and his Maker. How much more so Kennedy?

Give it a rest, we all got fed up with your dozen or so bile-dripping Mary Jo threads on the old MSNBC boards. What happened to her was tragic, and Ted paid for it with his failure to win the job he really wanted and could never have. It was also 46 years ago and shrouded in urban legend.

It's time to let them both rest in peace.

Yes it's called a "Tragic Mistake" by Liberals when a Democrat kills a young girl but what would these same Liberals call it if he were a Republican? Would the Liberal Media be fawning all over that Republican today? Something to ponder i guess.

No reason to exert yourself, libbie. The most liberal of the liberal MSM gives that guy his own morning talk show. Of course, Joe's staffer didn't drown. Same difference.

And before you start squawking, I like Scarborough and his show. What happened years ago is a mystery to which I have no answers, and is between him and his Maker. How much more so Kennedy?

Give it a rest, we all got fed up with your dozen or so bile-dripping Mary Jo threads on the old MSNBC boards. What happened to her was tragic, and Ted paid for it with his failure to win the job he really wanted and could never have. It was also 46 years ago and shrouded in urban legend.

Good grief....the truth is that Ted Kennedy was drunk, he drove his car into a lake, he got out and left Mary Jo to DIE. He walked passed dozens of houses on his way back to the party to get his brothers. Mary Jo lived in an air pocket for an hour after the car went into the lake. Had he gone to the first house and called the cops, she would have survived. Then he swam to the mainland and put in an appearance at the hotel bar as an alibi.

The Kennedy family paid Mary Jo's family over $100,000 not to have an autopsy performed, saying that it would prove they'd had sex and would ruin her reputation. Not a word about Teddy's reputation.....

Somehow, I don't think not getting to be president is payment enough for manslaughter at the least and murder at the most.

I understand that the Liberal dominated MSM is going to be very busy fawning all over Mr. Kennedy today as he is their hero but i can't help but wonder if they will show equal respect and mention Mary Jo Kopechne's name? You just don't hear her name mentioned by the Liberal MSM often enough. It's almost as if she never even existed. Well she did exist and her name was Mary Jo Kopechne. Mr. Kennedy was never held fully accountable for his crime in my opinion. So while the MSM fawns all over their hero today i will just observe and hope that they will also mention Mary Jo Kopechne's name. She really did exist and she had a name. So while we say good bye to Mr. Kennedy today,lets also take the time to remember Mary Jo Kopechne.

I have seen mention of her a few times today.
And why don't you leave judgment up to God.

I understand that the Liberal dominated MSM is going to be very busy fawning all over Mr. Kennedy today as he is their hero but i can't help but wonder if they will show equal respect and mention Mary Jo Kopechne's name? You just don't hear her name mentioned by the Liberal MSM often enough. It's almost as if she never even existed. Well she did exist and her name was Mary Jo Kopechne. Mr. Kennedy was never held fully accountable for his crime in my opinion. So while the MSM fawns all over their hero today i will just observe and hope that they will also mention Mary Jo Kopechne's name. She really did exist and she had a name. So while we say good bye to Mr. Kennedy today,lets also take the time to remember Mary Jo Kopechne.

SHe's today's bloody shirt....sad to say.

SHe's today's bloody shirt....sad to say.
You mean Blue Dress?

Btw,i'm not so much criticizing Ted Kennedy himself as i genuinely do have respect for the dead. I am more so criticizing the corrupt Liberal Media for their dishonesty and hypocrisy when it comes to Chappaquiddick. I rarely hear the CNNs,NY Times,NBCs or many other Liberal Media outlets mention Mary Jo Kopechne's name. They have no problem fawning all over their "Hero" but never seem to remember Mary Jo Kopechne. It's as if the poor woman never existed at all. In my humble opinion the Liberal Media has never shown Mary Jo Kopechne and her family the proper respect and honor they deserve. You have to ask yourself if he were a Republican would the Liberal Media just conveniently forget this poor woman they way they have? I just don't believe they would have ever let this issue go if he were a Republican. All i'm saying is that while we pay our respects to Ted Kennedy lets also take the time to remember Mary Jo Kopechne.

Last edited:

Good grief....the truth is that Ted Kennedy was drunk, he drove his car into a lake, he got out and left Mary Jo to DIE. He walked passed dozens of houses on his way back to the party to get his brothers. Mary Jo lived in an air pocket for an hour after the car went into the lake. Had he gone to the first house and called the cops, she would have survived. Then he swam to the mainland and put in an appearance at the hotel bar as an alibi.

The Kennedy family paid Mary Jo's family over $100,000 not to have an autopsy performed, saying that it would prove they'd had sex and would ruin her reputation. Not a word about Teddy's reputation.....

Somehow, I don't think not getting to be president is payment enough for manslaughter at the least and murder at the most.
You can't live in an air pocket in a car for an hour. In almost no time at all the air pocket would be your exhalations and not breathable air.

If he'd gone to the first house and called the cops chances are she would have died anyway. The only thing that would have saved her is if Kennedy had been sober enough to figure out how to get her out of the car or if there was a witness on shore that knew how to rescue someone from a car. Alternately, she could have broken out the window and saved herself...but most people don't know how to accomplish that.

See what I mean? :rolleyes:

Trust me, nobody forgets Mary Jo Kopechne. But she was a human being, not a weapon. Using her as such for the better part of half a decade cheapens her worse than the repeated insinuation she was nothing but a cheap groupie whore. Four and a half decades is a long time to carry both the burden of a trusted human being's death and the reduction of her entire life, accomplishments, name and legacy to a hate-filled smear. Of course he's paid. So has she, and so have her family, over and over again. You and those like you have made sure of that. Now have a little class and let them rest.

Btw,i'm not so much criticizing Ted Kennedy himself as i genuinely do have respect for the dead. I am more so criticizing the corrupt Liberal Media for their dishonesty and hypocrisy when it comes to Chappaquiddick. I rarely hear the CNNs,NY Times,NBCs or many other Liberal Media outlets mention Mary Jo Kopechne's name. They have no problem fawning all over their "Hero" but never seem to remember Mary Jo Kopechne. It's as if the poor woman never existed at all. In my humble opinion the Liberal Media has never shown Mary Jo Kopechne and her family the proper respect and honor they deserve. You have to ask yourself if he were a Republican would the Liberal Media just conveniently forget this poor woman they way they have? I just don't believe they would have ever let this issue go if he were a Republican. All i'm saying is that while we pay our respects to Ted Kennedy lets also take the time to remember Mary Jo Kopechne.

In context, the media (not the "liberal" media but the media) uses Mary Jo Kopechne by name when the subject is Chappaquiddick. It is the right wing who invokes her name any time the subject is Ted Kennedy.

Forum List

Back