SeveN Fired Coaches and not One Team That can Use Tebow?

You read it right; to pukes like Manifold and rightwinger, Christians are supposed to silent unless first spoken to by the superiors, which undoubtedly includes themselves in their view.

The overwhelming majority of NFL QBs are Christians

The only difference is that Tebow sucks

No, the difference is that Tebow is the only outspoken Christian. Tebow would be on a team somewhere, were it not for that.

If Tebow were a Jew....he would still suck

Reggie White was one of the biggest bible thumpers I ever saw....also one of the best I ever saw at getting to the QB

Reggie_white.jpg

Last edited:
You read it right; to pukes like Manifold and rightwinger, Christians are supposed to silent unless first spoken to by the superiors, which undoubtedly includes themselves in their view.

No, the difference is that Tebow is the only outspoken Christian. Tebow would be on a team somewhere, were it not for that.

That is one of the more ridiculous statements I've ever heard.

The NFL has and has had many outspoken Christians. The big difference with Tebow compared to most others is the media coverage.

As rightwinger pointed out, Reggie White was a very outspoken Christian and is considered one of the best ever at his position, and was considered so while he played. Kurt Warner was well known for wearing his Christianity on his sleeve and he is a Super Bowl winning quarterback who has a good chance of entering the HoF.

Put a microphone in front of at least half of the players in the NFL after a game and they thank god and Jesus for their game.

The NFL is filled with many self-defined Christians, and some are fairly outspoken about it. Rarely do they get the kind of coverage Tebow does, though. Whether that is because of his combination of outspoken belief mixed with his success despite poor passing, I have no idea.

The NFL has and has had many outspoken Christians. The big difference with Tebow compared to most others is the media coverage.

As rightwinger pointed out, Reggie White was a very outspoken Christian and is considered one of the best ever at his position, and was considered so while he played. Kurt Warner was well known for wearing his Christianity on his sleeve and he is a Super Bowl winning quarterback who has a good chance of entering the HoF.

Put a microphone in front of at least half of the players in the NFL after a game and they thank god and Jesus for their game.

The NFL is filled with many self-defined Christians, and some are fairly outspoken about it. Rarely do they get the kind of coverage Tebow does, though. Whether that is because of his combination of outspoken belief mixed with his success despite poor passing, I have no idea.

What's ridiculous is your conceptualization that anybody in the NFL has ever been anywhere near as outspoken about Christianity as Tebow....I stopped reading after you tried to sell that ludicrous premise.

What's ridiculous is your conceptualization that anybody in the NFL has ever been anywhere near as outspoken about Christianity as Tebow....I stopped reading after you tried to sell that ludicrous premise.

Well, clearly you have never followed the NFL very closely. :lol:

Ad-hominem....And there's nothing that has even remotely came close to Tebow levels of Christian advocacy as far as it relates to popular culture and the media.

I'll take Kurt Warner over Tebow any day

I'll take Kurt Warner over Tebow any day

Kurt Warner would be second. But in comparison, he is obscure.

Ad-hominem....And there's nothing that has even remotely came close to Tebow levels of Christian advocacy as far as it relates to popular culture and the media.

I've already said that Tebow has gotten an inordinate amount of media attention. I'd never deny something so obvious.

But the fact that the sports media goes over everything he does again and again doesn't mean he's actually doing things over and over. Repeating something he said 500 times doesn't mean he was more outspoken than someone who has their quote repeated 50 times.

Reggie White was a minister who said god told him to go to Green Bay. That's not outspoken?

Tebow may have been more physically demonstrative where his faith is concerned and he may have gotten more media attention, but that doesn't make him more outspoken about it.

I've already said that Tebow has gotten an inordinate amount of media attention. I'd never deny something so obvious.

But the fact that the sports media goes over everything he does again and again doesn't mean he's actually doing things over and over. Repeating something he said 500 times doesn't mean he was more outspoken than someone who has their quote repeated 50 times.

Reggie White was a minister who said god told him to go to Green Bay. That's not outspoken?

Tebow may have been more physically demonstrative where his faith is concerned and he may have gotten more media attention, but that doesn't make him more outspoken about it.

Reggie White did not become as vocal about his beliefs til late in his career. Also, the NFL is very different today than it was twenty years ago, as was the country. There has been a very pervasive anti-Christian trend since then, and the NFL is very averse to polarizing attention.

Reggie White did not become as vocal about his beliefs til late in his career. Also, the NFL is very different today than it was twenty years ago, as was the country. There has been a very pervasive anti-Christian trend since then, and the NFL is very averse to polarizing attention.

Either that, or they hate bad Quarterbacks

Context, dude. You were saying it as a put-down. And do you think that race-baiting and sharing one's spiritual beliefs are even comparable? You may consider Tebow off-putting, and that's your right. But he's not hurting anyone. I don't think he's even over-bearing even. I've never heard of him going to a non-christian teammate and telling him he's going to hell if he didn't believe. or something like that. You simply can't stand the fact that he has the audacity to go public with beliefs that you don't share; and that is bigotry.

Tebow's grandstanding bible-thumping doesn't bother me at all.

I'm just calling a spade a spade, something you apparently lack the courage to do.

Then why do you have to use terms that have bad connotations if it doesn't bother you at all?

To piss you off.

You're pretty slow on the uptake eh? :lol:

Forum List

Back