Is Tebow finished?

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Any of you Patriot fans seen him play this year?

Scouts' Honor: Tim Tebow Not Fit for NFL, CFL, or Arena League, Unless... | Bleacher Report

The belief is that Tebow has been and will continue to be so bad, that the Patriots will have no choice but to cut him loose from the roster.

Now, just to be clear: None of this is presented as Tebow-bashing or a type of huge exposé. To some, this isn't even shocking. To me, some of this was. Scouts I trust saying Tebow isn’t fit to play arena ball?

Then I thought about it. I watched him play this preseason when he threw for negative yards and looked as graceful as two toddlers playing catch with a bag of angry cats. I talked to more people, watched Tebow highlights from his Florida Gator and Denver Broncos days.

And, I’ll be damned. It's clear. Tebow’s career as anything but a blocking fullback is over.

The reason why is speed. Speed doesn’t just kill; speed is currency in football. It’s the dollar, the deutsche mark. A player without a basic modicum of it is a brontosaurus in a league of tyrannosaurus rex.

That lack of speed is evident in three critical phases of Tebow’s game: His throwing motion, his mental acuity and his ability to avoid tacklers.

Last edited:
Maybe, maybe not. He's done a good job as an option QB running out of the backfield. Having a running QB on the roster is not nec. a bad option these days. The pats will face games where said option helps them win games. Running eats time off the clock. Being able to switch to a run option oriented offense means the competition has to prepare for two different offenses. Additionally, he helps them prepare for going up against run option offenses. Further, if you actually watched the games you would realize his errant work was under duress with backup blockers that were allowing QB pressure. A couple bad throws yes. Also a couple throws where the backup receivers just dropped the ball.. Some of the errant passes looked like he was throwing it away to avoid yet another sack. The errant pass the press focused on that hit the ground short last week, was actually a pass in which his arm was hit by a defender who was being blocked poorly.

Last edited:
Maybe, maybe not. He's done a good job as an option QB running out of the backfield. Having a running QB on the roster is not nec. a bad option these days. The pats will face games where said option helps them win games. Running eats time off the clock. Being able to switch to a run option oriented offense means the competition has to prepare for two different offenses. Additionally, he helps them prepare for going up against run option offenses. Further, if you actually watched the games you would realize his errant work was under duress with backup blockers that were allowing QB pressure. A couple bad throws yes. Also a couple throws where the backup receivers just dropped the ball.. Some of the errant passes looked like he was throwing it away to avoid yet another sack. The errant pass the press focused on that hit the ground short last week, was actually a pass in which his arm was hit by a defender who was being blocked poorly.

Haven't seen the Pats yet this year

Any word out of camp on his chances of making the team? Has it been a circus like with the Jets?

Any word out of camp on his chances of making the team? Has it been a circus like with the Jets?

No circus. Chances are 50/50. Reason is a QB for a run option set of plays. He's been overthrowing a lot of mid range passes, which is generally a result of a QB that is being over eager to impress and/or having an arm that is to strong. His deep ball is better. His delivery isn't fast, but he's not slow in the head.. so that should improve. It would be interesting to see how he does when the game is on the line. So far he's been used in kill the clock type offenses. The interception last week was a medium range ball over the middle that caught air. From a coach perspective it looks to me like he's not releasing the ball correctly, just a tad loose on the wrist resulting in the ball coming out just a tad to early/erratically. But it comes out with good velocity and he's picking out the right guy to throw to.. that's promising.

Last edited:
Last edited:

We can only hope so

That is the Tebow the Jets and Patriots thought they were getting

Hell, the Patriots will benefit by just having him around...

Patriots, Coach Fined $750K For Cheating - CBS News

Patriots Tight End Is Charged With Murder

werent hernandez and tebow teammates at Florida? That didnt do Hernandez much good apparently

Sanchez is hurt

Looks like the Jets need a QB

Tebow 2

Any of you Patriot fans seen him play this year?

Scouts' Honor: Tim Tebow Not Fit for NFL, CFL, or Arena League, Unless... | Bleacher Report

The belief is that Tebow has been and will continue to be so bad, that the Patriots will have no choice but to cut him loose from the roster.

Now, just to be clear: None of this is presented as Tebow-bashing or a type of huge exposé. To some, this isn't even shocking. To me, some of this was. Scouts I trust saying Tebow isn’t fit to play arena ball?

Then I thought about it. I watched him play this preseason when he threw for negative yards and looked as graceful as two toddlers playing catch with a bag of angry cats. I talked to more people, watched Tebow highlights from his Florida Gator and Denver Broncos days.

And, I’ll be damned. It's clear. Tebow’s career as anything but a blocking fullback is over.

The reason why is speed. Speed doesn’t just kill; speed is currency in football. It’s the dollar, the deutsche mark. A player without a basic modicum of it is a brontosaurus in a league of tyrannosaurus rex.

That lack of speed is evident in three critical phases of Tebow’s game: His throwing motion, his mental acuity and his ability to avoid tacklers.

Tebow was finished the moment he stopped playing college ball.

We see time and time again that the skills that make top notch college QB's don't always translate to the NFL.

Belicheck does NOT allow circus. Tebow has looked awful, but somehow signs point to him making the roster. If nothing else, it's good PR to have such a quality human being on the team after, well, you know...

Honestly don't know why the Jags didn't pick him up. I bet he'd win more games for his hometown than Gabbert.

Forum List

Back