This week in Football! (week 4)

TheOldSchool

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
last stop for sanity before reaching the south
I'm going to do this every week and I don't care if anyone reads it or not!

49ers 35 vs. Rams 11

Niners trounced the Rams. Kapaernick didn't look special but it didn't matter because he had Frank Gore to hand the ball off to. Their defense held strong against a mediocre quarterback and ZERO run game. Aldon Smith's absence went unnoticed for at least one week.

Ravens 20 vs. Bills 23

Joe Flacco is slowly proving that he wasn't worth his contract. Ray Rice was a non-factor. The Bills? Well on their way to towards a strong 3rd place finish in the AFC East. Their defense had 5 interceptions and 4 sacks though, that's worth something.

Cardinals 13 vs. Buccanneers 10

Well this was an awful game. If you had to watch this... I'm sorry

Steelers 27 vs. Vikings 34

This game, while battling through the shame of taking place in London, ended up being a good one! Adrian Peterson had his way with the defense as he has done so many times in his career. Albeit against the worst Steelers defense we've seen in YEARS. Le'Veon Bell made a decent NFL debut with 2 touchdowns. Cassel? Better than Ponder. Roethlisberger? As terrible as his other 3 games.

Giants 7 vs. Chiefs 31

Look out Jaguars! The Giants might be the worst team in football. Eli is getting killed back there. No running game and no o-line = no touchdowns (well, there was one Victor Cruz salsa dance). The Chiefs are 4 - 0 and thus far are proving how great of a coach Andy Reid is. Alex Smith is taking care of the ball, Jamaal Charles is getting it done in the running and passing game, and the receivers had a great game. They're not better than the Broncos, but Wildcard maybe? :confused:

Colts 37 vs. Jaguars 3

The colts demolished the Jaguars in their own house. The Colts offense was clearly unaffected by unnerving silence of the Jacksonville home crowd. Reggie Wayne had an explosive day, and Trent Richardson and Colby Fleener contributed to the smackdown. On the Jaguars side? MJD looked awful. And I think Cecil Shorts caught a few passes, despite the throws coming from a complete disaster.

Seahawks 23 vs. Texans 20

Going into the half it was looking like the Texans were going to run away with it all. Then Matt Schaub had a complete nervous breakdown after realizing that there were 2 more quarters to play (I mean SHIT I could probably have thrown a TD to Andre Johnson, DeAndre Hopkins, Arian Foster, or Owen Daniels). Or maybe the Seahawks defense is just REALLY DAMN GOOD (just maybe). Anyways, Marshawn Lynch was able to find beast mode and a dramatic field goal gave the 'Hawks the W.

Bengals 6 vs. Browns 17

Wow. Cincinnati fans? Time to start questioning your team. A.J. Green? Giovani Bernard? Shut. Down. Could Brian Hoyer be the Browns QB of the future after this performance??? I'll guess no. But they have the same record as the Ravens and the team they just embarrassed. Who would've thunk it.

Bears 32 vs. Lions 40

The Bears came back down to earth today as the NFL gaming Gods realized that they let Jay Cutler be 3 - 0. The Lions offensive weapons proved to be too much for the Bears to handle. It should be worrisome to the Lions that they allowed so many points at home despite having focused on their defense the last few off-seasons.

Jets 13 vs. Titans 38

The Jets are awful. Geno Smith is awful. Jake Locker had a career day until he left the game. Neither of these teams are making the post-season.

Redskins 24 vs. Raiders 14

The Redskins won by playing embarrassing garbage football against a slightly more embarrassing garbage team. Injuries galore prevented both teams from executing the way they wanted to. Darren McFadden, having played 3 FULL games has now exceeded his limit on football for a season, so don't expect to see too much of him anymore. On the redskins side, RG3 is still not 100%, Alfred Morris isn't running enough (and left the game with bruised ribs), and their defense had its first decent showing (despite being against an anemic Raiders offense).

Eagles 20 vs. Broncos 52

The Eagles were obliterated by the Broncos. Peyton Manning is the best Quarterback in the NFL and can score at whim. That offense is unstoppable. The Eagles are as bad as the rest of their NFC East brethren.

Cowboys 21 vs. Chargers 30

This was a pretty balanced game throughout. The Cowboys had a good offensive showing but because they're a bunch of panty-wearing fairies they couldn't pull the trigger and win the game (I'm a Redskins fan). Philip Rivers had a great game and his offense pulled it out in the end.

Patriots 30 vs. Falcons 23

I missed a lot because of the Breaking Bad finale, but Tom Brady and his Patriots are like a team of Tim Tebows, all they do is win despite not having any particularly good attributes about them. LeGarrette Blount somehow had a great game. Kembrell Thompkins had a FANTASTIC game. On the Falcons side, Tony Gonzalez willed them to 23 points, but he didn't have any help.

I'll update this with the Dolphins/Saints game tomorrow.

Hope you enjoyed the read you arse-faces

Last edited:

Going into the half it was looking like the Texans were going to run away with it all. Then Matt Schaub had a complete nervous breakdown after realizing that there were 2 more quarters to play (I mean SHIT I could probably have thrown a TD to Andre Johnson, DeAndre Hopkins, Arian Foster, or Owen Daniels). Or maybe the Seahawks defense is just REALLY DAMN GOOD (just maybe). Anyways, Marshawn Lynch was able to find beast mode and a dramatic field goal gave the 'Hawks the W.

Russell Wilson often says "100 yards is 100 yards" "a football game is 60 minutes"

Pete Carroll often says "We play every game like it is a championship game"

There is no "quit" in the Seattle Seahawks. Since Russell Wilson has been the QB the team has had several such comebacks as they did today. When thier backs are up against a wall the Hawks just step up to the challenge. I expect it. We fans expect it. The team expects it. I've never seen a team come from so far behind so often...and they do it away from thier home stadium. They are seldom behind in the Clink.

Russell Wilson and Richard Sherman are the most clutch players I have ever seen on a football field.

They make me proud to be a fan.

• Banned

Russell Wilson often says "100 yards is 100 yards" "a football game is 60 minutes"

Pete Carroll often says "We play every game like it is a championship game"

There is no "quit" in the Seattle Seahawks. Since Russell Wilson has been the QB the team has had several such comebacks as they did today. When thier backs are up against a wall the Hawks just step up to the challenge. I expect it. We fans expect it. The team expects it. I've never seen a team come from so far behind so often...and they do it away from thier home stadium. They are seldom behind in the Clink.

Russell Wilson and Richard Sherman are the most clutch players I have ever seen on a football field.

They make me proud to be a fan.

:thup:

Winning away from home has been a problem for the Seahawks over the last few years. But I think their defense is so freaking good that they'll be in the game no matter where they are all year.

As far as the offense: You guys have a great running back. But you don't have a TRUE #1 receiving threat. Golden Tate and Sidney Rice won't cut it. If Percy Harvin is able to make it back this year then every team in the league should be afraid of you guys. Well... moreso than they are now :razz:

This was a pretty balanced game throughout. The Cowboys had a good offensive showing but because they're a bunch of panty-wearing fairies (you mean like D-rats ?) they couldn't pull the trigger and win the game (I'm a Redskins fan). Philip Rivers had a great game and his offense pulled it out in the end.

i have been a Chargers fan since day one, when i was in the Navy at USNAS Miramar, i was with VF-161 Chargers, the football team were so proud that a Naval air squadron was their namesake, so on their home games they gave us free admission before they moved into the new Jack Murphy Stadium, just to boost their attendance record, after the team moved into the new stadium they alloted 25 tickets to the squadron.

Despite the Da Bears being able to blame Cutler. Their defense didn't show up.
Although Cutler said he needs to do better. Stay more focused at the end of the Game.
facepalm.gif

• Banned

This was a pretty balanced game throughout. The Cowboys had a good offensive showing but because they're a bunch of panty-wearing fairies (you mean like D-rats ?) they couldn't pull the trigger and win the game (I'm a Redskins fan). Philip Rivers had a great game and his offense pulled it out in the end.

i have been a Chargers fan since day one, when i was in the Navy at USNAS Miramar, i was with VF-161 Chargers, the football team were so proud that a Naval air squadron was their namesake, so on their home games they gave us free admission before they moved into the new Jack Murphy Stadium, just to boost their attendance record, after the team moved into the new stadium they alloted 25 tickets to the squadron.

Very cool!

Forum List

Back