Seahawks SUCK !!!!

I agree...but Seattle has a history playing down to the level of other teams...last year's games against TB and Houston show that for example.

dont forget tennesse.yeah remembering those games that they played poorly at at home,theres no need to panic. im going to chalk up all those penaltys which was uncharistic of them this year to the bye week.that they got rusty in that period. after their next home game next week,they should be back to committing less than a handful i would think.

Actually penalties didn't favor Washington as only one out of 13 Seattle penalties resulted in a Redskin first down, not bad for 13 called. On the other hand Seattle got two first downs from Washington three penalties. Where it hurt was getting three TD's called back. Score could have been 40 something to 17.

Your first statement would make sense if getting a first down was the only way a penalty is advantageous. Seattle had 10 more penalties for 60 more yards than Washington. Those TDs getting called back also hurt, of course. I'd say that's pretty clearly penalties favoring Washington.

I agree...but Seattle has a history playing down to the level of other teams...last year's games against TB and Houston show that for example.

dont forget tennesse.yeah remembering those games that they played poorly at at home,theres no need to panic. im going to chalk up all those penaltys which was uncharistic of them this year to the bye week.that they got rusty in that period. after their next home game next week,they should be back to committing less than a handful i would think.

Actually penalties didn't favor Washington as only one out of 13 Seattle penalties resulted in a Redskin first down, not bad for 13 called. On the other hand Seattle got two first downs from Washington three penalties. Where it hurt was getting three TD's called back. Score could have been 40 something to 17.

Your first statement would make sense if getting a first down was the only way a penalty is advantageous. Seattle had 10 more penalties for 60 more yards than Washington. Those TDs getting called back also hurt, of course. I'd say that's pretty clearly penalties favoring Washington.

Those three TDs wiped off the scoreboard didn't favor Washington? ...Tell that to Harvin.. Say it clearly.

Those three TDs wiped off the scoreboard didn't favor Washington? ...Tell that to Harvin.. Say it clearly.

Um, I said that the penalties favored Washington.... ;)

UMMmmmm.....

I agreed with you.

:lol:

UMMmmmm.....

I agreed with you.

But this is what you posted : "Those three TDs wiped off the scoreboard didn't favor Washington?" The question mark at the end certainly seems to indicate you think I said the TDs being called back didn't favor Washington. :)

UMMmmmm.....

I agreed with you.

But this is what you posted : "Those three TDs wiped off the scoreboard didn't favor Washington?" The question mark at the end certainly seems to indicate you think I said the TDs being called back didn't favor Washington. :)

I'm not sure what you mean. No matter. I agree with you. My point with what I posted was that Harvin was most likely livid about what happened to three TDs...in fact though I saw some after game locker room interviews and Harvin took it in stride.

I don't see how "wiping three TDs" off the scoreboard couldn't help Washington. It was certainly an odd circumstance I for one have never witnessed. If even two of Harvins TDs had counted it would have been a blowout as it should have been. The final score obviously didn't reflect the actual difference of the qualities of the two teams.

edited,double post.

yeah like i said hometown refs.seattle committed a lot of dumb stupid penaltys no doubt but two of those three called back were clearly bullshit calls.even the announcers could not believe it.they clearly ddi not want the skins to get embarrassed two weeks in a row on primetime so they did everything they could to try and help them win.

yeah like i said hometown refs.seattle committed a lot of dumb stupid penaltys no doubt but two of those three called back were clearly bullshit calls.even the announcers could not believe it.they clearly ddi not want the skins to get embarrassed two weeks in a row on primetime so they did everything they could to try and help them win.

The only call I remember is the offensive lineman dropping onto the fallen D lineman and getting called for unnecessary roughness or something like that. What were the other two?

I believe Seattle has only a coupe flags for defensive holding all season. Doesn't seem to a problem for them. That is probably the reason their overall interceptions are down. (2)

I believe Seattle has only a coupe flags for defensive holding all season. Doesn't seem to a problem for them. That is probably the reason their overall interceptions are down. (2)

Holding is far from the only one being called more, though. Illegal contact, hands to the face, there's just been even more questionable calls so far this year, at least in the games I've seen. I've heard it was even worse in the preseason games, but it's bad enough now. I get that the NFL wants a lot of scoring (although I honestly am not sure why, there seems to be plenty of scoring already to me) but they really are doing too much to handcuff defenses these days.

I'm beginning to expect a flag on every long offensive play and every great defensive play and hit this season. When the officials become the focus of a game - especially football and baseball - it ceases to be entertaining. Many of the calls in the NFL this season seem arbitrary and inconsistent; worse, some have no impact on the actual play. It's time for the NFL make some changes.

Here's one rule change I'd like to see. Allow the defense to take away a down from the offense when the enforcement of a penalty is half the distance. If the 'O' is called for a major penalty the 'D' ought to have this option; otherwise the 'O' can hold, leg whip, trip and manhandle the 'D' with no risk.

The GREAT Percy Harvin is no longer the star running back/receiver for the Seattle Seahawks.

He was traded to the Jets today for a conditional 2nd or third round pick.

Apparently the Hawks got tired of Percy's attitude so after 5 games in what was hoped to be his first full season with the Hawks he was shown the door. Apparently the last straw was a confrontation this week when Russell Wilson called Harvin out in the locker room and the in house "discussion" didn't go well for Percy. If there was any doubt Wilson is the team leader of the Seattle Seahawks it was made clear this week.

Thanks for the little bit of exciting plays Harvin.

Now SCOOT !!!

The GREAT Percy Harvin is no longer the star running back/receiver for the Seattle Seahawks.

Apparently the Hawks got tired of Percy's attitude so after 5 games in what was hoped to be his first full season with the Hawks he was shown the door. Apparently the last straw was a confrontation this week when Russell Wilson called Harvin out in the locker room and the in house "discussion" didn't go well for Percy. If there was any doubt Wilson is the team leader of the Seattle Seahawks it was made clear this week.

Now SCOOT !!!

Wow.

26 pages on the Seachickens. Wow.

Go Niners!

This is a fun little no holds barred sports forum. Welcome! Enjoy!

Well, Pete Carroll went for it on that 4th down against the Niners in the playoffs, and they scored the TD. He rolled the dice and came up huge. So, I gotta hand it to him.

I thought he was a good coach for New England before Belichek, and then I hated him as a USC coach against Cal and Stanford.

Now SCOOT !!!
man I thought you were just joking around at first when you made this post but i see your serious. say good bye to the seahawks repeating.its just not in the cards this year.maybe the future but not this year.

Forum List

Back