NFL WEEK 15 PICKS

Montrovant

Fuzzy bears!
May 4, 2009
A Picturesque Apocalypse
Some big playoff implications games this week, as usual in week 15.

Thu Dec 14 8:25 pm Denver Broncos Indianapolis Colts - The Broncos D looked dominant again last week.
Sat Dec 16 4:30 pm Chicago Bears Detroit Lions - Detroit still has some playoff hopes.
8:25 pm Los Angeles Chargers Kansas City Chiefs - Chargers have been playing good football of late.
Sun Dec 17 1:00 pm Arizona Cardinals Washington Redskins - The Redskins win a close one.
1:00 pm Baltimore Ravens Cleveland Browns - Anyone but Cleveland.
1:00 pm Cincinnati Bengals Minnesota Vikings - Vikings bounce back against the Bungles.
1:00 pm Green Bay Packers Carolina Panthers - Even if Rodgers plays, the Panthers are too much for GB.
1:00 pm Houston Texans Jacksonville Jaguars - Jaguars best scoring D, and Bortles is playing well lately.
1:00 pm Miami Dolphins Buffalo Bills - Bills get the home field edge.
1:00 pm New York Jets New Orleans Saints - Jets might have had a chance with McCown, none now.
1:00 pm Philadelphia Eagles New York Giants - Even with Foles, Eagles should win easily.
4:05 pm Los Angeles Rams Seattle Seahawks - The Rams are the better team, especially with Chancellor and Sherman out.
4:25 pm New England Patriots Pittsburgh Steelers - Shootout game, Pats bounce back after Miami loss.
4:25 pm Tennessee Titans San Francisco 49ers - 3 in a row for Jimmy G-led 49ers!
8:30 pm Dallas Cowboys Oakland Raiders - Cowboys win to keep playoff hopes alive.
Mon Dec 18 8:30 pm Atlanta Falcons Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Falcons still have playoff chance, Bucs are worried about next year.

Some big playoff implications games this week, as usual in week 15.

Thu Dec 14 8:25 pm Denver Broncos Indianapolis Colts - The Broncos D looked dominant again last week.
Sat Dec 16 4:30 pm Chicago Bears Detroit Lions - Detroit still has some playoff hopes.
8:25 pm Los Angeles Chargers Kansas City Chiefs - Chargers have been playing good football of late.
Sun Dec 17 1:00 pm Arizona Cardinals Washington Redskins - The Redskins win a close one.
1:00 pm Baltimore Ravens Cleveland Browns - Anyone but Cleveland.
1:00 pm Cincinnati Bengals Minnesota Vikings - Vikings bounce back against the Bungles.
1:00 pm Green Bay Packers Carolina Panthers - Even if Rodgers plays, the Panthers are too much for GB.
1:00 pm Houston Texans Jacksonville Jaguars - Jaguars best scoring D, and Bortles is playing well lately.
1:00 pm Miami Dolphins Buffalo Bills - Bills get the home field edge.
1:00 pm New York Jets New Orleans Saints - Jets might have had a chance with McCown, none now.
1:00 pm Philadelphia Eagles New York Giants - Even with Foles, Eagles should win easily.
4:05 pm Los Angeles Rams Seattle Seahawks - The Rams are the better team, especially with Chancellor and Sherman out.
4:25 pm New England Patriots Pittsburgh Steelers - Shootout game, Pats bounce back after Miami loss.
4:25 pm Tennessee Titans San Francisco 49ers - 3 in a row for Jimmy G-led 49ers!
8:30 pm Dallas Cowboys Oakland Raiders - Cowboys win to keep playoff hopes alive.
Mon Dec 18 8:30 pm Atlanta Falcons Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Falcons still have playoff chance, Bucs are worried about next year.
Broncos over Colts --- Broncos have D. Colts don't have much of anything.
Kitties over da Bearsus --- Wonder if the Bears could pull off another unlikely win?
Chargers over Chefs --- Was going to pick Chefs at home, but Chargers trending upward. I think Chargers win.
Cards over Skins --- Two mediocre teams. Cards playing better defensively.
Ravens over Browns --- Browns had their chance at a win last week. They aren't going to beat the Ravens.
Vikes over Bungholes --- Vikes finally back at home. Should rebound against poor Bengals team.
Panthers over Pukers --- Hope Rodgers comes back so he can get pummeled by the Panthers pass rush.
Jags over Texassans --- Too bad about all the Texans injuries. This could have been a premier matchup. As is, Jags D is great. Shouldn't have much trouble against Texassans.
Bills over Fish --- Fish got an impressive win over the Pats. If they were playing in Miami, I'd probably pick them. They'll be playing in Buffalo though, maybe in a foot of snow like last game, and Buffalo has a better ground game.
Saints over Jets --- Saints better all around and playing at home.
Giants over Iggles --- Guess we'll see how good Foles is. He had a good year running the spread with Chip Kelly. Giants have much better chance of winning this game due to Wentz being out.
Seachix over Rams --- Seachix playing pretty well even with second stringers at key positions. Seattle hard place to play on the road.
Steelers over Pats --- Hard to pick against Pats, but Steelers are having a great year. Steelers at home.
Titans over Whiners --- Titans rebound against defensively weak Whiners.
Cowpies over da Raiduz --- Don't think the Raiduz are out of contention for the AFC-West yet, but they haven't been playing especially well.
Failcons over Succaneers --- Failcons have to keep winning to stay in playoff contention. This will be the only easy game left as they have to play Saints and Panthers again.

Decided to watch the Lions - Bears game as my Ducks are getting pummeled in the Las Vegas Bowl. Why on earth are the Lions wearing those hideous grey uniforms? They should be collected and burned and never spoken of or seen again.

Decided to watch the Lions - Bears game as my Ducks are getting pummeled in the Las Vegas Bowl. Why on earth are the Lions wearing those hideous grey uniforms? They should be collected and burned and never spoken of or seen again.
The lions don’t deserve to be in the playoffs this year as much as I love my lions.

We need a running back. Someone as bad ass as golden Tate. Cause he’s one bad ass dude

The lions don’t deserve to be in the playoffs this year as much as I love my lions.

We need a running back. Someone as bad ass as golden Tate. Cause he’s one bad ass dude
Oh, shit... Hope Stafford didn't get hurt. Looked like he may have hurt his shoulder or collar.

Oh, shit... Hope Stafford didn't get hurt. Looked like he may have hurt his shoulder or collar.
I didn’t see it. I taped it so I’m a little behind. Say it isn’t so

Just saw it. Thought you were kidding. I guess being up ten isn’t guaranteed you’re going to win so you can’t put in the second string but now I’d put my backup in

They need some more color to break up the unrelenting grey, particularly on the pants....but they aren't nearly as bad as some of the other mostly single-colored unis the NFL has used.

They need some more color to break up the unrelenting grey, particularly on the pants....but they aren't nearly as bad as some of the other mostly single-colored unis the NFL has used.
Damn you Aaron Rogers!

Damn you Aaron Rogers!
A little rust is to be expected after a long absence. Glad to see the Pukers lose. Think it pretty much ends their playoff hopes.

Damn you Aaron Rogers!
A little rust is to be expected after a long absence. Glad to see the Pukers lose. Think it pretty much ends their playoff hopes.

I wish Rodgers return hadn't meant that Williams would be under-used. I started him in one of my fantasy playoffs. :p

I'm 10-1 going into the 4:00 games.

With the 4:00 games just about at halftime, I'm becoming a Jimmy Garoppolo believer. I realize the 49ers haven't been playing the best teams since putting Jimmy G in the lineup, but he has been impressive so far. I expected they might win 1 with him as the starter, and here they are working toward a third win in a row. I've definitely got hope for next year now. I also am starting to agree with the school of thought that the 49ers should try to lock him up long term now, rather than have him play under the franchise tag next year. It could allow the 49ers to save money; if he plays well under the franchise next year, a long term deal would likely cost more. I'd hate to see things end up in a Cousins-type situation, with the franchise tag being used for multiple years and the price tag for a long term deal going up.

I'm still a bit pissed about how badly the Chargers choked. I was relying on Rivers's fantasy points. :p

With the 4:00 games just about at halftime, I'm becoming a Jimmy Garoppolo believer. I realize the 49ers haven't been playing the best teams since putting Jimmy G in the lineup, but he has been impressive so far. I expected they might win 1 with him as the starter, and here they are working toward a third win in a row. I've definitely got hope for next year now. I also am starting to agree with the school of thought that the 49ers should try to lock him up long term now, rather than have him play under the franchise tag next year. It could allow the 49ers to save money; if he plays well under the franchise next year, a long term deal would likely cost more. I'd hate to see things end up in a Cousins-type situation, with the franchise tag being used for multiple years and the price tag for a long term deal going up.

I'm still a bit pissed about how badly the Chargers choked. I was relying on Rivers's fantasy points. :p
Think you did a lot better than I did this week. Guess I'll check the scores...

Broncos over Colts --- Broncos have D. Colts don't have much of anything. Check
Kitties over da Bearsus --- Wonder if the Bears could pull off another unlikely win? Check
Chargers over Chefs --- Was going to pick Chefs at home, but Chargers trending upward. I think Chargers win. Wrong. Should have stuck with my first instinct.
Cards over Skins --- Two mediocre teams. Cards playing better defensively. Wrong. Skins pull it out at home.
Ravens over Browns --- Browns had their chance at a win last week. They aren't going to beat the Ravens. Check
Vikes over Bungholes --- Vikes finally back at home. Should rebound against poor Bengals team. Check. Vikes win NFC-North
Panthers over Pukers --- Hope Rodgers comes back so he can get pummeled by the Panthers pass rush. Check
Jags over Texassans --- Too bad about all the Texans injuries. This could have been a premier matchup. As is, Jags D is great. Shouldn't have much trouble against Texassans. Check
Bills over Fish --- Fish got an impressive win over the Pats. If they were playing in Miami, I'd probably pick them. They'll be playing in Buffalo though, maybe in a foot of snow like last game, and Buffalo has a better ground game. Check
Saints over Jets --- Saints better all around and playing at home. Check
Giants over Iggles --- Guess we'll see how good Foles is. He had a good year running the spread with Chip Kelly. Giants have much better chance of winning this game due to Wentz being out. Wrong. Giants played well. Foles also played pretty well.
Seachix over Rams --- Seachix playing pretty well even with second stringers at key positions. Seattle hard place to play on the road. Wrong. Way off on this one. Rams steamroll the Seachix.
Steelers over Pats --- Hard to pick against Pats, but Steelers are having a great year. Steelers at home. Wrong. I really hate all the BS rules regarding what is considered a catch and what isn't. Looks like Antonio Brown got hurt too - don't know how bad.
Titans over Whiners --- Titans rebound against defensively weak Whiners. Wrong. Whiners get a last second FG for the win. Garrapolo may be the answer at QB for the Whiners.
Cowpies over da Raiduz --- Don't think the Raiduz are out of contention for the AFC-West yet, but they haven't been playing especially well. Cowpies up 10-0 at the half, so if my prediction hold up I'll be 9-6 going into the Monday night game.

Think you did a lot better than I did this week. Guess I'll check the scores...

Broncos over Colts --- Broncos have D. Colts don't have much of anything. Check
Kitties over da Bearsus --- Wonder if the Bears could pull off another unlikely win? Check
Chargers over Chefs --- Was going to pick Chefs at home, but Chargers trending upward. I think Chargers win. Wrong. Should have stuck with my first instinct.
Cards over Skins --- Two mediocre teams. Cards playing better defensively. Wrong. Skins pull it out at home.
Ravens over Browns --- Browns had their chance at a win last week. They aren't going to beat the Ravens. Check
Vikes over Bungholes --- Vikes finally back at home. Should rebound against poor Bengals team. Check. Vikes win NFC-North
Panthers over Pukers --- Hope Rodgers comes back so he can get pummeled by the Panthers pass rush. Check
Jags over Texassans --- Too bad about all the Texans injuries. This could have been a premier matchup. As is, Jags D is great. Shouldn't have much trouble against Texassans. Check
Bills over Fish --- Fish got an impressive win over the Pats. If they were playing in Miami, I'd probably pick them. They'll be playing in Buffalo though, maybe in a foot of snow like last game, and Buffalo has a better ground game. Check
Saints over Jets --- Saints better all around and playing at home. Check
Giants over Iggles --- Guess we'll see how good Foles is. He had a good year running the spread with Chip Kelly. Giants have much better chance of winning this game due to Wentz being out. Wrong. Giants played well. Foles also played pretty well.
Seachix over Rams --- Seachix playing pretty well even with second stringers at key positions. Seattle hard place to play on the road. Wrong. Way off on this one. Rams steamroll the Seachix.
Steelers over Pats --- Hard to pick against Pats, but Steelers are having a great year. Steelers at home. Wrong. I really hate all the BS rules regarding what is considered a catch and what isn't. Looks like Antonio Brown got hurt too - don't know how bad.
Titans over Whiners --- Titans rebound against defensively weak Whiners. Wrong. Whiners get a last second FG for the win. Garrapolo may be the answer at QB for the Whiners.
Cowpies over da Raiduz --- Don't think the Raiduz are out of contention for the AFC-West yet, but they haven't been playing especially well. Cowpies up 10-0 at the half, so if my prediction hold up I'll be 9-6 going into the Monday night game.

Yeah, so far that Chiefs win is the only one I've gotten wrong this week. I didn't expect the Giants to keep it so close, or the Rams to destroy the Seahawks as they did.

Damn you Aaron Rogers!
Thank the lord.

That loss to Atlanta is going to come back to bite the lions in the ass. We almost won.

Forum List

Back