Changes needed in DC… NOW!!!!!

FF has nothing to do with the League or the games. It's another way to have fun with the games, very easy to ignore
I do ignore it as much as possible. Unfortunately the sports programs, broadcasters, etc… waste time discussing it when they could be talking about important stuff

A very small step in the right direction today by getting Chase Young and Montez Sweat out the door. I think they should have gotten more for Young, but at least he’s gone. They should have gotten rid of more before the trade deadline. Here’s hoping Rivera and Company are gone after New England embarrasses them this weekend.

The salary cap has made the nfl the most popular sport in the US
I didn’t say it wasn’t popular; I said it wasn’t good. I’m not interested in ratings or how much money they make. I’m interested in the on- field product, which I feel has declined in the last 30 years.

I didn’t say it wasn’t popular; I said it wasn’t good. I’m not interested in ratings or how much money they make. I’m interested in the on- field product, which I feel has declined in the last 30 years.

The reason it's more popular is precisely because the on field product is better. You suffer from nostalgia.

The reason it's more popular is precisely because the on field product is better. You suffer from nostalgia.

not all seems better. Pass interference penalties are almost random? Cant play defense any more.

roughing the QB? Some really bad calls there.

probably many others. Random targeting? Unnecessary roughness? Holding? Oh yeah….hands to face off the ball wiping out scores or vice versa keeping drives alive.

not all seems better. Pass interference penalties are almost random? Cant play defense any more.

roughing the QB? Some really bad calls there.

probably many others. Random targeting? Unnecessary roughness? Holding? Oh yeah….hands to face off the ball wiping out scores or vice versa keeping drives alive.
Those are rule changes that have nothing to do with the actual talent on the field. Take a team from today and transport them 30 years into the past and they smash those NFL teams regardless of rule set.

The reason it's more popular is precisely because the on field product is better. You suffer from nostalgia
No. The reason it’s more popular is because teams in worthless markets like Cincinnati, Seattle, New England, etc… can now be competitive… not because they got better but because the teams that used to dominate are no longer allowed to outspend them.

Take a team from today and transport them 30 years into the past and they smash those NFL teams regardless of rule set
Don’t be so quick on that. Back then you had smaller rosters. Players had to be able to play 3 downs on whichever side of the ball they were on. Situational substitution and players specializing in certain downs and distance wasn’t possible. Many of today’s pass rushers would find themselves having to play on running down and vice versa. Receivers had to be able to block downfield. Very different from today.

Don’t be so quick on that. Back then you had smaller rosters. Players had to be able to play 3 downs on whichever side of the ball they were on. Situational substitution and players specializing in certain downs and distance wasn’t possible. Many of today’s pass rushers would find themselves having to play on running down and vice versa. Receivers had to be able to block downfield. Very different from today.
Too small and too slow on both sides of the ball.

No. The reason it’s more popular is because teams in worthless markets like Cincinnati, Seattle, New England, etc… can now be competitive… not because they got better but because the teams that used to dominate are no longer allowed to outspend them.
LOL. Sure bud.

So, after trading away two of their only decent players, signaling they’ve given up on the season, Washington comes out like they want to try to best Nee England? Is Ron Rivera so incompetent he’d can’t even coach a kiss?

Maybe I spoke too soon.

Well, it’s finally started. Ron Rivera was relieved of his duties as Head Coach this morning after an embarrassing final week loss to the Cowboys.

We’ll have to see where things go from here. They have the #2 pick in the draft, $81 million plus for free agency and a brand new ownership group that supposedly wants to win.

Josh Garris, magic, et al… I’ll give you a mulligan in this season, considering the timing of things, but from here on out it’s ALL ON YOU.

Forum List

Back