Seahawks SUCK !!!!

Quarterbacks who are not mobile will have a hard time winning the SuperBowl. Defensive linemen and linebackers are too big, too fast.... look at what Seattle did to Manning in the SuperBowl.

Only 2 of the past 5 Super Bowl winning quarterbacks are what I might describe as mobile, Wilson and Aaron Rogers. The other 3 are Drew Brees, Eli Manning and Joe Flacco.

While mobile quarterbacks have gained popularity in the past couple of years, it's not as though there has been a sudden paradigm shift at the QB position.

Quarterbacks who are not mobile will have a hard time winning the SuperBowl. Defensive linemen and linebackers are too big, too fast.... look at what Seattle did to Manning in the SuperBowl.

yeah the pats and donkey fans are too biased to be objective about that so they never bother to consider those facts.on that note,antiquity and huggy,since you both understand that,like you said before Hug,tony gonzalez obviously suffered one too many concussions while still playing for the hawks the fact that he is picking the donkeys to win the superbowl despite how they got blown out last year by the hawks,actually believing the off season changes they made and the return of their starting left tackle will make a difference.:cuckoo:

Randy Moss is saying he thinks the patriots will win it all.:lmao:wouldnt you both agree that Moss is smoking weed again?:lmao::lmao::lol:

Brady was once a great quarterback but his time has come and passed.They had a chance to win the last two superbowls against the giants but thats only because their defense wasnt near as dominating as the seahawks is.They will be in the superbowl only because the AFC is so weak,not because they are a great team.

Once he lines up against the hawks in the superbowl though and takes his first hit against them,like manning wanted to them, he also is going to wish he could go home at that point and leave early.:lmao:

the last time they played them two years ago up in seattle,they almost beat them back then but the hawks have aquired so many impact players since then they didnt have back then such as Percy Harvin and Michael cant remember his name but the one they signed to a four year contract in the off season from buffalo a year ago,he led them in tackles.

Not to mention Wilson at that time was in his very first year playing with handcuffs on at that point and is by far much better than he was back then.when that patriot defense has to face his scrambling abilitys,forget it,they'll be toast.:lol:

Only 2 of the past 5 Super Bowl winning quarterbacks are what I might describe as mobile, Wilson and Aaron Rogers. The other 3 are Drew Brees, Eli Manning and Joe Flacco.

While mobile quarterbacks have gained popularity in the past couple of years, it's not as though there has been a sudden paradigm shift at the QB position.

You really have to count Kaepernick also. He did make it to a super bowl and was one play away from winning it that would make the MAJORITY of the last 5 mobil.

You really have to count Kaepernick also. He did make it to a super bowl and was one play away from winning it that would make the MAJORITY of the last 5 mobil.

I can't count Kaepernick because I said Super Bowl winners, sadly. Flacco is not a mobile quarterback. Hell, Rogers isn't mobile in the sense of being a 'running' quarterback as Kap, Newton, Wilson and RGIII are considered.

Having Wilson win the SB last year did not somehow show that only mobile QBs can win now. In fact, I don't recall his mobility being a particular factor.

Brady and Peyton Manning have both won Super Bowls in the past 10 years, and neither can run. Brees won, and he can't run. All three of those are the prototypical pocket quarterback; they are, in fact, the gold standard at quarterback in the 2000s. The idea that, suddenly, that type of quarterback cannot win is ludicrous and based on no evidence that I can see.

I can't count Kaepernick because I said Super Bowl winners, sadly. Flacco is not a mobile quarterback. Hell, Rogers isn't mobile in the sense of being a 'running' quarterback as Kap, Newton, Wilson and RGIII are considered.

Having Wilson win the SB last year did not somehow show that only mobile QBs can win now. In fact, I don't recall his mobility being a particular factor.

Brady and Peyton Manning have both won Super Bowls in the past 10 years, and neither can run. Brees won, and he can't run. All three of those are the prototypical pocket quarterback; they are, in fact, the gold standard at quarterback in the 2000s. The idea that, suddenly, that type of quarterback cannot win is ludicrous and based on no evidence that I can see.

I'm not really a fan of predicting a super bowl winning elite type of QB. At that level much more goes into aTEAM winning than just the style of QB.

Defense has a lot to do with winning a super bowl. The quality of the O-Line and how they match up and protect has a lot to do with it.

It is rare that a QB puts his team on his back in that game. Often as in SB 48 it just isn't needed.

The team's receivers have a lot to do with success in the big game also. Seattle could have beaten Pittsburg in 2005 if their receivers hadn't dropped so many passes that were delivered by Matt Hasselback right in their hands.

Also the running game is a big deal in the Super Bowl even if the team passes more than runs the ball. Alexander was an elite if not the premiere RB in 2004 but he fell off in the SB and that cost the Seahawks as well. Lynch only ran for 46 yards in the last SB. BUT it took Denver overloading in run defense to accomplish that low number and set up some very good crossing routes for Seattle that focusing on stopping the run opened up.

Rothlesburger won the 2005 SB and HIS stats were dog shit compared to Hasselback yet he wears the ring and Matt does not.

Last edited:
Caught cheating again. Now that the NFL will enforce defensive holding and the other defensive shenanigans Carrol teaches, I wonder if Seattle will even win 8 games.

Caught cheating again. Now that the NFL will enforce defensive holding and the other defensive shenanigans Carrol teaches, I wonder if Seattle will even win 8 games.

What the hell are you babbling about?

Seattle is leading the preseason in fewest penalties.

In spite of all the excuses why teams have lost to the Seahawks it appears the "big crackdown" has shown that the other teams have had the biggest problem conforming to the rules...not the Hawks.

Adding to the public ignorance and perception is the fact that there are no "new rules" ...just an emphasis to enforce the rules that already exist.

If the official's actions so far in the exhibitions will remain true to form in the regular season it appears that the Seahawks will benefit from the "laying down the law".

You so called experts crack me up.

8-8 ??

I hate to be the one to break it bad to ya Sport but the Santa Clara 49ers have yet to have the number ones score a single TD in the preseason in three outtings.

If I were you I would be seriously concerned about my own team's chances this season.

In spite of on paper the Seahawks having the toughest schedule this season the Hawks have improved to the point that an undefeated season is not out of the question.

I don't think the Hawks will get EVERY lucky bounce this year and that is what it would take for ANY team to have an unblemished record but a 14-2 or 15-1 season isn't unreasonable considering how the 1's have looked so far in the exhibition phase of the 2014 season.

We will learn alot from the home opener against the Packers on September 4th. The Pack is generally believed to be one of the best teams going into this season.

I believe from what I have seen so far this season in the Seahawk's preparation and phenominal ability to move the ball and stop our opponents that the Hawks will blow out the Packers and go 4-0 in the first qtr of the season.

Last edited:
:lmao:

In spite of all the excuses why teams have lost to the Seahawks it appears the "big crackdown" has shown that the other teams have had the biggest problem conforming to the rules...not the Hawks.

Adding to the public ignorance and perception is the fact that there are no "new rules" ...just an emphasis to enforce the rules that already exist.

If the official's actions so far in the exhibitions will remain true to form in the regular season it appears that the Seahawks will benefit from the "laying down the law".

8-8 ??

I hate to be the one to break it bad to ya Sport but the Santa Clara 49ers have yet to have the number ones score a single TD in the preseason in three outtings.

If I were you I would be seriously concerned about my own team's chances this season.

In spite of on paper the Seahawks having the toughest schedule this season the Hawks have improved to the point that an undefeated season is not out of the question.

I don't think the Hawks will get EVERY lucky bounce this year and that is what it would take for ANY team to have an unblemished record but a 14-2 or 15-1 season isn't unreasonable considering how the 1's have looked so far in the exhibition phase of the 2014 season.

We will learn alot from the home opener against the Packers on September 4th. The Pack is generally believed to be one of the best teams going into this season.

I believe from what I have seen so far this season in the Seahawk's preparation and phenominal ability to move the ball and stop our opponents that the Hawks will blow out the Packers and go 4-0 in the first qtr of the season.

yeah makes you wonder what in hell he IS babbling about.:cuckoo:

Must be a 49er fan.:lmao: thats the team that will be lucky if they go 8-8.:lmao::rolleyes-41::rolleyes-41: yeah the fact that this is just the preseason games and the seahawks have had so few penaltys, he needs to get his head out of his ass.:lmao:Like you said,he is totally cluless.when I heard the announcers of the seahawks games say the NFL has new rules of not touching a defender beyond 5 yards,i said the same thing back then-what the hell is he talking about,new rules? those rules have always been in place forever,they just have never enforced them is all you fool.thats what i was saying to the announcer.lol.

I bet if we looked through his posts from last january he was one of those blind sheep who thought the donkeys would win the superbowl as well.:biggrin:

these announcers can be as ignorant as he is.

has he never followed NFL football in his life or something?:lmao:

as far as his rambling about carrol cheating,I think he is referring to how the NFL fined him $30,000 recently for having his team participate in contact drills in practice during preseason games.

I would HARDLY call that cheating though.:lmao: Thats a pretty stupid asinine rule.The regular season is just around the corner and carrol was just getting his team ready for the opener by doing that.:rolleyes-41:

I could understand that kind of rule being in place during the summer time during mini and training camp but PRESEASON? come on,get serious. I would say carrol was smart by doing that.

He put the team ahead of himself not worrying about the stupid fine they were going to throw at him because he badly wants to win another superbowl for Paul Allen and the city of seattle so screw the asinine rules of the NFL.

at this point of the season if you cant have contact drills,then its time to put skirts on all the players and play flag football.:rolleyes-41:

Half the time I dont obey the rules of wearing a seatbelt like our dictatership society tells us to,i guess in his mind I must be cheating.:rolleyes-41::lmao::lmao:I guess I'm not being a maverick like i thought i was,i must be a cheater.:biggrin:

carrol caught cheating again? Lets see,there is the unproven allegation rumor started by reggie bush because he was sore at carrol over how he was being played with no evidence or facts to back it up,then the last allegation was that he did the belecheat thing and spied on the donkeys drills never considering that there is a thing available to every single player and coach in the NFL called film study,now the latest is he somehow cheated by having his players get in contact drills in a preseason game before the regular season began bypassing an asinine rule of the NFL that any smart logical coach would do to get his team ready for the season opener to defend the superbowl title.

still waiting for proof that he has ever cheated.:biggrin:

I had to laugh my ass off when i saw this opening post about the seahawks that they have a tough road ahead of them opening the season and towards the end.:lmao:

The Super Bowl champions will be taking everyone's best shot in 2014, starting with a trio of tough matchups (Packers, at Chargers, Broncos) to open the season. The Seahawks have a grueling stretch to close out the season as well, with road games at San Francisco, Philadelphia and Arizona in addition to home tilts with the 49ers and Rams.FULL ANALYSIS BY AROUND THE LEAGUE »

opening trio of tough matches being the packers,chargers and donkeys? what crack are they smoking? :biggrin: the packers at the clink? you cant be serious? this isnt the same team from two years ago the packers faced when it was wilsons rookie year and one of his first games of the season.:biggrin: then the chargers on the road,the same team they destroyed recently and were holding things back? they cant be serious?:biggrin: the next opponent the donkeys at home no less is going to be a challenge for them? seriously how much crack has that person beeen smoking?:biggrin: he must think because they lost to them in denver,that the donkeys are all a sudden a much better team now..:biggrin: guess he must not be aware that the donkeys played most their starters in that game in the first half and the seahawks had 19 of their starters left back in seattle for that game and yet the hawks still held them to just 3 points the entire first half.:biggrin:

games against the 49ers? has he not been watching any fo the niner preseason games this year?:biggrin: the LAMBS are going to be tough? even before bradford got hurt,i had to laugh at that thought or mr inconsistant bradford would cause their defense problems.:biggrin:

He then says the eagles are tough as well.never mind nick foles is inconsistant and has never started an entire season before yet somehow they are going to be a tough opponent according to him.:biggrin:

the ONLY one he mentioned that is valid at all as a team that could be tough for them is the road game at arizona.i never in my wild imagination ever thought for a seond they would lose that home game to the cardinals last year so being late in the year,that one i wont dismiss.matter of fact if they lose any games this year,i think that one would be the one because they will have wrapped up homefiled advantage by them and might relax somewhat for that game.

that game is the ONLY one he mentioned where I would say he has a reasonable point.considering any of those other games as being tough matches though,he is clearly smoking crack.:rofl::cuckoo:

Last edited:

8-8 ??

I don't think the Hawks will get EVERY lucky bounce this year and that is what it would take for ANY team to have an unblemished record but a 14-2 or 15-1 season isn't unreasonable considering how the 1's have looked so far in the exhibition phase of the 2014 season

so very true Hug.the year the dolphins went undefeated it was only because they had some very lucky bounces go their way.My uncle told me about that,how he remembered there were a couple games where they just got very lucky in winning.Like in one of them the other team had a 3 point lead late in the game and in the final two minutes the running back got careless and fumbled the ball deep in his own territory while trying to run out the clock giving the ball back to the dolphis who then went on to get the winning touchdown from that.

and when the pats almost did it a few years ago, i remember a game on monday night against the ravens how the ball bounced their way.they were struggling on offense late in the game and the ravens committed some stupid really dumb penalty that was very costly for them.had they not committed it, the ravens would have won that game against them so they got lucky there in having just a regular undefeated season.

"the ONLY one he mentioned that is valid at all as a team that could be tough for them is the road game at arizona.i never in my wild imagination ever thought for a seond they would lose that home game to the cardinals last year so being late in the year,that one i wont dismiss.matter of fact if they lose any games this year,i think that one would be the one because they will have wrapped up homefiled advantage by them and might relax somewhat for that game.
that game is the ONLY one he mentioned where I would say he has a reasonable point.considering any of those other games as being tough matches though,he is clearly smoking crack."

One thing that probably will enter into motivation for games late in the season is the probability that there may be a team or two in the NFC that have great records and are attempting to gain home field advantage. If that is the case there is no way the Hawks let that happen. In 2012 Atlanta had an excellent reg season record of something like 14-2. Houston was recently just as successfull. So you just never know if a team from another division the Hawks don't play will get hot. The only way to gaurantee HFA is to have the best record and tie breakers. THAT is why it is important to beat Green Bay and NY and Washington. They have way easier schedules and could sneak into HFA with a fraction of the difficulty of what the Seahawks face in 2014.

He then says the eagles are tough as well.never mind nick foles is inconsistant and has never started an entire season before yet somehow they are going to be a tough opponent according to him.:biggrin:

The Eagles will be a tough play...Foles is a decent quarterback and any team that has McCoy has to be respected. The Eagles will win the NFC East but get eliminated in the 2nd round.
Any team that was 1st in rushing and 2nd in total points has to be respected. IMO

That is really funny...What does penalties have to do with cheating? Seattle is one of the least penalized teams in the pre-season.

Looks like he has been spending too much time on the pipe.lol.

That is really funny...What does penalties have to do with cheating? Seattle is one of the least penalized teams in the pre-season.

I'm wondering if he was talking about this :
Seattle Seahawks Pete Carroll fined more than 300 000 for violating no-contact rules - ESPN

I'm wondering if he was talking about this :
Seattle Seahawks Pete Carroll fined more than 300 000 for violating no-contact rules - ESPN

Apparently because a similar "infraction" occured in 2012 where it was noted that Seattle had an OTA that "some" contact apparently happened which motivated the NFL to inforce an agreement with/on behalf of the players association to maintain a safe environment .

The NFL seems to have an escalating punishment system regardless of the type of infraction, which to some seems draconian, considering and irregardless of who exactly is responsible for what they deem is unwanted behavior.

There was a "fight" that happened between Sherman and WR Bates which lasted a couple of seconds in one of this summer's OTAs.

There was in the NFL's wisdom some contact in the OTA which led to the "fight".

Somehow it was determined by the NFL that this "contact" was caused by Carroll. OR...at least he was responsible to see that contact did not happen.

This high state of observance for any contact the NFL has taken upon itself as the appointed sherrif in these matters is carried out supposedly in the name of safety which is why the Players association bargained it into their contract.

What is insulting to the Seahawks in this matter is that they are the most safety conscious team in the NFL and the NFL commissioner knows it.

Arguing that the Seahawks organization and Pete Carroll is "cheating" in this regard is rediculous. What is happening is that the NFL is overstepping the intent of their agreement with the Players Association.

The pea brain on this forum that accused the Seattle Seahawks and Carroll of cheating can go f**k himself. If he truly understood the genisis of this NFL decision and still believes the Hawks were attempting to game the system then he is an idiot.

Well.. The Hawks are sucking just as much as they did this time last year.

The temperature is heating up just like last season. Tomorrows game with SD should be in the mid 90's. The only difference will be last season they had to play on the Least Coast with siffeling humidity. Tomorrow the humidity will only be 82%. That's a few percentages lower than it would be in Carolina or Miami with temps in the mid 90's. The Chargers will be wearing their sun reflective whites while the Hawks their sun absorbing dark blues.

SD will enjoy every possible advantage with the exception of the abilities of the players taking the field.

Still ya can't have an undefeated season if ya don't win the tough games as well as the easy ones.

The one bright spot for Seattle in tomorrow's heated football game is that the Chargers will have to play in the same temps and their sunlight reflective unis won't help them with the humdity.

Seahawks 31

Chargers 13

Forum List

Back