School Punishes Boy for Opposing Homosexuality

Why did the teacher feel the need to broadcast his preference for homosexuality in a 9th grade German class?

Kudos to the Python clip.

where do you get that the teacher has a preference, or gives preferential treatment to homosexuality?

From the article.

“There has been a history with this teacher in the class regarding homosexual topics,” Krause said. “The teacher had posted a picture of two men kissing on a wall that offended some of the students.”

Krause said the picture was posted on the teacher’s “world wall.”

“He told the students this is happening all over the world and you need to accept the fact that homosexuality is just part of our culture now,” Krause said.

The school district would not comment on why a teacher was discussing homosexuality in a ninth grade German class.

“In German class there should be no talk of being pro-Gay or homosexual topics,” Krause said.

Read more: Texas School Punishes Boy For Opposing Homosexuality | Fox News

Why did the teacher feel the need to broadcast his preference for homosexuality in a 9th grade German class?

where do you get that the teacher has a preference, or gives preferential treatment to homosexuality?

From the article.

“There has been a history with this teacher in the class regarding homosexual topics,” Krause said. “The teacher had posted a picture of two men kissing on a wall that offended some of the students.”

“He told the students this is happening all over the world and you need to accept the fact that homosexuality is just part of our culture now,” Krause said.

The school district would not comment on why a teacher was discussing homosexuality in a ninth grade German class.

“In German class there should be no talk of being pro-Gay or homosexual topics,” Krause said.

Read more: Texas School Punishes Boy For Opposing Homosexuality | Fox News

preference - dictionary.com

try again. tolerence, even advocating fair and equal treatment and acceptance, does not equate to preference.

From the article.

]from the article "“There has been a history with this teacher in the class regarding homosexual topics,” Krause said. “The teacher had posted a picture of two men kissing on a wall that offended some of the students.”

Matt Krause, an attorney with the Liberty Counsel.

Liberty Counsel is a non-profit public interest law firm and ministry that provides free legal assistance in defense of "Christian religious liberty, the sanctity of human life, and the traditional family."[1] Liberty Counsel is headed by attorney Mathew D. Staver, who founded the legal ministry with his wife, Anita, in 1989 and currently serves as its Chairman. Anita L. Staver, his wife, serves as President of Liberty Counsel. A close partnership exists between Liberty University, which was founded by the Rev. Jerry Falwell, and Liberty Counsel; Staver serves as Liberty University's law school Dean.[1] In 2004, Liberty Counsel became affiliated with Liberty University/Falwell Ministries and Liberty Counsel opened an office at Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia.

Liberty Counsel describes its practice as a First Amendment practice, focused on religious liberties, freedom of speech, church/state issues in public schools and in the public square.

It was founded as Lynchburg Baptist College in 1971 by Jerry Falwell,:lol::lol::lol:

thought it was a touch bias!

Last edited by a moderator:
why did the kid feel the need to broadcast his Christianity and his condemnation of homosexuality?
A little too much dogma from his church, that most likley has homosexuals in it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMx6X26iJ_c]Monty Python The Meaning of Life - "Every Sperm Is Sacred" - YouTube[/ame]

is that what the teacher did. i'd say they were just being fair minded. not allowing someone to be told that something someone else is born is "wrong" isn't showing a preference.

if the bigot said that dark skin is "wrong" and the teacher reacted, would you say that the teacher had a "preference" for dark skin?

in thinking about this issue, you kind of need to step away from your own religious judgments.

and again, the description of what occurred was largely self-reported by the bigot's mom. so i'm going to say there's probably more to the story.

why did the kid feel the need to broadcast his Christianity and his condemnation of homosexuality?
A little too much dogma from his church, that most likley has homosexuals in it.

Monty Python The Meaning of Life - "Every Sperm Is Sacred" - YouTube

is that what the teacher did. i'd say they were just being fair minded. not allowing someone to be told that something someone else is born is "wrong" isn't showing a preference.

if the bigot said that dark skin is "wrong" and the teacher reacted, would you say that the teacher had a "preference" for dark skin?

in thinking about this issue, you kind of need to step away from your own religious judgments.

and again, the description of what occurred was largely self-reported by the bigot's mom. so i'm going to say there's probably more to the story.

The teacher has zero business discussing any type of sexuality in a 9th grade German class. Period. You seem to have no qualms about that.

The boy merely said to his classmate that he thought homosexuality is wrong. So he's not allowed to hold an opinion on it? He must be punished for expressing his disagreement with it? Please. :eusa_hand: The teacher 'reacted'? The kid was punished for expressing his disapproval of homosexuality and you don't have any problem with that?

Once again you bring 'my religious judgments' into a conversation where I never mentioned religion at all (you did the same thing in an abortion thread). You don't know me very well, jillian . . . or are you stereo-typing me ala 'my religion'? Either way, you're wrong.

'Probably' more to the story . . . . . that remains to be seen. I"m going off of what was reported in the article.

The teacher has zero business discussing any type of sexuality in a 9th grade German class. Period. You seem to have no qualms about that.

The boy merely said to his classmate that he thought homosexuality is wrong. So he's not allowed to hold an opinion on it? He must be punished for expressing his disagreement with it? Please. :eusa_hand: The teacher 'reacted'? The kid was punished for expressing his disapproval of homosexuality and you don't have any problem with that?

Once again you bring 'my religious judgments' into a conversation where I never mentioned religion at all (you did the same thing in an abortion thread). You don't know me very well, jillian . . . or are you stereo-typing me ala 'my religion'? Either way, you're wrong.

'Probably' more to the story . . . . . that remains to be seen. I"m going off of what was reported in the article.

So, I googled this story and apparently the teacher did put up a picture of men kissing. So it is pretty amazing this was never complained about.

I also read that the kid was a little more dismissive, or insulting, what have you....in his comment to his teacher.

On one hand, we have a teacher talking about gays.

On the other, we have a kid disrespecting the teacher in class.

:eusa_eh:

So, I googled this story and apparently the teacher did put up a picture of men kissing. So it is pretty amazing this was never complained about.

I also read that the kid was a little more dismissive, or insulting, what have you....in his comment to his teacher.

Do you have a link to support this assertion?

Yeah, google news. Google the kid's name and you'll find all kinds of conflicting stories.

College students have academic freedom. Students in grammar school do not. However, students are allowed to protest certain things if they are not disruptive. It is pretty clear the student was not disruptive and that the class was not the appropriate place for the teacher to bring up the subject of homosexuality. The class was a German language class.

Certainly, there are many things which are legal that many people believe are morally wrong. Examples: Alcohol consumption; smoking; divorce to name three. Why anyone should be 'punished' for stating a moral opinion about a behavior, evn though it may be legal, is beyond me, even in grammar school or middle school. Unless there is more evidence that this boy did something other than state his moral belief, then he was punished inapropriately.

And clearly there was no bullying of other students. Jesus H. Christ. Statements in this thread that there was were out of thin air. :cuckoo:

Yeah, google news. Google the kid's name and you'll find all kinds of conflicting stories.

I'm not your search engine. If you have a link, post it. Otherwise, you are blowing smoke out your ass, IMO.

College students have academic freedom. Students in grammar school do not. However, students are allowed to protest certain things if they are not disruptive. It is pretty clear the student was not disruptive and that the class was not the appropriate place for the teacher to bring up the subject of homosexuality. The class was a German language class.

Certainly, there are many things which are legal that many people believe are morally wrong. Examples: Alcohol consumption; smoking; divorce to name three. Why anyone should be 'punished' for stating a moral opinion about a behavior, evn though it may be legal, is beyond me, even in grammar school or middle school. Unless there is more evidence that this boy did something other than state his moral belief, then he was punished inapropriately.

And clearly there was no bullying of other students. Jesus H. Christ. Statements in this thread that there was were out of thin air. :cuckoo:
You raise some interesting points. Gays are akin to alcohol consumption, smoking and divorce?

I dunno. Maybe we should just outlaw any relationship talk in school. In German class we shouldn't talk about current culture, but teach that Germans once embraced nazism.

Such a puzzle.

I'm not your search engine. If you have a link, post it. Otherwise, you are blowing smoke out your ass, IMO.
And I am not your research monkey. Blow it out your ass.

:)

You're the one who made the assertion. So, since you are unwilling to validate your statement, I will deem your statement to be completely false.

Forum List

Back