School Punishes Boy for Opposing Homosexuality

frankly i am uspet with the school for not sticking to their policies and suspending the kid.

jujst because he plays football and lawyers up doesn't mean the rules don't apply to him.

I sincerely doubt "Teachers can bring up controversial, totally inappropriate and irrelevant topics in class, demand that the students agree with them, and punish those who do not" is an official school policy. And if it is, I would be upset with the school for 1) being such a bunch of oppressive, ignorant pricks in the first place, and 2) not recognizing it when they're publicly embarrassed by it and making appropriate changes. I am, however, not the least bit upset by the fact that YOU embrace and advocate oppressive, bullying, anti-First Amendment behavior . . . so long as it's in favor of making people accept your views. I am not upset about it because I don't really expect trash to ever be anything but trash, so you're pretty much par for the course here.

People, this is Fox News. We don't even know if the story even happened.

Really? Please cite for us any single news story reported by Fox that turned out to be utterly false, involving events that never happened.

It's not like we're talking about CBS News here, or the NY Times, after all.

And frankly, having a stupid bitch like you insisting Fox News can't be trusted just makes me MORE inclined to take every word they say at face value, because anything you LIKE is obviously utter bullshit.

why did the kid feel the need to broadcast his Christianity and his condemnation of homosexuality?
A little too much dogma from his church, that most likley has homosexuals in it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMx6X26iJ_c]Monty Python The Meaning of Life - "Every Sperm Is Sacred" - YouTube[/ame]

Who was "broadcasting", shit stain? Did you even bother to read the story before commenting on it, or did you just figure your "towering liberal morality" ensured that you already knew everything about it that there was to know?

The boy made the remark to his friend sitting next to him, and the teacher - who WAS broadcasting his beliefs to the entire class inappropriately - overheard it and decided to get his Speedo in an uproar.

A little too much dogma from the First Church of Bumpunching, if you ask me.

Why did the teacher feel the need to broadcast his preference for homosexuality in a 9th grade German class?

Kudos to the Python clip.
where did the teacher do that ?not in the clip..

Uh, didn't you read the article?

The clip had nothing to do with my response about the teacher . . . I just love Python. lol

Of course he didn't read the article. He just went straight for his liberal talking points: Gays are always good, Christians are always bad, all Christians bully and harass all gays with hate speech at the drop of a hat, all teachers are automatically unsung and unappreciated heroes.

Actually reading the article might lead to free thinking, and we can't have that. Besides, I'm not entirely sure he CAN read.

where do you get that the teacher has a preference, or gives preferential treatment to homosexuality?

From the article.

“There has been a history with this teacher in the class regarding homosexual topics,” Krause said. “The teacher had posted a picture of two men kissing on a wall that offended some of the students.”

Krause said the picture was posted on the teacher’s “world wall.”

“He told the students this is happening all over the world and you need to accept the fact that homosexuality is just part of our culture now,” Krause said.

The school district would not comment on why a teacher was discussing homosexuality in a ninth grade German class.

“In German class there should be no talk of being pro-Gay or homosexual topics,” Krause said.

Read more: Texas School Punishes Boy For Opposing Homosexuality | Fox News

preference - dictionary.com

try again. tolerence, even advocating fair and equal treatment and acceptance, does not equate to preference.

Try again. Just because you, in your infinite wisdom, have determined and decreed that everyone should view this subject the way you do does NOT mean that disagreeing with you equals "intolerance". Furthermore, when you are babbling about homosexuality in 9th-grade German class, you have gone waaaaay over the line into expressing a preference.

Unless, of course, you can tell me what possible relevance rump-wrangling has to teaching students to speak German. I took a foreign language in high school, and I don't recall sexual orientation ever coming up at all, much less being an integral part of the process.

Oh, by the way, "tolerance" and "acceptance" are not synonyms. I'm perfectly capable of tolerating your right to exist and be an utter, kneejerk liberal dumbfuck without having to believe that it's a good thing, or "just an alterative" to being an intelligent, free-thinking advocate of free speech.

why did the kid feel the need to broadcast his Christianity and his condemnation of homosexuality?
A little too much dogma from his church, that most likley has homosexuals in it.

Monty Python The Meaning of Life - "Every Sperm Is Sacred" - YouTube

Why did the teacher feel the need to broadcast his preference for homosexuality in a 9th grade German class?

Kudos to the Python clip.

is that what the teacher did. i'd say they were just being fair minded. not allowing someone to be told that something someone else is born is "wrong" isn't showing a preference.

Actually, yes, it is. When you are allowing someone ELSE to use the bully pulpit of the teaching position to tell students that their beliefs are wrong and they should "just accept" something else, then it most certainly IS "showing a preference" to say that THAT opinion is the only one that can be expressed openly.

if the bigot said that dark skin is "wrong" and the teacher reacted, would you say that the teacher had a "preference" for dark skin?

Irrelevant. Homosexuality is not a race, and lying bigots like you don't get to define the parameters of debate for the rest of us, no matter HOW many times you shout your garbage into the world.

in thinking about this issue, you kind of need to step away from your own religious judgments.

Right back atcha. Anytime you'd like to tell yourself, "Hmm, I should leave my religious bigotry at the door, and consider that it's NOT always okay to silence Christians just because I have an unthinking hatred of them", it would be quite a blow for freedom of speech in America.

and again, the description of what occurred was largely self-reported by the bigot's mom. so i'm going to say there's probably more to the story.

And again, the objections about what occurred are totally presented by you and other bigots, with no substantiation (BIG shock), so I'm going to say you probably just WISH there was more to the story.

Yeah, google news. Google the kid's name and you'll find all kinds of conflicting stories.

I'm not your search engine. If you have a link, post it. Otherwise, you are blowing smoke out your ass, IMO.

she just told you there are conflicting stories.

that a problem for you?

Really? Ravi told us something with no substantiation that it's true, and you want to know if there's a problem with taking Ravi's word for something? :eusa_hand:

If Ravi told me the sky was blue, I'd want to see independent documentation before I'd accept it.

Anyway, I think the teacher is guilty of acting gay. Which is forbidden in our society. And I think the kid is guilty of being a disrespectful student, which is apparently okay and something to sue over if you get called on it.

But that is simply my opinion, formed from reading various online news articles about the incident.

I'm not your search engine. If you have a link, post it. Otherwise, you are blowing smoke out your ass, IMO.

she just told you there are conflicting stories.

that a problem for you?

Really? Ravi told us something with no substantiation that it's true, and you want to know if there's a problem with taking Ravi's word for something? :eusa_hand:

If Ravi told me the sky was blue, I'd want to see independent documentation before I'd accept it.

But but but....

Ravi would never lie, spin, twist, or mislead in any way. :eusa_whistle:

Anyway, I think the teacher is guilty of acting gay. Which is forbidden in our society. And I think the kid is guilty of being a disrespectful student, which is apparently okay and something to sue over if you get called on it.

But that is simply my opinion, formed from reading various online news articles about the incident.
"Various articles", so you say.

For those who don't see anything wrong with the kid getting punished for expressing his opinion . . .

If the teacher had been a KKK member, put up a pic of some hooded KKK members, threw positive comments out about the KKK in class and this kid turned around and told his classmate that he disapproved of the KKK because he thought it was wrong and subsequently got punished for saying such, what would your reaction be?

Mine would be exactly the same as it is for the kid expressing his disapproval of homosexuality. It isn't the subject matter that's the controversy here (well, it is on the teacher's end) but the fact that this kid got punished for expressing/voicing his opinion.

For those who don't see anything wrong with the kid getting punished for expressing his opinion . . .

If the teacher had been a KKK member, put up a pic of some hooded KKK members, threw positive comments out about the KKK in class and this kid turned around and told his classmate that he disapproved of the KKK because he thought it was wrong and subsequently got punished for saying such, what would your reaction be?

Mine would be exactly the same as it is for the kid expressing his disapproval of homosexuality. It isn't the subject matter that's the controversy here (well, it is on the teacher's end) but the fact that this kid got punished for expressing/voicing his opinion.

Exactly! I was once punished for expressing the opinion that the teacher was a dimwitted fucking asshole. That was so unfair.

I'm having a difficult time with equating gays with the KKK.

Yes, it does sound like the teacher was too gay friendly since being gay friendly is forbidden in school. But it also sounds like the kid was disrespectful of his teacher. IMO, they are both in the wrong.

Exactly! I was once punished for expressing the opinion that the teacher was a dimwitted fucking asshole. That was so unfair.

You should be yanked by your hair out of the classroom if you called the teacher a dimwitted fucking asshole.

If you expressed your disagreement on a particular topic you shouldn't be punished for it.

Forum List

Back