Report: Up to 44m more uninsured under GOP budget

Easy fix. Sorry doctors you will now charge HALF of what you normally do. Insurance companies? You will now reduce your profit by half. Now the costs go down. Done.

Easy fix. Sorry doctors you will now charge HALF of what you normally do. Insurance companies? You will now reduce your profit by half. Now the costs go down. Done.

Well I admire your fortitude... But that's a little on the shallow side. What about Med/Tech? (The folks that make MRI machines and the like)

Pharmaceutical Companies?

We are talking a lot of R&D investment between the two.

I think a huge part of the problem is Those entities want to sell globally and subsidize Nationally. I mean, if Conservatives(and I am not calling you one) want to really ask..."why should I have to pay", that would be a great place to start.

because you go above or below our border? You can get the same medications for a mere fraction of what we(and/or our insurance companies) pay. Why should our citizens subsidize other countries?

It's getting to the point that cost should be distributed equally across the globe. THEN, subsidize the poorest countries with a Global pool, not a United States Driven one.

Ahhhh no politician from either party is willing to call out big pharma and big insurance. Until we stick it to those two plutocratic entities we will never get anywhere. Another total truth called out by me about this once great nation.

Ahhhh no politician from either party is willing to call out big pharma and big insurance. Until we stick it to those two plutocratic entities we will never get anywhere. Another total truth called out by me about this once great nation.
Which liberoidal who weeps and wails about the expense of medical care, is willing to pare back the powers of or outright junk the corporate protection racket known as the FDA?

Anyone?

Beuller?

I'll tell you what Oddball. When we stop the snake oil salesmen from making big profits off of ripoff obesity cures, age defying creams and the like that aren't even REMOTELY FDA approved? I will vote for taking ONE of the two handcuffs that the FDA puts on Pharma.

Look. It isn't tho Governments responsibility to be funding everyone. We've become a dependent society and that is something we have to break away from. It will be painful but it has to be done.

The government isn’t ‘funding’ anyone.

Private insurance is the worst way to provide healthcare – insurance companies are in the business to make money, not provide healthcare; indeed, any claim paid is considered an aberration.

The only way to efficiently and effectively provide healthcare is via a single-payer program. Those concerned about the quality of the program and can afford it may purchase supplemental private insurance, the original intent of health insurance.

What right-wing reactionary ideologues need to realize is it’s not 1823 anymore – doctors don’t get paid with eggs and fruit preserves.

Yeah, private insurance is bad because there's no competition and without competition no one has to work to keep your business or make sure you're happy so you don't take your business somewhere else. Supplemental healthcare insurance is great because government likes competition and private industry loves competing with government because government can't write laws that favor government or use an endless supply of taxpayer funds to make government more competitive.

At least with a single payer system you can take your business to some other company that will treat you better if you're not happy. Also, with a single payer you can use the media to shame them into doing the right thing. It's always good to have a court of appeals. I mean, what if the government was the only supplier and they refused your treatment? Good thing rationing doesn't exist with government supplied healthcare.

No, wait......wth?

Great. Let's chase doctors from the profession when there's a massive shortage of doctors.

The average net income of a healthcare insurance company is about 3%. Just think of all the savings we'll have when we dictate that their net income can only be half that.

Now think of all the investors who will run from healthcare companies and the financial havoc that fact will wreak on the industry. Oh, I get it now. Follow this formula and all healthcare will be provided by the government......by default. It's a great plan......for economic illiterates.

You want to stick it to Big (that must mean "bad") Pharma? Why, because 90% of all new drugs are discovered in the USA and you want to reduce that to zero new drug discoveries at a time when we're facing an onslaught of diseases that don't respond to existing medicines? How magnanimous of you.

I'm sure your reasons for sticking it to "Big Insurance" are just as benevolent.

Some people shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Report: Up to 44m more uninsured under GOP budget - Yahoo! News

Of course they have no solution for what to do for those potentially uninsured 44 million, I got it, they're going to blame them, Democrats and Obama for it despite it being a bill they crafted and voted for......if it were to pass. The findings were from nonpartisan sources so Republitards wanting to play that card get some toilet paper and wipe your buttholes.

Bass I recall some Amerians will not be covered under obamacare I think the number was 20 million.

Doesn't matter really, hospitals/doctors are obligated to treat you...

The problems with our health care are more simplistic than most may think..

Well...there might be one benefit to that...

It might serve to hold down the rising cost of health care.

Of course it will probably drive up the cost of coffins.

Of course they have no solution for what to do for those potentially uninsured 44 million, I got it, they're going to blame them, Democrats and Obama for it despite it being a bill they crafted and voted for......if it were to pass. The findings were from nonpartisan sources so Republitards wanting to play that card get some toilet paper and wipe your buttholes.

The GOP is only concerned about the health of the Health Insurance Companies. They give not a damn about the health of the American Citizen.

Time to do away with the Health Insurance Companies. Time for a single payer universal health care system.

Japan pays between 1/3 and 1/2 per capita of what we do for health care. Their results are far better than ours, both in longevity and infant mortality. And they cover all of their citizens.

We, on the other hand, have the most expensive health care in the world, do not cover 1/6 of our citizens, and have third world statistics in longevity and infant mortality.

Well I admire your fortitude... But that's a little on the shallow side. What about Med/Tech? (The folks that make MRI machines and the like)

Pharmaceutical Companies?

We are talking a lot of R&D investment between the two.

I think a huge part of the problem is Those entities want to sell globally and subsidize Nationally. I mean, if Conservatives(and I am not calling you one) want to really ask..."why should I have to pay", that would be a great place to start.

because you go above or below our border? You can get the same medications for a mere fraction of what we(and/or our insurance companies) pay. Why should our citizens subsidize other countries?

It's getting to the point that cost should be distributed equally across the globe. THEN, subsidize the poorest countries with a Global pool, not a United States Driven one.

Dont forget the Universities. Apparently he thinks it doesn't cost anything to you know, provide healthcare.

Sounds like a really good start to me. Next on the agenda: increase taxes on the POOR and cut taxes for the RICH. WOOHOO!!!

Republicans call that a roadmap to "success".

Anyone ever explain to you that it is not the responsibility nor the job of the Federal Government to insure people? That is your job as a responsible American citizen to take care of yourself.

Forum List

Back