Report: Israel Stole $2B from Palestinian Workers

Oslo was a lose-lose for the Pals from the get-go..

Anybody with half a brain knows this. You, not having one, would not know that. Pleased to inform you...

How would getting 98% of what they asked for be a lose-lose for them?

Because the Israeli's were never going to leave the WB or give up East Jerusalem...They knew that the Pals, in the long run, would find that unacceptable...

Why should they have East Jerusalem? Other than the fact that they want it?

I don't agree re the West Bank. I think that always would have been turned over. And had they not perceived the return of Gaza as weakness and used the returned land as a staging area for missile attacks, I suspect they would have gotten a lot more, a lot quicker.

Thing with the West Bank is you have to ride along it to get to the Dead Sea and Masada. Can't trust safe passage to people who toss missiles at you.

I don't agree re the West Bank. I think that always would have been turned over. And had they not perceived the return of Gaza as weakness and used the returned land as a staging area for missile attacks, I suspect they would have gotten a lot more, a lot quicker.

Thing with the West Bank is you have to ride along it to get to the Dead Sea and Masada. Can't trust safe passage to people who toss missiles at you.

Part of the original 1948 agreement was for the Pals to have East Jerusalem..

I think there is a fallacy that all these Pals are bomb throwers...they are not. It is a small minority

I think there is a fallacy that all these Pals are bomb throwers...they are not. It is a small minority

and on what planet does a nation violate such an agreement by waging war and attacking the other party NOT result in a loss of what was in the agreement?

They attacked Israel how many times? And still want a do-over? I'm all for a two-state solution, but the things they could have had in 1948 went by the wayside as far as I'm concerned when they rejected it.

I don't think those numbers are right...

Just looking at the UN - there are 192 member states, of which only 20 member states (and one non-member state) do not recognize Israel. That means at least 172 do. Palestine is recognized by 94 member states since 1988.

yeah, but he's a compulsive liar.

thanks for the correction.

won't make a difference, though. next week he'll repeat the same lie on another thread and hope you don't see it.

The numbers were wrong but here's what surprised me: I had pretty much assumed most recognized Israel - but 94 states (almost half of the body) recognize Palestine. That's not an insignificant number. And that rather flies in the face of those who decry there is no such thing as Palestine.

Of the UN members who do not recognize Israel as a state (from Wikipedia):

Afghanistan,[12] Algeria,[13] Bahrain,[14] Bangladesh,[15] Chad,[16] Cuba, Indonesia, Iran,[17] Iraq,[18] Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya,[19] Malaysia, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, United Arab Emirates[20] and Yemen. Not surprising.

What is interesting is there are a number of Arab countries who do recognize Israel: Egypt, Jordan, Oman, Turkey (though not really Arab).

I don't think those numbers are right...

Just looking at the UN - there are 192 member states, of which only 20 member states (and one non-member state) do not recognize Israel. That means at least 172 do. Palestine is recognized by 94 member states since 1988.

won't make a difference, though. next week he'll repeat the same lie on another thread and hope you don't see it.

The numbers were wrong but here's what surprised me: I had pretty much assumed most recognized Israel - but 94 states (almost half of the body) recognize Palestine. That's not an insignificant number. And that rather flies in the face of those who decry there is no such thing as Palestine.

Afghanistan,[12] Algeria,[13] Bahrain,[14] Bangladesh,[15] Chad,[16] Cuba, Indonesia, Iran,[17] Iraq,[18] Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya,[19] Malaysia, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, United Arab Emirates[20] and Yemen. Not surprising.

What is interesting is there are a number of Arab countries who do recognize Israel: Egypt, Jordan, Oman, Turkey (though not really Arab).

IT shouldn't surprise you. The countries that recognize "palestine" are either muslim or allied with muslim countries. I also think most of us would like to see two peaceful states. It's the logistics of it that's difficult.

I think that the fact that Egypt Jordan Oman and Turkey have good relations with Israel speaks to Israel's willingness to make peace when there's an honest broker.

Stupid, the Pallies have no rights under UN Res. 181, having violated it and the UN Charter in launching a war against the Jews.

Go sit in a corner, dunce.

Stupid, the Pallies have no rights under UN Res. 181, having violated it and the UN Charter in launching a war against the Jews.

you need to learn the difference between people who are your enemies and people who want to be fair but may not agree with you.

or don't you realize you alienate people who could be allies when you do that?

you need to learn the difference between people who are your enemies and people who want to be fair but may not agree with you.

J, he's 10 times worse than Rabbi. He's part of the problem, not the solution....the sooner Neanderthals like him are marginalised the better. Maybe a member of his family or close friend was a victim of a Pal rocket. Who knows. One of the most hate-filled posters on here at the moment. Unless it's Dev yet again taking the piss...

IT shouldn't surprise you. The countries that recognize "palestine" are either muslim or allied with muslim countries. I also think most of us would like to see two peaceful states. It's the logistics of it that's difficult.

Not really - and, I'm actually not sure about numbers because this wikipedia source has 110 states (so is it 94 or 110?) - either way, a good number: Foreign relations of the Palestinian National Authority - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Many countries - almost all have some alliances with a muslim country, it is enevitable but I don't think that is why many of these recognize Palestine. I think they do for the same reason you state: most of us would like to see two peaceful states. It's basic human justice.

I think that the fact that Egypt Jordan Oman and Turkey have good relations with Israel speaks to Israel's willingness to make peace when there's an honest broker.
[/quote]

Yes, and it speaks well of those Arab countries to be willing to lay down arms and make peace despite the unresolved issue of the Palestinians. It offers some hope....

but as you say, the logistics are not easy.

J, he's 10 times worse than Rabbi. He's part of the problem, not the solution....the sooner Neanderthals like him are marginalised the better. Maybe a member of his family or close friend was a victim of a Pal rocket. Who knows. One of the most hate-filled posters on here at the moment. Unless it's Dev yet again taking the piss...

Shithead, when you have one correct thought, we'll send up a flare.

You need to read up.

You need to read up.

you tell him, Adolf. You tell him.

You need to read up.

LOL. Your head is filled with sawdust.

....the sooner Neanderthals like him are marginalised the better. Maybe a member of his family or close friend was a victim of a Pal rocket. Who knows. One of the most hate-filled posters on here at the moment. Unless it's Dev yet again taking the piss...

Shithead, when you have one correct thought, we'll send up a flare.

Not a good idea. You'll end up igniting all that methane you emit.

Forum List

Back