4)
James_Madison.jpg

3)
a_teddy_roosevelt.jpg

2)
250px-Thomas_Jefferson_by_Rembrandt_Peale_1800.jpg

1)
abraham-lincoln-625.jpg

1. George Washington - A man who could have been king..but kept it Presidential.
2. Franklin Roosevelt - A visonary that took out the Nazis, ended the depression, and brought the United States to being the top notch industrialized nation that it is today.
3. Dwight Eisenhower - A pragmatist that oversaw the nations prosperity and built a modern interstate highway.
4. Bill Clinton - Ushered in the telecommunications revolution and revived the US economy.

"A man who could have been king..but kept it Presidential"

that's actually a myth. there was enormous political pressure on him to not aspire to royalty

"A man who could have been king..but kept it Presidential"

that's actually a myth. there was enormous political pressure on him to not aspire to royalty

Don't know about that. He was a federalist and had no problem calling out the army to suppress rebellion. But he also seemed like a modest person. Nothing I've read about him suggests otherwise.

Washinton; all the traditions of the office came from him. Plus he had to make it up as he went.
Lincoln; Even though he set the ground work to kill states rights. The man was a class act. If 1/2 of what I have read and heard about how he treated people, he would still be a great man.
Reagan; Brought back prosperity and pride in country.
Jefferson; He was a ruthless man, but he is still the only one to ever rid the country of debt
teddy Roosevelt; I liked his attitude.

1.Lincoln-Saved the U.S., anti-slavery pioneer, martyr.

2.Reagan-Helped save the U.S. and world from Soviet Communism, revived economy, restored America's and the GOP's faith in itself.

3.Truman-Won WW2 for us, made the most difficult decision ANY U.S. President had to or will have to make (USING WMDS), policies are center-right compared the Dems of today.

4.GWB-FREED 50 MILLION PEOPLE from Islamofascism while sewing the seeds of democracy/republican government in the darkest part of the world. Historic AIDS relief, 1 of the most ethnically diverse admins. ever.

Yall Bush Derangement Syndrome lefties can chew on #4 long and hard, cuz I couldn't mean it more.

Grover Cleveland and Andrew Jackson.
Jacksons fuck up was the trail of tears.......which took out many of my ancestors. He had balls but, like all US pResidents, was a chicken shit whore for the money men.

Teddy Roosevelt was OK.....for a fucking murdering thief. i often wonder if his real name wasn't Rosenberger ?
I liked the national park system he was the main engineer of.

The rest ?
Kill the fuckers and their entire extended families.

1) Abraham Lincoln
2) Franklin Delano Roosevelt
3) George Washington
4) Teddy Roosevelt
5) Bill Clinton
6) John Fitzgerald Kennedy
7) Dwight Eisenhower
8) Thomas Jefferson
9) Woodrow Wilson
10) Barack Obama

Can't believe John Adams isn't on anyone's list yet. Although his Presidency may have not had been the best in terms of historic accomplishments, he was one of the most principled men to occupy the office.

Can't believe John Adams isn't on anyone's list yet. Although his Presidency may have not had been the best in terms of historic accomplishments, he was one of the most principled men to occupy the office.

The Alien & Sedition Acts ruin his legacy.

Washington should be 1 on everyone's list. What he and Henry Know did along with the constitutional army to march through hellacious conditions without shoes, in the snow, below freezing temps, fording freezing streams, feet bleeding as they marched on to Trenton to rout the Reds, Hessians was nothing short of miraculous. That awesome moment in our short history brings chills to my spine.

Washington should be 1 on everyone's list. What he and Henry Know did along with the constitutional army to march through hellacious conditions without shoes, in the snow, below freezing temps, fording freezing streams, feet bleeding as they marched on to Trenton to rout the Reds, Hessians was nothing short of miraculous. That awesome moment in our short history brings chills to my spine.

Yes, very heroic indeed, BUT HE WASN'T PRESIDENT when he accomplished this. So we can't really factor that in.

And yet we're supposed to be rating these men as Presidents, not what they did before or after.

His refusal to go to war despite Hamilton, Pickering, and the pressure from the other War Federalists makes him top notch quality in my book. Yes, TJ allowed the Acts to die or be repealed, but he went after sitting judges through impeachment: strictly political retaliation and quite desperate.

Last edited:

His refusal to go to war despite Hamilton, Pickering, and the pressure from the other War Federalists makes him top notch my book. Yes, TJ allowed the Acts to die or be repealed, but he went after sitting judges through impeachment: strictly political retaliation and quite desperate.

Not going to war with France was probably his best decision as President, but let's not forget that he contributed to the anti-French propaganda as much as anyone. Walking around with a sword comes to mind. But as I said, Adams signing the Alien and Sedition Acts disqualify him from being considered as one of the greatest Presidents. As for Thomas Jefferson, his Presidency was really one of the most unfortunate Presidencies. He essentially turned his back on the principles he held before and after his Presidency during his term.

Forum List

Back