Poll: Would you prefered to have been aborted?

Would you have prefered to have been aborted?

• Total voters
It's a great show. Watch it sometime. Very funny too! :lol:

Big families are part of the past, and it is probably a good thing, with today's economy. But there is nothing like being from a large family, trust me, I come from one too, and love it. :eusa_angel:

I know. It was fantastic having all those great-aunts/uncles and regular aunts and uncles. But like you say, it was a different time. My granddad owned a subsistance farm and needed a big family. My moms dad was a Pennsylvania coal-miner.

You know me, I try anything I can. ;)

But you make a good point about women deciding it's better not to bear a child. And when they do that, it often means that at a later point in their life they do chose to bear a children. A choice they might not have if they go through with first pregnancy.
A member of my family chose to abort the first time she became pregnant. She then later went on to have two children. Her intention had always been to have two kids and then no more. Imagine if she had gone through with the first pregnancy? Her second child would never have been born. And maybe not even her first. That would have been a terrible shame as they are both great kids.
Yes, men (and some women) playing God by trying to make a biological choice for another person is just wrong. Methinks it's the creationist mentality, though. People fool themselves into thinking people are above nature.

heh, if you didn't understand that I'll try it another day.

I found it sad that RGS voted to be aborted.

Would you prefered to have been aborted?

Only when I think about people who snivel, whine, beg, and plead for government to take control of our bodies in order to "save" us. If that doesn't give someone a desire to be aborted nothing will...

I voted yes

If I had been aborted these are the experiences I would've missed:

• watching my father beat my mother for 18 years
  • molested by both my grandfather and my uncle
  • relentlessly beaten and humiliated by two older sibilings
  • married to a man who cheated on me, punched me in the face, and stole my money
  • watching my mother die of cancer
  • watching the man who loved me like a REAL grandfather should die of cancer
  • being personal witness to my best friend in 7th grade get hit by a car and killed

and that's the short list

am I happy to be alive? well since I had no choice in the matter I've made the best of the situations I've found myself in. If I had a choice I wouldn't choose to live the life I've lived, no matter how it turned out in the end.

I love my daughter and she's brought me pure joy but that doesn't erase the pain I live with every day from the things I've been through.

and Miss, your question isn't black and white and neither is the issue of abortion.

Last edited:
Only when I think about people who snivel, whine, beg, and plead for government to take control of our bodies in order to "save" us. If that doesn't give someone a desire to be aborted nothing will...

Well then, stop thinking about those people. Problem solved.

uh--I don't think anyone is worried about saving you. You can take care of yourself.

I voted yes

• married to a man who cheated on me, punched me in the face, and stole my money
  • being personal witness to my best friend in 7th grade get hit by a car and killed

am I happy to be alive? well since I had no choice in the matter I've made the best of the situations I've found myself in. If I had a choice I wouldn't choose to live the life I've lived, no matter how it turned out in the end.

I love my daughter and she's brought me pure joy but that doesn't erase the pain I live with every day from the things I've been through.

and Miss, your question isn't black and white and neither is the issue of abortion.

Bullshit----you kill a fetus or you don't. Ask Anguille--she was one once.

I voted yes

that's enough to make me cry....:( and count my blessings at the same time...

i'm sorry you've had to go through so much....

care

Bullshit----you kill a fetus or you don't. Ask Anguille--she was one once.

you're calling bullshit on ME saying I'd rather have been aborted than live through the things I've lived through? are you shitting me dillo? I don't neg rep people out of spite but you are a prick for sure.

Wow! That's a lot for one lifetime, for sure!

and to give you some idea, I turn 40 next month so I'm not even that old. All of that happened before I was 21 except the marriage.

Therapy works wonders on a damaged soul.:eusa_angel:

Last edited:
I voted yes

am I happy to be alive? well since I had no choice in the matter I've made the best of the situations I've found myself in.

I'm sorry you have experienced so much pain in your life. Really I do.

But from what I have seen on this board, you have so much to contribute, And the ability and inclination and heart to help those in a similar situation.

You give intelligent responses to tough questions.

The world would be diminished if you were not apart of it.

Look at all the lives you're touching just on this board.

Last edited:
you're calling bullshit on ME saying I'd rather have been aborted than live through the things I've lived through? are you shitting me dillo? I don't neg rep people out of spite but you are a prick for sure.

no I'm not---I'm saying abortion is black and white. You don't get to look at some movie of this whole persons lifetime before you kill it ! You either do it or you don't do it--there's no gray area.

uh--I don't think anyone is worried about saving you. You can take care of yourself.

Well what if I need a kidney transplant? I can't take care of myself then can I? If your kidney is a match isn't it the position of "right to life" that government can force you to give one to me irrespective of your right to control your body? After all, my right supercedes all your other rights correct? Isn't that the position of right to life?

I'm sorry you have experienced so much pain in your life. Really I do.

But from what I have seen on this board, you have so much to contribute, And the ability and inclination and heart to help those in a similar situation.

You give intelligent responses to tough questions.

The world would be diminished if you were not apart of it.

Look at all the lives you're touching just on this board.

Silence . . . I have to agree with him. I've only been on the board a short time, but I already think you're awesome!!!!!

Last edited:
Well what if I need a kidney transplant? I can't take care of myself then can I? If your kidney is a match isn't it the position of "right to life" that government can force you to give one to me irrespective of your right to control your body? After all, my right supercedes all your other rights correct? Isn't that the position of right to life?

Sure--take it--I got two.

seriously tho, people will try to save your life just as they try to save the life of a child. If people could do something as simple as donating a kidney to stop an abortion I bet people would step up !

no I'm not---I'm saying abortion is black and white. You don't get to look at some movie of this whole persons lifetime before you kill it ! You either do it or you don't do it--there's no gray area.

The question wasn't pertaining to a phantom person dillo, the question was would YOU rather have been aborted. That is a gray question because it's not a simple question to answer.

I've lived enough pain in my short lifetime to kill 10 people from misery I'm sure but I'm here because my mother didn't believe in abortion. I was a mistake, she was on the pill when she got pregnant with me and I was the last of her 5 children. We were never close because she said I came out stubborn and knowing right from wrong and how I saw the world which was vastly different than anyone else in my family to be sure.

Would I have been better off not being born? I'd have to say probably yes. Would I have missed this life I've lived? the pain? no I wouldn't. The happiness? yes perhaps but there are times when the pain overshadows the happiness and all that you're left with is an ache so deep and so profound that you just don't think you can take one more breath and honestly, you don't want to.

Did I make my mother proud by turning out the way I did in spite of my circumstances? she said of all her kids I was the one she knew she didn't have to worry about after she died.

Miss, thank you for saying I contribute and the world would be diminished without me. That was very kind of you and yes I have overcome all the obstacles placed before me but I didn't reveal these things about myself to garner sympathy or make anyone feel a certain way. I meant them to illustrate that for SOME women the choice of abortion is a better alternative than bringing a child into a world full of pain and suffering. I wish my mother had been so kind to me (sometimes) *see gray area :eusa_angel: *

Forum List

Back