Poll: Would you prefered to have been aborted?

Would you have prefered to have been aborted?

• Total voters
I appreciate your free choice to save my life but you didn't address the question of whether I can have your kidney irrespective of your choice. The right to life dictates that there is no choice to be made-government makes that for us. Thats the issue that right to lifers continually duck...

Bullshit---you can choose whether or not you have sex. That's where you are supposed to make this choice.

That's cute!!! Really. But fact remains, we were all zygotes, then embryos, then a fetus, and then a baby.

An unborn child can't sustain it's own life until after, at a minimum, the 24th week of pregnancy. Therefore, anything before that is NOT living but merely growing into a life.

Many people cannot sustain there own lives. Should we kill them too?

For the first 5 years at a minimum a baby could not "sustain it's own life", it would starve to death like Terri Schiavo. I guess, using that logic, if they're inconvenient, we could kill them anytime up to kindergarten.

Along with the elderly, the mentally challenged and quadriplegics, to name a few.

Last edited:
Bullshit---you can choose whether or not you have sex. That's where you are supposed to make this choice.

Wow, so what if the 16 year old girl is sexually abused and ends up pregnant? She didn't have a choice. What if a couple of kids have sex and use contraception but it fails (it does happen)? What a woman is told that if she continues with her pregnancy she'll die? Are you telling me the unborn's "life" is more valuable than the pregnant woman's life?

If Roe v. Wade is overturned, there'll be back street abortions and women and young girls will die. But I guess you think that's okay.

That's cute!!! Really. But fact remains, we were all zygotes, then embryos, then a fetus, and then a baby.

An unborn child can't sustain it's own life until after, at a minimum, the 24th week of pregnancy. Therefore, anything before that is NOT living but merely growing into a life.

That's cute too, but the fact remains we were all unborn human beings from the moment of conception, no matter what scientific terms you wish to try and dehumanize us with.

They may come a time when all of your painful experiences will actually become tools you can use to help yourself or others. In FACT IT ALREADY IS with your volunteer work.
You mean in spite of all you anger and grief you were still willing to bring a child into your life ? Look out--your optimism is showing.

dillo, I'm no longer either angry or in grief, I said I've worked through all my past pain through therapy. The question, if you'd stop being so combative is would I have chosen to be aborted? they answer was YES because I wouldn't honestly wish the life I've lived on even my worst enemy.

did my experiences make me a stronger person? well it would seem so but that is hardly the point now is it? there are many who in my same situation go on to become mass murders, drug addicts, prostitutes or all of the above, ruining not only the life their mother so generously bestowed upon them but countless other lives as well.

If Miss had included the option of sometimes I think you'd get a lot of responses in the affirmative because like I said, it's not a black and white, yes or no question.

I guess, using that logic, if they're inconvenient, we could kill them anytime up to kindergarten.

you've clearly never dealt with a 2 year old in the middle of Walmart pitching a temper tantrum....:eek:

Last edited:
Wow, so what if the 16 year old girl is sexually abused and ends up pregnant? She didn't have a choice. What if a couple of kids have sex and use contraception but it fails (it does happen)? What a woman is told that if she continues with her pregnancy she'll die? Are you telling me the unborn's "life" is more valuable than the pregnant woman's life?

If Roe v. Wade is overturned, there'll be back street abortions and women and young girls will die. But I guess you think that's okay.

If Roe v. Wade is overturned it will be up to the states to decide. However horrific, accidental or loving the sex is, if a life is created it should be respected. It is women who wish to play the role of God and pretend it somehow just doesnt' count. Why ? They don't think it's fair.

For the first 5 years at a minimum a baby could not "sustain it's own life", it would starve to death like Terri Schiavo. I guess, using that logic, if they're inconvenient, we could kill them anytime up to kindergarten.

Along with the elderly, the mentally challenged and quadriplegics, to name a few. .

By "sustain it's own life" I meant breathe on it's own. Naturally, if you choose to have a baby you're responsible and you'll take care of your child. And for the record, I also believe in doctor assisted suicide. If I'm ever determined to be terminally ill, have tried everything and nothings worked, and I can't wipe my own ass, I feel it should be my decision to end it. We euthanise pets and don't think anything of it and they can't make the decision. We should have that option.

Forcing women to have babies they don't want just leads to more social problems. Child abuse, child abandonment, more people on welfare, etc.

The bottom line is this: who is any to force their religious and moral beliefs on anyone else especially when it has no affect on them??????

By "sustain it's own life" I meant breathe on it's own. Naturally, if you choose to have a baby you're responsible and you'll take care of your child. And for the record, I also believe in doctor assisted suicide. If I'm ever determined to be terminally ill, have tried everything and nothings worked, and I can't wipe my own ass, I feel it should be my decision to end it. We euthanise pets and don't think anything of it and they can't make the decision. We should have that option.

Forcing women to have babies they don't want just leads to more social problems. Child abuse, child abandonment, more people on welfare, etc.

The bottom line is this: who is any to force their religious and moral beliefs on anyone else especially when it has no affect on them??????

Ask the people who want explicit sex education taught in schools.

Along with the elderly, the mentally challenged and quadriplegics, to name a few.

Actually we kill them all the time. You forget that the US has one of the highest infant mortality rates in the industrialized world, prescription drugs easily gobble up SS, and the reason crazy homeless people are wondering the streets is because there is no funding to keep them in mental institutions. Though, your concern for quadriplegics is very touching. You almost got me with that one...

If Roe v. Wade is overturned it will be up to the states to decide. However horrific, accidental or loving the sex is, if a life is created it should be respected. It is women who wish to play the role of God and pretend it somehow just doesnt' count. Why ? They don't think it's fair.

Aren't you playing the role of God by saying women shouldn't have a choice?

Actually we kill them all the time. You forget that the US has one of the highest infant mortality rates in the industrialized world, prescription drugs easily gobble up SS, and the reason crazy homeless people are wondering the streets is because there is no funding to keep them in mental institutions. Though, your concern for quadriplegics is very touching. You almost got me with that one...

Oh man--homeless ain't dead ! Cmon.

Yep. I guess dilloduck wants the single mom's living in poverty to wait until after they have the baby to kill them. I see it on the news all the time. Mom kills baby. . . . mom's boyfriend kills baby. Some people weren't meant to have kids and better they find that out before the baby is born!!!!!!!

Yep. I guess dilloduck wants the single mom's living in poverty to wait until after they have the baby to kill them. I see it on the news all the time. Mom kills baby. . . . mom's boyfriend kills baby. Some people weren't meant to have kids and better they find that out before the baby is born!!!!!!!

:rofl: oh yes--that is exactly what I was trying to say ! :rolleyes:

Some people weren't meant to have kids and better they find that out before the baby is born!!!!!!!

that one you're going to have to explain to me tho.

If Roe v. Wade is overturned it will be up to the states to decide.

No it won't. If you contention is that abortion is murder then to sanction murder in one state while it is enforced in another would be a clear violation of equal protection. For over turning R V Wade to have any meaning it has to be universally enforced. The constitution would demand this and with the murder of a child now a capital crime anyone having an abortion or contributing to an abortion would be subject to lethal injection. That may be fine with you but it will never fly which is why your efforts are more fantasy than anything else.

I'm not going to bother because you're a man who clearly could care less what impact this has on women. If you were a woman, you might have a different opinion. Alas, you are entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to mine, and we're just going to have to "agree to disagree."

No it won't. If you contention is that abortion is murder then to sanction murder in one state while it is enforced in another would be a clear violation of equal protection. For over turning R V Wade to have any meaning it has to be universally enforced. The constitution would demand this and with the murder of a child now a capital crime anyone having an abortion or contributing to an abortion would be subject to lethal injection. That may be fine with you but it will never fly which is why your efforts are more fantasy than anything else.

Fantasy----discussing abortion is fantasy---?
trust me --this is real---just as real as a fetus being alive.

Social conservatives forget that fact that quality of life is of equal or greater importance then life itself. You will fight to have a child born then condemn and ridicule them once they land on a welfare role and when they die from neglect as our infant mortality suggests you don't even notice. If you are truly concerned with life then it would greatly help your cause if you weren't so half assed about it...

Social conservatives forget that fact that quality of life is of equal or greater importance then life itself. You will fight to have a child born then condemn and ridicule them once they land on a welfare role and when they die from neglect as our infant mortality suggests you don't even notice. If you are truly concerned with life then it would greatly help your cause if you weren't so half assed about it...

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap::beer:

Forum List

Back