Why are the Christians mad at Jews?

Jun 29, 2004
Jews killed jesus, right? Based on Christian doctrines Jesus had to die anyway for all our sins so that we could be forgiven etc.... Let's rewrite history for a moment and pretend that the Jews (and Romans, too) didn't kill Jesus. How would this concept ever have worked out about him dying for our sins etc... would it have become null and void? What I am saying more or less is for our salvation someone had to do away with Jesus. So, would't Jews then have done a big favor for the Christians? Should we not be thankful for them for what they did?
Also, another perplexing thing - isn't one of Christian doctrines about forgiveness and loving your enemy? How can Christians hold grudge, kill and persecute a group of people for over 2000 years? Sounds kind of unchristian to me ...

What is the theological view about these things?

This being the Religion and Ethics board, I have to state that I'm not religious but I am ethical.

I'm not mad at the Jews.

Gee... not being a Christian is so liberating. :eusa_angel:

Jews killed jesus, right? Based on Christian doctrines Jesus had to die anyway for all our sins so that we could be forgiven etc.... Let's rewrite history for a moment and pretend that the Jews (and Romans, too) didn't kill Jesus. How would this concept ever have worked out about him dying for our sins etc... would it have become null and void? What I am saying more or less is for our salvation someone had to do away with Jesus. So, would't Jews then have done a big favor for the Christians? Should we not be thankful for them for what they did?
Also, another perplexing thing - isn't one of Christian doctrines about forgiveness and loving your enemy? How can Christians hold grudge, kill and persecute a group of people for over 2000 years? Sounds kind of unchristian to me ...

assuming Christians hate jews is pretty much a bunch of shit. Or are you stirring the pot ?

jesus christ was jew.

Jesus (proper name Yeshua) was a Jew. The reason that the upper leadership of the Jews had Him crucified was because they didn't want Him to undermine the leaders of the Temple. Unfortunately, they were unable to do it themselves because of the way the rules of the Temple were laid down, so, they got Rome involved. Pilate was paid off by the Jews to take Yeshua down.

But that's not the reason that the Christians are against the Jews......

They are against the Jews because they were trying to take over the religion from them.

Jesus (proper name Yeshua) was a Jew. The reason that the upper leadership of the Jews had Him crucified was because they didn't want Him to undermine the leaders of the Temple. Unfortunately, they were unable to do it themselves because of the way the rules of the Temple were laid down, so, they got Rome involved. Pilate was paid off by the Jews to take Yeshua down.

But that's not the reason that the Christians are against the Jews......

They are against the Jews because they were trying to take over the religion from them.

Huh??? Please explain...

After Rome helped the Hebrew leadership take out Christ, they then set about sacking Jerusalem. Upon taking all the things from there that they did, they combined a lot of their pagan practices with what they took from the Jews and tried to say that their religion was the "one true religion".

If you need an example of paganism and Judaism, look no farther than Christmas and Easter, both holidays are based around solstices. Additionally, most of the evidence points towards Jesus being born at some time OTHER than December 25th.

That's what I mean when I say they are trying to take over the religion.

They aren't trying to take over the religion convert es take over no. Christianity stems from Judaism because Christ came as a Jew but because there was no longer a need for sacrifice because the old covenant prophesy had been fulfilled the new covenant had to take affect and cover both the Jew and gentile hence Christianity. The Jewish believe that Christ was not the messiah. Christians believe he was. As for why Christians hate the Jews I'm a Christian and I dont hate them. so that in and of itself is rediculous.

Christians DON'T hate Jews? Tell that to the people that grew up in the 50's. As far as the rest of your post, Jesus DIDN'T come to change the law. Matter of fact, he said so Himself.....He said "I don't come to change the law, but rather to expand upon it".

There has never been a need for a "new covenant" for the Jews.

When I was a kid I was in the Roman Catholic faith. I wasn't taught that the Jews were to be hated but can tell you there was a lot of frowning in their direction. I used to have a good friend at high school who was Jewish so the brainwashing musn't have been too effective.

Anyway, yes, during religious instruction lessons (I went to Catholic schools and state schools, the teaching of religion isn't prohibited) I remember being told that Christ had been crucified by the Romans at the behest of the influential Jews (it was school, the finer details were brushed over).

I do remember thinking though, that if Christ had been sent to atone for our sins that if he hadn't been put to death then the script would have gone awry somewhat. I was discouraged from that line of thinking.

:disbelief: :popcorn: :disbelief: Waiting for ...
charlie-bass.gif
... to get his hands on THIS one! :lol:

Christians DON'T hate Jews? Tell that to the people that grew up in the 50's. As far as the rest of your post, Jesus DIDN'T come to change the law. Matter of fact, he said so Himself.....He said "I don't come to change the law, but rather to expand upon it".

The covenant I am reffering to is that of sacrifice. The Lord accepting a pure sacrifice in atonement for the sins of the people. This was changed because the ultimate sacrifice had been made. The Messianic Jews belive that Jesus Christ was indeed the messiah and is another branch of Judaism they however still follow the old laws in accordance with how to eat and so on thus differing from Christianity in that aspect. As far as tell that to the people who grew up in the 50's my response is do all white people still hate blacks? No, so lets take the generalizations from 60 years ago and leave them in the past.

They aren't trying to take over the religion convert es take over no. Christianity stems from Judaism because Christ came as a Jew but because there was no longer a need for sacrifice because the old covenant prophesy had been fulfilled the new covenant had to take affect and cover both the Jew and gentile hence Christianity. The Jewish believe that Christ was not the messiah. Christians believe he was. As for why Christians hate the Jews I'm a Christian and I dont hate them. so that in and of itself is rediculous.

Ditto:beer::beer:

not expand upon it, but to FULFIL THE LAW, is what jesus said....

The covenant I am reffering to is that of sacrifice. The Lord accepting a pure sacrifice in atonement for the sins of the people. This was changed because the ultimate sacrifice had been made. The Messianic Jews belive that Jesus Christ was indeed the messiah and is another branch of Judaism they however still follow the old laws in accordance with how to eat and so on thus differing from Christianity in that aspect. As far as tell that to the people who grew up in the 50's my response is do all white people still hate blacks? No, so lets take the generalizations from 60 years ago and leave them in the past.

Really? By the way, it's spelled "referring" not "reffering". Try to keep your stuttering to a minimum.

But....the question that I would ask, is do you think that the Jews were not pure? If so......kill yourself, because you've obviously been taken over by a demon who is lying to you and to God, through you.

I always found it funny for Christians to hate Jews... Shouldn't they hate Italians, instead?

OASHUSPAIUHads.

EDIT: PS, I don't actually think all or most or even many Christians hate jews.

Last edited:
who that is christian, hates jews? i have known quite a few of Athiests to hate jews on this site and a few others...but religious Christians.....nada!

i personally don't know any Christians that hate jews, but quite the opposite, other than 1 person that posts on one of the message boards i frequent...

i've never met a christian that hated jews. I've met lots that disagree with their traditional faith but this isn't the 50s and it seem to me that the Hagee version of christianity is standard these days. I'd have to see some evidence of the assertion that christians hate jews.

Really? By the way, it's spelled "referring" not "reffering". Try to keep your stuttering to a minimum.

But....the question that I would ask, is do you think that the Jews were not pure? If so......kill yourself, because you've obviously been taken over by a demon who is lying to you and to God, through you.

I understand all that time on the bottom bunk has you confused. All I said is that Christians and Jews have different opinions of who the messiah is with the exception of Messianic Jews who believe that Christ was the messiah. I never said that I nor any other true Christian hated any Jewish people.

Forum List

Back