Poll: Would you prefered to have been aborted?

Would you have prefered to have been aborted?

• Total voters
Well what if I need a kidney transplant? I can't take care of myself then can I? If your kidney is a match isn't it the position of "right to life" that government can force you to give one to me irrespective of your right to control your body? After all, my right supercedes all your other rights correct? Isn't that the position of right to life?

Wow . . . this is a really good point. If the government says you don't have a choice over your body with this issue, what's to say that if you have come up with a strange new disease that they want to study that they can't make you give up your body for science? If you're argument against pro-choice is adoption, then you're saying that a woman MUST have a baby that she doesn't want so that makes her a living test tube for someone else's baby. Doesn't seem fair to me.

no I'm not---I'm saying abortion is black and white. You don't get to look at some movie of this whole persons lifetime before you kill it ! You either do it or you don't do it--there's no gray area.
I agree, it is black and white. An embryo isn't life, so there is no killing involved.

The question wasn't pertaining to a phantom person dillo, the question was would YOU rather have been aborted. That is a gray question because it's not a simple question to answer.

I've lived enough pain in my short lifetime to kill 10 people from misery I'm sure but I'm here because my mother didn't believe in abortion. I was a mistake, she was on the pill when she got pregnant with me and I was the last of her 5 children. We were never close because she said I came out stubborn and knowing right from wrong and how I saw the world which was vastly different than anyone else in my family to be sure.

Would I have been better off not being born? I'd have to say probably yes. Would I have missed this life I've lived? the pain? no I wouldn't. The happiness? yes perhaps but there are times when the pain overshadows the happiness and all that you're left with is an ache so deep and so profound that you just don't think you can take one more breath and honestly, you don't want to.

Did I make my mother proud by turning out the way I did in spite of my circumstances? she said of all her kids I was the one she knew she didn't have to worry about after she died.

Miss, thank you for saying I contribute and the world would be diminished without me. That was very kind of you and yes I have overcome all the obstacles placed before me but I didn't reveal these things about myself to garner sympathy or make anyone feel a certain way. I meant them to illustrate that for SOME women the choice of abortion is a better alternative than bringing a child into a world full of pain and suffering. I wish my mother had been so kind to me (sometimes) *see gray area :eusa_angel: *

How egotistical can you get ??? How in the hell are you going to know IN ADVANCE what a child's life will be like and how dare you condemn your shot at it ?

How egotistical can you get ??? How in the hell are you going to know IN ADVANCE what a child's life will be like and how dare you condemn your shot at it ?

my mother KNEW what kind of life she was bringing me into... my father was already beating her by then and my grandfather had already molested my sister. so don't sit here and tell me she didn't KNOW! Do I fault her for her CHOICE? No I do not BUT would I have understood had she chosen differently? YES I would.

you see the world in black and white dillo and it's just not that simple. what you think is an easy situation to overcome is impossible for someone else. who are YOU to decide for that person?

you are not GOD! although it seems you think you are.

my mother KNEW what kind of life she was bringing me into... my father was already beating her by then and my grandfather had already molested my sister. so don't sit here and tell me she didn't KNOW! Do I fault her for her CHOICE? No I do not BUT would I have understood had she chosen differently? YES I would.

you see the world in black and white dillo and it's just not that simple. what you think is an easy situation to overcome is impossible for someone else. who are YOU to decide for that person?

you are not GOD! although it seems you think you are.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? ---You are the one who thinks killing a baby is doing it some kind of favor ! You have life thanks to your mother---what do you intend to do with the rest of it ?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? ---You are the one who thinks killing a baby is doing it some kind of favor ! You have life thanks to your mother---what do you intend to do with the rest of it ?

dillo are you intentionally being as asshole or is it just who you are?

I have life thanks to my mother? yes that's true...should I also thank her for all the pain and suffering that went along with it too? or should she only get credit for the good stuff?

a child who is brought into this world by parents who beat them, starve them, treat them worse than they'd treat a dog, should they also thank their mothers?

as for what I intend to do with the rest of my life, well I plan on being here refuting the neo-conservative bullshit that seems to spring from your keyboard as much as possible for one thing

I also plan on continuing to raise my daughter to be a happy healthy loved person so that some day when she's almost 40 she won't be sitting on a message board saying she wished I'd have aborted her!

I do volunteer work also at a woman's shelter and with the homeless in my area... you know that worthless community organizer stuff the repubs think means nothing.

P.S. Who are you to tell anyone what they can do with their body. You're argument that if people needed a kidney someone would step up is probably right; however, it would be that person's. . . wait for it . . . CHOICE!!!!

I agree, it is black and white. An embryo isn't life, so there is no killing involved.

Yes but an embryo doesn't have arms, legs, a heartbeat, and brain activity, which a baby does at the time of an abortion.

A Baby at Eight Weeks
Congratulations -- your embryo is now called a fetus, which means "offspring". Your uterus expands to accommodate its new resident, which now measures approximately 0.6 inch / 1.6 centimetres. Many changes take place this week -- the embryonic tail is gone, and all organs, muscles, and nerves are beginning to function. The hands now bend at the wrist, and the feet begin to lose their webbed appearance. Eyelids are beginning to cover the eyes.

Link

Thanks, I appriciate your support. :doubt:

I don't support your desire to force your morality on others anymore than I'm going to support some pro-choice whacko's desire to force theirs on others.

Like it or not, it's legal. I can only suggest if you don't want an abortion, then don't get one.

The question is still dumb. If you answer yes, you must lead a miserable life. If you answer no, what does it prove? Either way, the choice was not yours ... it was your mother's.

If you want to stir some shit, why not ask a good shit-stirring question?

Do you have any children that had you known then what you know now you would have had aborted?

:slap: Ducks are hatched :slap:

Sorry, couldn't resist that one! :lol:

That's cute!!! Really. But fact remains, we were all zygotes, then embryos, then a fetus, and then a baby.

An unborn child can't sustain it's own life until after, at a minimum, the 24th week of pregnancy. Therefore, anything before that is NOT living but merely growing into a life.

That's cute!!! Really. But fact remains, we were all zygotes, then embryos, then a fetus, and then a baby.

:eusa_naughty: First we are ..

Sperm-gun.jpg

dillo are you intentionally being as asshole or is it just who you are?

I have life thanks to my mother? yes that's true...should I also thank her for all the pain and suffering that went along with it too? or should she only get credit for the good stuff?

a child who is brought into this world by parents who beat them, starve them, treat them worse than they'd treat a dog, should they also thank their mothers?

as for what I intend to do with the rest of my life, well I plan on being here refuting the neo-conservative bullshit that seems to spring from your keyboard as much as possible for one thing

I also plan on continuing to raise my daughter to be a happy healthy loved person so that some day when she's almost 40 she won't be sitting on a message board saying she wished I'd have aborted her!

I do volunteer work also at a woman's shelter and with the homeless in my area... you know that worthless community organizer stuff the repubs think means nothing.

They may come a time when all of your painful experiences will actually become tools you can use to help yourself or others. In FACT IT ALREADY IS with your volunteer work.
You mean in spite of all you anger and grief you were still willing to bring a child into your life ? Look out--your optimism is showing.

Sure--take it--I got two.

seriously tho, people will try to save your life just as they try to save the life of a child. If people could do something as simple as donating a kidney to stop an abortion I bet people would step up !

I appreciate your free choice to save my life but you didn't address the question of whether I can have your kidney irrespective of your choice. The right to life dictates that there is no choice to be made-government makes that for us. Thats the issue that right to lifers continually duck...

Forum List

Back