Politico: Carson lied about admission to West Point.

Carson said he got a scholarship because it sounds better than saying he refused to apply to West Point.

If he would have applied, even with all the awards and support he was getting at the time, it would still only be a 75 percent chance that he would have made it all the way.

Like I said, it takes a congressional sponsorship, as well as a long application process (part of which includes background checks), and it's super competitive.
Lying. He never said he got a scholarship. He said he was offered one. And he was.

You can't be offered a scholarship if you never applied. If in fact he was, where is that proof?

ROFL! You are heading down the scumbag road full speed ahead, and your stepping harder on the throttle.

I wonder if you put all this energy into learning how to read, spell and count that you wouldn't have to come here for pity any longer. Think about it.

So you can't quote the statement. No one of average intelligence could possibly believe such tactics are honest or honorable.

Which means you're lying.

No, since I already posted it it means your mouth is so full of bon bons you are too lazy to look it up yourself.

You posted a link to a story that can't be read unless you buy a subscription to the Wall Street Journal. In other words, you posted nothing.

You obviously understand that you're a lying hosebag.

Believe me I don't want to make a monkey out of you, why should I take all the credit?

Here is NBC reporting the same thing this will undoubtedly give you cause to start shrieking like your primate friends.

"Ben Carson said the media was looking for a way to "tarnish" him after details about his offer to attend the U.S. Military Academy at West Point on a "full scholarship" came into question Friday.

"There is a desperation on behalf of some to try to find a way to tarnish me because they have been looking through everything, they have been talking to everybody I've ever known, everybody I've ever seen," Carson said Friday night.

"My prediction is that all you guys trying to pile on is actually going to help me," Carson told reporters, saying that his supporters "understand that this is a witch-hunt."

"I do not remember this level of scrutiny for one President Barack Obama," Carson added.

Friday brought a report from Politico claiming that Carson fabricated a story about being admitted to West Point.

Ben Carson said the media was looking for a way to "tarnish" him after details about his offer to attend the U.S. Military Academy at West Point on a "full scholarship" came into question Friday.

"There is a desperation on behalf of some to try to find a way to tarnish me because they have been looking through everything, they have been talking to everybody I've ever known, everybody I've ever seen," Carson said Friday night.

"My prediction is that all you guys trying to pile on is actually going to help me," Carson told reporters, saying that his supporters "understand that this is a witch-hunt."

"I do not remember this level of scrutiny for one President Barack Obama," Carson added.

Friday brought a report from Politico claiming that Carson fabricated a story about being admitted to West Point.

Carson's campaign confirmed to NBC News that the surging Republican presidential candidate never applied to the elite academy, despite writing in his 1996 book "Gifted Hands" that he was "offered a full scholarship to West Point" after attending a dinner where he was introduced to West Point personnel by his ROTC supervisors.

Ben Carson told the New York Times: "I don't remember all the specific details. Because I had done so extraordinarily well you know I was told that someone like me — they could get a scholarship to West Point. But I made it clear I was going to pursue a career in medicine."

"It was, you know, an informal 'with a record like yours we could easily get you a scholarship to West Point,'" he added.

"They were saying you would be a tremendous addition to the military and we can get you into West Point with a full scholarship," Carson later told reporters.

"They were very impressed with what I had done," Carson said. "I interpreted it as an offer."

Even though West Point does not offer "full scholarships" and all costs are covered for applicants who are offered admission, Carson said the academy uses the words "full scholarship" on their website. On West Point's admissions page, the school uses the wording: "expenses fully paid."

The retired neurosurgeon did not specifically say in his book that he applied to West Point, in fact he wrote that the only school he applied to was the one he ultimately attended — Yale. Ben Carson Never Applied to West Point, Campaign Says

Again, you failed to quote what the Carson campaign actually said to NBC news. All you have is some leftwing scumbag journalist's characterization of what the campaign said. I heard the remarks when they were made, and that characterization bares no resemblance to what was actually said.

Liars quote other liars. That's all you proved.

The leftwing media is rapidly swirling down the toilet bowl of irrelevancy.

I wonder if you put all this energy into learning how to read, spell and count that you wouldn't have to come here for pity any longer. Think about it.

So you can't quote the statement. No one of average intelligence could possibly believe such tactics are honest or honorable.

No, since I already posted it it means your mouth is so full of bon bons you are too lazy to look it up yourself.

You posted a link to a story that can't be read unless you buy a subscription to the Wall Street Journal. In other words, you posted nothing.

Believe me I don't want to make a monkey out of you, why should I take all the credit?

Here is NBC reporting the same thing this will undoubtedly give you cause to start shrieking like your primate friends.

"Ben Carson said the media was looking for a way to "tarnish" him after details about his offer to attend the U.S. Military Academy at West Point on a "full scholarship" came into question Friday.

Ben Carson said the media was looking for a way to "tarnish" him after details about his offer to attend the U.S. Military Academy at West Point on a "full scholarship" came into question Friday.

Carson's campaign confirmed to NBC News that the surging Republican presidential candidate never applied to the elite academy, despite writing in his 1996 book "Gifted Hands" that he was "offered a full scholarship to West Point" after attending a dinner where he was introduced to West Point personnel by his ROTC supervisors.

Ben Carson told the New York Times: "I don't remember all the specific details. Because I had done so extraordinarily well you know I was told that someone like me — they could get a scholarship to West Point. But I made it clear I was going to pursue a career in medicine."

"It was, you know, an informal 'with a record like yours we could easily get you a scholarship to West Point,'" he added.

"They were saying you would be a tremendous addition to the military and we can get you into West Point with a full scholarship," Carson later told reporters.

"They were very impressed with what I had done," Carson said. "I interpreted it as an offer."

Even though West Point does not offer "full scholarships" and all costs are covered for applicants who are offered admission, Carson said the academy uses the words "full scholarship" on their website. On West Point's admissions page, the school uses the wording: "expenses fully paid."

The retired neurosurgeon did not specifically say in his book that he applied to West Point, in fact he wrote that the only school he applied to was the one he ultimately attended — Yale. Ben Carson Never Applied to West Point, Campaign Says

Again, you failed to quote what the Carson campaign actually said to NBC news. All you have is some leftwing scumbag journalist's characterization of what the campaign said. I heard the remarks when they were made, and that characterization bares no resemblance to what was actually said.

There are videos at the link just for idiots like you that question everything but pay no attention to the writing.

Carson has doubled down and thrown in the victim card.

{
"There is a desperation on behalf of some to try to find ways to tarnish me because they've been looking through everything, they have been talking to everybody I've ever known, everybody I've ever seen," Carson told reporters at a media availability in Florida.

"'There's got to be a scandal. There's got to be some nurse he's had an affair with. There's got to be something.' They have gotten desperate," Carson continued. "Next week, it will be my kindergarten teacher who said I peed in my pants. It's ridiculous. But it's OK because I totally expect it."}

Ben Carson slams reporters over questions about his past - CNNPolitics.com

Sounds to me like he has you little Goebbels figured out.

The demagogue - sociopath party - all slander, all the time.

Too bad all this consternation is over the fact that Ben Carson can't open his mouth without letting out a falsehood. Here's an idea! stick to the truth.

You are describing Carson's attackers, not Carson. That includes you, BTW, scumbag.

There are videos at the link just for idiots like you that question everything but pay no attention to the writing.

Videos of what? At which link?

It's sadly hilarious to watch Rain Man Carson try to use the Clarence Thomas "high-tech lynching" tactic against the media.

What's hilarious about it? Since when do leftwing scumbags change the tactics they use to smear people?

Watching all you lying hosebags denying it is what's hilarious.

{
"There is a desperation on behalf of some to try to find ways to tarnish me because they've been looking through everything, they have been talking to everybody I've ever known, everybody I've ever seen," Carson told reporters at a media availability in Florida.

"'There's got to be a scandal. There's got to be some nurse he's had an affair with. There's got to be something.' They have gotten desperate," Carson continued. "Next week, it will be my kindergarten teacher who said I peed in my pants. It's ridiculous. But it's OK because I totally expect it."}

Too bad all this consternation is over the fact that Ben Carson can't open his mouth without letting out a falsehood. Here's an idea! stick to the truth.

You are describing Carson's attackers, not Carson. That includes you, BTW, scumbag.
No, Carson is getting scrutinized because he has no other experience and he wants to be president. If he can't take the heat get out of the kitchen, it will only get worse as time goes on. You don't get to be president until people are sure of what you're selling.

Is that what Hillary told you while she was under sniper fire?

At least Hillary was in a war zone, with her daughter, while sniper fire was actually taking place. Where has Rain Man Carson been?

There's no evidence of sniper fire anywhere near Hillary.

Videos of what? At which link?
The link on this posting.

{

No, Carson is getting scrutinized because he has no other experience and he wants to be president. If he can't take the heat get out of the kitchen, it will only get worse as time goes on. You don't get to be president until people are sure of what you're selling.

He's not being "scrutinized." He's being slandered. The fact that he's beating Hillary by 10 points is the only reason for that.

{

He's not being "scrutinized." He's being slandered. The fact that he's beating Hillary by 10 points is the only reason for that.

It's a high-tech lynching!

Carson said he got a scholarship because it sounds better than saying he refused to apply to West Point.

If he would have applied, even with all the awards and support he was getting at the time, it would still only be a 75 percent chance that he would have made it all the way.

Like I said, it takes a congressional sponsorship, as well as a long application process (part of which includes background checks), and it's super competitive.
Lying. He never said he got a scholarship. He said he was offered one. And he was.

Not even the people who actually attend West Point say they have a scholarship. Why? Because it's not free, after they graduate, they have to pay the government back with at least 6 years of service. The only thing that the chain of command would have said is they could help sponsor him if he applies.

Btw Kaiser Twit, how many people have you helped apply to something like that? Me? I've done around 4 kits to put people in officer's training programs. Do you know how it's done, or the requirements to be accepted?

I thought not.
I posted the link to their webpage titled "scholarships". Yup, they have scholarships and they call them scholarships.

Brian Williams was scorched by right wing media and lost $5million dollars in pay because of his exaggerations. He wasn't even running for president and you're offended that someone is paying attention to a Candidate for that office who was foolish enough to be caught in the same fabrications? This would be funny were it not so tragic.

Hillary lies incessantly - including her stolen valor of lying about coming under sniper fire. But instead of holding her accountable, you mindlessly fling shit at Carson, even after it is proven that the attack your handlers at the hate sites have you engaged in are utterly false.

How many times will you repeat the same lies, Herr Goebbels?

if their record with Palin is any guide, they will be repeating these lies for the next 7 years.

Not even the people who actually attend West Point say they have a scholarship. Why? Because it's not free, after they graduate, they have to pay the government back with at least 6 years of service. The only thing that the chain of command would have said is they could help sponsor him if he applies.

Btw Kaiser Twit, how many people have you helped apply to something like that? Me? I've done around 4 kits to put people in officer's training programs. Do you know how it's done, or the requirements to be accepted?

I thought not.
I posted the link to their webpage titled "scholarships". Yup, they have scholarships and they call them scholarships.

Did they call them scholarships back when Carson said he was offered one?

ROFL! You are heading down the scumbag road full speed ahead, and your stepping harder on the throttle.

So you can't quote the statement.

No, the standard is that you make your statement, provide the quote that supports it, and then link the quote.

You idiots don't know that though. Because you're retards.

As if quotes ever meant anything to you before. LOL
I use quotes very effectively, and correctly. The result is that your leftard compares whine about how I "rely" on outside sources to prove my points. Of course they, and you, are too stupid to recognize that is a concession to my points and an endorsement of my debating prowess. My thirteen year old daughter converses at a higher level than you drooling cretins do.

Ignorant deflection is all you've got. It will be a pleasure to watch Ben Carson circling the bowl before he flushes.

I thought not.

Did they call them scholarships back when Carson said he was offered one?
Yup, they sure did.

You idiots keep digging this hole. It illuminates your stupidity, just as all the ridiculous threads about trig's parentage and your inutterable buffoonery in re: Where the fuck is Russia in relation to Alaska, anyhow??? What maroons.

I thought not.

You're right, West Point DOES have scholarships.

However.....................they are for people who aren't accepted to West Point and are used at other colleges. Here's the application requirements, as well as the scholarship information...................

Admission requirements
Candidates must be between 17 and 23 years old, unmarried, and with no legal obligation to support a child. Above average high school and/or previous college grades, and strong performance on standardized testing is expected.[109] The interquartile range on the old SAT was 1100–1360 and 68% ranked in the top fifth of their high school class.[110][111]

To be eligible for appointment, candidates must also undergo a Candidate Fitness Assessment[112] and a complete physical exam.[112] Up to 60 students from foreign countries are present at USMA, educated at the expense of the sponsoring nation, with tuition assistance based on the GNP of their country.[113] Of these foreign cadets the Code of Federal Regulations specifically permits one Filipino cadet designated by the President of the Philippines.[114]

The actual application process consists of two main requirements: candidates apply to USMA for admission and separately provide a nomination. The majority of candidates receive a nomination from their United States Representative or Senator. Some receive a nomination from the Vice President or even the President of the United States.[115]

The nomination process is not political. Applicants do not have to know their congressman to be nominated. The Academy applicant typically provides written essays and letters of recommendation. The applicant then submits to a formal interview.[116] Admission to West Point is selective: 12.75% of applicants were admitted (total of 1292) to the Class of 2012.[110][117]

Candidates may have previous college experience, but they may not transfer, meaning that regardless of previous college credit, they enter the academy as a fourth class cadet and undergo the entire four-year program.[118] If a candidate is considered academically disqualified and not selected, he or she may receive an offer to attend to the United States Military Academy Preparatory School.[119] Upon graduation from USMAPS, these candidates are appointed to the academy if they receive the recommendation of the USMAPS Commandant and meet medical admission requirements.[120]

The West Point Association of Graduates (WPAOG) also offers scholarship support to people who are qualified but not selected. The scholarships usually cover around $7,000 to civilian universities; the students who receive these scholarships do so under the stipulation that they will be admitted to and attend West Point a year later. Those who do not must repay the AOG. New Mexico Military Institute, Marion Military Institute, Valley Forge Military College and the Greystone Preparatory School at Schreiner University in Kerrville, Texas, are programs that students often attend on the AOG scholarship prior to admission to West Point.[121]

United States Military Academy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back