Politico: Carson lied about admission to West Point.

Carson said he got a scholarship because it sounds better than saying he refused to apply to West Point.

If he would have applied, even with all the awards and support he was getting at the time, it would still only be a 75 percent chance that he would have made it all the way.

Like I said, it takes a congressional sponsorship, as well as a long application process (part of which includes background checks), and it's super competitive.
Lying. He never said he got a scholarship. He said he was offered one. And he was.

Not even the people who actually attend West Point say they have a scholarship. Why? Because it's not free, after they graduate, they have to pay the government back with at least 6 years of service. The only thing that the chain of command would have said is they could help sponsor him if he applies.

Btw Kaiser Twit, how many people have you helped apply to something like that? Me? I've done around 4 kits to put people in officer's training programs. Do you know how it's done, or the requirements to be accepted?

I thought not.
I posted the link to their webpage titled "scholarships". Yup, they have scholarships and they call them scholarships.

You're right, West Point DOES have scholarships.

However.....................they are for people who aren't accepted to West Point and are used at other colleges. Here's the application requirements, as well as the scholarship information...................

Admission requirements
Candidates must be between 17 and 23 years old, unmarried, and with no legal obligation to support a child. Above average high school and/or previous college grades, and strong performance on standardized testing is expected.[109] The interquartile range on the old SAT was 1100–1360 and 68% ranked in the top fifth of their high school class.[110][111]

To be eligible for appointment, candidates must also undergo a Candidate Fitness Assessment[112] and a complete physical exam.[112] Up to 60 students from foreign countries are present at USMA, educated at the expense of the sponsoring nation, with tuition assistance based on the GNP of their country.[113] Of these foreign cadets the Code of Federal Regulations specifically permits one Filipino cadet designated by the President of the Philippines.[114]

The actual application process consists of two main requirements: candidates apply to USMA for admission and separately provide a nomination. The majority of candidates receive a nomination from their United States Representative or Senator. Some receive a nomination from the Vice President or even the President of the United States.[115]

The nomination process is not political. Applicants do not have to know their congressman to be nominated. The Academy applicant typically provides written essays and letters of recommendation. The applicant then submits to a formal interview.[116] Admission to West Point is selective: 12.75% of applicants were admitted (total of 1292) to the Class of 2012.[110][117]

Candidates may have previous college experience, but they may not transfer, meaning that regardless of previous college credit, they enter the academy as a fourth class cadet and undergo the entire four-year program.[118] If a candidate is considered academically disqualified and not selected, he or she may receive an offer to attend to the United States Military Academy Preparatory School.[119] Upon graduation from USMAPS, these candidates are appointed to the academy if they receive the recommendation of the USMAPS Commandant and meet medical admission requirements.[120]

The West Point Association of Graduates (WPAOG) also offers scholarship support to people who are qualified but not selected. The scholarships usually cover around $7,000 to civilian universities; the students who receive these scholarships do so under the stipulation that they will be admitted to and attend West Point a year later. Those who do not must repay the AOG. New Mexico Military Institute, Marion Military Institute, Valley Forge Military College and the Greystone Preparatory School at Schreiner University in Kerrville, Texas, are programs that students often attend on the AOG scholarship prior to admission to West Point.[121]

United States Military Academy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In other words, Carson didn't lie. Thank you.

That was before they learned the full details of politicos accusations / lies. once they pushed back on Politico, Politico quietly changed its headline and story.

Too late - BUSTED. NO credibility!

Sorry to hurt your feelings, but the campaign made the statement on Friday long after the original article was published.

The campaign said no such thing. Why don't you post what the campaign actually said rather than some scumbag media flack's characterization of it?

I already have in this thread.

No, you posted some leftwing media scumbag characterization of what the campaign said.

No, I posted an actual campaign statement. It doesn't matter who publishes it, it is still the truth.
If we can't access it, you haven't posted jack shit.

Trump has now started mocking Carson and talking about him bashing his mom in the head with a hammer and trying to stab a kid with a knife is a fall on the floor laugh riot. That is what should have been on SNL. When you hear Trump talk about Carson you will think you are listening to a stand-up comedian.

Sorry to hurt your feelings, but the campaign made the statement on Friday long after the original article was published.

The campaign said no such thing. Why don't you post what the campaign actually said rather than some scumbag media flack's characterization of it?

I already have in this thread.

No, you posted some leftwing media scumbag characterization of what the campaign said.

No, I posted an actual campaign statement. It doesn't matter who publishes it, it is still the truth.
If we can't access it, you haven't posted jack shit.
As I said earlier, go get a job so you can pay for a subscription. Maybe they have a welfare edition for poor righties.

Carson said he got a scholarship because it sounds better than saying he refused to apply to West Point.

If he would have applied, even with all the awards and support he was getting at the time, it would still only be a 75 percent chance that he would have made it all the way.

Like I said, it takes a congressional sponsorship, as well as a long application process (part of which includes background checks), and it's super competitive.
Lying. He never said he got a scholarship. He said he was offered one. And he was.

Not even the people who actually attend West Point say they have a scholarship. Why? Because it's not free, after they graduate, they have to pay the government back with at least 6 years of service. The only thing that the chain of command would have said is they could help sponsor him if he applies.

Btw Kaiser Twit, how many people have you helped apply to something like that? Me? I've done around 4 kits to put people in officer's training programs. Do you know how it's done, or the requirements to be accepted?

I thought not.
I posted the link to their webpage titled "scholarships". Yup, they have scholarships and they call them scholarships.

However.....................they are for people who aren't accepted to West Point and are used at other colleges. Here's the application requirements, as well as the scholarship information...................

Admission requirements
Candidates must be between 17 and 23 years old, unmarried, and with no legal obligation to support a child. Above average high school and/or previous college grades, and strong performance on standardized testing is expected.[109] The interquartile range on the old SAT was 1100–1360 and 68% ranked in the top fifth of their high school class.[110][111]

To be eligible for appointment, candidates must also undergo a Candidate Fitness Assessment[112] and a complete physical exam.[112] Up to 60 students from foreign countries are present at USMA, educated at the expense of the sponsoring nation, with tuition assistance based on the GNP of their country.[113] Of these foreign cadets the Code of Federal Regulations specifically permits one Filipino cadet designated by the President of the Philippines.[114]

The actual application process consists of two main requirements: candidates apply to USMA for admission and separately provide a nomination. The majority of candidates receive a nomination from their United States Representative or Senator. Some receive a nomination from the Vice President or even the President of the United States.[115]

The nomination process is not political. Applicants do not have to know their congressman to be nominated. The Academy applicant typically provides written essays and letters of recommendation. The applicant then submits to a formal interview.[116] Admission to West Point is selective: 12.75% of applicants were admitted (total of 1292) to the Class of 2012.[110][117]

Candidates may have previous college experience, but they may not transfer, meaning that regardless of previous college credit, they enter the academy as a fourth class cadet and undergo the entire four-year program.[118] If a candidate is considered academically disqualified and not selected, he or she may receive an offer to attend to the United States Military Academy Preparatory School.[119] Upon graduation from USMAPS, these candidates are appointed to the academy if they receive the recommendation of the USMAPS Commandant and meet medical admission requirements.[120]

The West Point Association of Graduates (WPAOG) also offers scholarship support to people who are qualified but not selected. The scholarships usually cover around $7,000 to civilian universities; the students who receive these scholarships do so under the stipulation that they will be admitted to and attend West Point a year later. Those who do not must repay the AOG. New Mexico Military Institute, Marion Military Institute, Valley Forge Military College and the Greystone Preparatory School at Schreiner University in Kerrville, Texas, are programs that students often attend on the AOG scholarship prior to admission to West Point.[121]

In other words, you didn't read the post. The only way you can get a scholarship from West Point is to apply, be qualified but not accepted, and then you are picked up for a scholarship for around 7,000/year at another college sponsored by the West Point Association of Graduates.

Carson didn't apply, so he didn't get a scholarship.

Try again Kaiser Twit.

I thought not.

Admission requirements

In other words, you didn't read the post. The only way you can get a scholarship from West Point is to apply, be qualified but not accepted, and then you are picked up for a scholarship for around 7,000/year at another college sponsored by the West Point Association of Graduates.

Carson didn't apply, so he didn't get a scholarship.

Try again Kaiser Twit.
He never said he applied. He never said he got a scholarship. Ps its past your regular "pass out time".

He said that he was offered a scholarship from West Point in his book.

If he never applied, he never could be considered qualified but not selected, and that is the only way that West Point would grant a scholarship.

So yes, he did lie.

They would have rejected him when he told them the story about hitting his mom in the head with a hammer and trying to stab some kid in the stomach.

They would have rejected him when he told them the story about hitting his mom in the head with a hammer and trying to stab some kid in the stomach.

Actually, those would be things that would have to be considered for a waiver, especially if police were involved. And, during the background check that everyone in the military has to go through (especially officer candidates), he would have more than likely been considered not qualified because of his teen years.

I worked in recruiting for 2 1/2 years and had to know things like this, both for enlisted and officer candidates (2 of which I worked up their paperwork for them). I helped 2 enlisted guys in my command at VFA-131 apply for the BOOST officer program as well. Getting those packages correct and accurate is difficult at best, because there is a whole bunch of things that you have to do.

Can you imagine if Carson was running as a Democrat? Wow. Black, Ghetto boy, father missing, Single mother, worked his way out of it to Head Surgeon at Johns Hopkins!

Instead, they are using the media (again) in pathetic attempt to discredit. Sick.
Ben Carson is coming off as an untrustworthy narrator, at the very least and the Republican Party has an ongoing, systemic problem with vetting, and it’s all the liberal media’s fault!:banana::badgrin:

Well, it can't be a republican's fault...ever.

what was a Democrats's fault?

Any of you ever been to a recruiting trip to a college or attended an event where there are college recruiters? Obviously not, by reading a lot of the posts.

There have been several articles out since this began. Several told how they went to events and during the lulls / breaks they were approached by officers and other recruiters. One spoke of how he was approached by a 1-star who told him that his records/grades/etc made him a great candidate and that if he applied he would get in and probably get a scholarship. To a 17yo kid I can see where that is an offer to go to the school with a scholarship. Heck, ya don't even have to apply the Bill Clinton 'definition of the word IS' argument to come up with that one. Understandable. Growing up, my parents were friends of Strom Thurmond - the man went to our church from time to time until he moved up to and stayed in DC. In high school he offered my dad to get me into the Air force Academy. Was that a scholarship offer? If Strom Thurmond says he can get you into the Air Force Academy it sure sounds like one...but I never applied or took him up on it at the time.

Still the bottom line here is simple:

You have the media (one who just exposed themselves as having no credibility whatsoever) just tried to 'politically knee-cap' one of the GOP Front-runners...and they have failed.

This media source is sitting on the story about the DNC front-runner just finishing up her perjurous testimony before an Investigative Committee, during which her own e-mails were used to definitively prove that she was so incompetent she had no idea what was going on in her own agency, that she let 4 Americans (1 Ambassador) die, lied about it, and continued her leis before Congress. The State Dept even released new e-mails since proving she perjured herself. It has also been demonstrated how she knowingly caused damage to our National Security because she wanted to keep what she was doing hidden...and the Investigation continues.

Whereas the (proposed) lies of Ben Carson about inconsequential things from his past appear in several PAGES of his book, the vast 'wealth' of lies and deceit told by Hillary could FILL an ENTIRE book. Barak Obama's past, which the media pathetically demanded did not matter, could nearly fill up a book, and the information he has sealed away, much like the full report on the Kennedy assassination, could fill at least another. (That, however, is one book we may never get to read.) So the simultaneous lack of Journalistic integrity and ethics and excess of hypocrisy being demonstrated by the Liberally-biased media and party-1st Liberals is off the proverbial chart.

In side-by-side comparison, Ben Carson compared to Obama and Hillary is a pebbled to 2 piles of poop. You can use one as a foot-hold to keep climbing. When you step on the other two you just get that 'stank-face' and just want to scrape them off your shoe.

If they don't want to die, don't live next to people who have a damned good reason to want to kill you.

It's kind of common sense.

Using your own argument....if HAMAS and Palestinians don't want to be shot / killed, maybe they shouldn't:
- Throw rocks and stab innocent Jews
- Fire rockets into civilian communities
- Dig tunnels into someone else's back yard and try to commit terrorist attacks / bombings.

If you throw rocks over the fence and into someone else's yard at a Big dog day after day...and the dog finally gets off the chain, jumps the fence, and gnaws on you and rips you up...DON'T BLAME THE DOG!

The White House / Obama administration, perpetrators of LIE OF THE YEAR (and many more), tell the egregious Liberal Media that Ben Carson (not the exposed pathological liar Hillary) deserves more intense media scrutiny....while trying to claim Obama did not get a free pass and is still not getting a free pass (despite all of his sealed records) NOW!

:lmao: :rofl: :lmao:

Obama administration officials say presidential candidate Ben Carson deserves increased media scrutiny but disagree that their boss got a free pass from the media in 2008.
LINK: White House: Ben Carson Deserves Heightened Media Scrutiny - Breitbart

I thought not.

Admission requirements

Send him more money, Allie.

Actually, those would be things that would have to be considered for a waiver, especially if police were involved. And, during the background check that everyone in the military has to go through (especially officer candidates), he would have more than likely been considered not qualified because of his teen years.

I worked in recruiting for 2 1/2 years and had to know things like this, both for enlisted and officer candidates (2 of which I worked up their paperwork for them). I helped 2 enlisted guys in my command at VFA-131 apply for the BOOST officer program as well. Getting those packages correct and accurate is difficult at best, because there is a whole bunch of things that you have to do.
Good grief do you EVER shut up? I think I can say I speak for the majority when I say enough with the self aggrandizing blatherment. Nobody gives a shit about your long past 'glory days' in the fucking Navy.

Forum List

Back