Politico: Carson lied about admission to West Point.

You know, I was a Personnelman in the U.S. Navy, and I can tell you that in order to attend either the U.S. Naval Academy, or Westpoint, you have to be appointed, and that usually involves getting a Congressperson to sponsor you, as well as a long application process that is brutally competitive.

Now, what Carson was more than likely told was that if he was willing to apply, there were people high up on the chain that would help out and try to push his application through. He was also more than likely told that during the application process he would be checked out by the FBI for his NAC (National Agency Check) as well as his security clearance. I was told that when I enlisted, and I was never trying for an officer program (of which Westpoint is). He may have felt that he didn't want to endure the background checks and decided to pass.

However, saying that you refused to apply for Westpoint doesn't sound as good as saying that you refused a scholarship to Westpoint. Yes, the tuition at Westpoint is paid back to the government in the form of at least 6 years of service to the government and the student doesn't have to pay, but it is far short of a scholarship.

I think he just said it like that in the book because it sounds better, but it's still a few shades away from the actual truth.

It's West Point, you buffoon. Now go back to drinking and stop boring the people with brains.

So, nu-huh, why did Obama claim the ACA would not cost a dime, would pay for itself, would not put people out of work, would not force people to lose insurance, and if people liked their health care and doctor they could keep them....ALL PROVEN LIES?

WHY did Hillary swear under oath several times that she handed over everything to investigators only for the FBI to find more and her own State Department openly declare that she had NOT?

Are Liberals THAT stupid to think the truth will not eventually get out?

And what do you think Americans find more egregious, a 17yo who doesn't tell the complete facts about a potential scholarship or an ex-1st Lady / Failed Senator / Failed Ex-Sect of State whose incompetence got 4 Americans killed lying only weeks ago about the attack in which they died having been a 'protest' that never existed?
-- Let me help you with that answer: By a WIDE margin Hillary owns the title of 'Least Trusted Candidate' in this entire race!

It should be the duty of all citizens to vette their candidates and decide which faults are acceptable and which faults should disqualify them from their vote. Hillary is the trusted front runner and will prevail much to your great chagrin.

Hillary is "trusted" only by lying weasels like you. When did you or any other leftist vette her or Obama? Oh, yeah . . . . . that's right . . . . . . never.

Is it possible for you to post anything that doesn't make small children laugh at you?

Hillary was a trusted two time Senator from New York they thought well enough of her to return her to Washington twice. In 2001, she beat Rick Lazio by 55.27 to his 43.01 in other words she kicked his ass and New York loved her.

Then why did his campaign admit that he lied?

That was before they learned the full details of politicos accusations / lies. once they pushed back on Politico, Politico quietly changed its headline and story.

Too late - BUSTED. NO credibility!

Sorry to hurt your feelings, but the campaign made the statement on Friday long after the original article was published.

The campaign said no such thing. Why don't you post what the campaign actually said rather than some scumbag media flack's characterization of it?

I already have in this thread.

So, nu-huh, why did Obama claim the ACA would not cost a dime, would pay for itself, would not put people out of work, would not force people to lose insurance, and if people liked their health care and doctor they could keep them....ALL PROVEN LIES?

WHY did Hillary swear under oath several times that she handed over everything to investigators only for the FBI to find more and her own State Department openly declare that she had NOT?

And what do you think Americans find more egregious, a 17yo who doesn't tell the complete facts about a potential scholarship or an ex-1st Lady / Failed Senator / Failed Ex-Sect of State whose incompetence got 4 Americans killed lying only weeks ago about the attack in which they died having been a 'protest' that never existed?
-- Let me help you with that answer: By a WIDE margin Hillary owns the title of 'Least Trusted Candidate' in this entire race!

It should be the duty of all citizens to vette their candidates and decide which faults are acceptable and which faults should disqualify them from their vote. Hillary is the trusted front runner and will prevail much to your great chagrin.
Liar.
Poll: 60% don't trust Hillary, 62% say she'll 'do anything' to be president

Is the dog in your avatar a Jack Russell Terrier?

You know, I was a Personnelman in the U.S. Navy, and I can tell you that in order to attend either the U.S. Naval Academy, or Westpoint, you have to be appointed, and that usually involves getting a Congressperson to sponsor you, as well as a long application process that is brutally competitive.

Now, what Carson was more than likely told was that if he was willing to apply, there were people high up on the chain that would help out and try to push his application through. He was also more than likely told that during the application process he would be checked out by the FBI for his NAC (National Agency Check) as well as his security clearance. I was told that when I enlisted, and I was never trying for an officer program (of which Westpoint is). He may have felt that he didn't want to endure the background checks and decided to pass.

However, saying that you refused to apply for Westpoint doesn't sound as good as saying that you refused a scholarship to Westpoint. Yes, the tuition at Westpoint is paid back to the government in the form of at least 6 years of service to the government and the student doesn't have to pay, but it is far short of a scholarship.

I think he just said it like that in the book because it sounds better, but it's still a few shades away from the actual truth.

It's West Point, you buffoon. Now go back to drinking and stop boring the people with brains.

I know it's Westpoint you ignorant female. However, the application process for both academies is pretty much the same. How do I know? I compared notes with some of the Army guys when I was stationed at the MEPS here in Amarillo, because I was interested in seeing how other services operated, and when I had down time, I visited the other service offices.

But keep on with your ignorance, it's kind of entertaining to watch Kaiser Twit.

Hillary is "trusted" only by lying weasels like you. When did you or any other leftist vette her or Obama? Oh, yeah . . . . . that's right . . . . . . never.

Is it possible for you to post anything that doesn't make small children laugh at you?

Hillary was a trusted two time Senator from New York they thought well enough of her to return her to Washington twice. In 2001, she beat Rick Lazio by 55.27 to his 43.01 in other words she kicked his ass and New York loved her.

The only people who trust Hillary are scum like you. New York is infested with your ilk, which is why Hillary could get elected there. She chose her home state well.

That was before they learned the full details of politicos accusations / lies. once they pushed back on Politico, Politico quietly changed its headline and story.

Sorry to hurt your feelings, but the campaign made the statement on Friday long after the original article was published.

The campaign said no such thing. Why don't you post what the campaign actually said rather than some scumbag media flack's characterization of it?

No, you posted some leftwing media scumbag characterization of what the campaign said.

No, you posted some leftwing media scumbag characterization of what the campaign said.

No, I posted an actual campaign statement. It doesn't matter who publishes it, it is still the truth.

Whatever. I have a strong feeling that the lies will continue and undo this man before long...
The LIES just 'un-did' POLITICO! No more credibility....and the Libs have not learned their lesson and will keep coming!
:banana:

"Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson's campaign admitted Friday that the former neurosurgeon fabricated a story about applying to and being accepted at West Point. Carson's campaign made the admission in response to an inquiry from Politico. West Point has no record of Carson applying for admission, Politico said. In Carson's book "Gifted Hands," he says he got a "full scholarship" to the military academy. The Carson campaign has said the Politico story is a lie and is saying the West Point offer was not a formal invitation.

Read the full story: Ben Carson campaign says he never had formal offer from West Point

You can't read the story without paying for the Wall Street Journal, scumbag.

You know who also blamed the video? The guy who led the attacks.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/18/w...egin-to-answer-questions-on-assault.html?_r=1

So you are actually trying to use the 'terrorist' SCAPEGOAT Obama finally managed to 'bring to justice' a year after the attack/murders, the guy Obama claimed he could not find even though he was on tv bragging about the attacks and murders of 4 Americans...the guy we haven't seen or heard about since he was arrested? (Probably already released along with numerous Gitmo terrorists!)

The guy wasn't smart enough, wasn't highly connected enough, to pull off such a huge attack that lasted around 10 - 11 hours. He was a 'toady' and a good scapegoat for Obama. Immediately after the attack Obama and Hillary were calling for the capture and punishment of THE FILM MAKER for daring to exercise his Freedom of Speech, as if that were the reason for the attack or enough to cover up their own incompetence and abandoning Stevens to die!
It is amazing how you people make shit up.

You mean like politico?

Whatever. I have a strong feeling that the lies will continue and undo this man before long...
The LIES just 'un-did' POLITICO! No more credibility....and the Libs have not learned their lesson and will keep coming!

"Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson's campaign admitted Friday that the former neurosurgeon fabricated a story about applying to and being accepted at West Point. Carson's campaign made the admission in response to an inquiry from Politico. West Point has no record of Carson applying for admission, Politico said. In Carson's book "Gifted Hands," he says he got a "full scholarship" to the military academy. The Carson campaign has said the Politico story is a lie and is saying the West Point offer was not a formal invitation.

Read the full story: Ben Carson campaign says he never had formal offer from West Point

Boo Hoo Hoo, get a job red stater.

I know it's Westpoint you ignorant female. However, the application process for both academies is pretty much the same. How do I know? I compared notes with some of the Army guys when I was stationed at the MEPS here in Amarillo, because I was interested in seeing how other services operated, and when I had down time, I visited the other service offices.

But keep on with your ignorance, it's kind of entertaining to watch Kaiser Twit.

West. Point.

Two words, dufus.

No, I posted an actual campaign statement. It doesn't matter who publishes it, it is still the truth.

Nope. Please quote the exact statement.

ROFL! You are heading down the scumbag road full speed ahead, and your stepping harder on the throttle.

ROFL! You are heading down the scumbag road full speed ahead, and your stepping harder on the throttle.

I wonder if you put all this energy into learning how to read, spell and count that you wouldn't have to come here for pity any longer. Think about it.

I wonder if you put all this energy into learning how to read, spell and count that you wouldn't have to come here for pity any longer. Think about it.

So you can't quote the statement.

Which means you're lying.

So you can't quote the statement.

Which means you're lying.

No, since I already posted it it means your mouth is so full of bon bons you are too lazy to look it up yourself.

A. 17yo doesn't get facts accurately about being offered a scholarship....

B. Secretary of State that wants to be President completely FAILED as Secretary of State to the point of allowing 4 Americans to die, told the Turkish PM 'we KNOW it was a terrorist attack / the video had nothing to do with it before lying to the American people, thee person who will be responsible for protecting and defending the Constitution vowed to the grieving families of those she abandoned to die that she would 'bring to justice' the man who exercised his Constitutional Right of Freedom of Speech - who she falsely blamed for the 4 deaths, and being in the middle of an FBI investigation for criminal his-handling of classified information that damaged our national security...

Gee, who is the least trustworthy? Amazingly enough rabid Liberals believe option B is a better presidential choice and that Option A is a bigger threat to our national security and to American lives.

:wtf:
You are distorting. It is something you are reliant on. The Westpoint story on its own has little merit. It is when you add that story to the long list of questionable claims made by Dr. Carson that it becomes relevant. When a pattern of such story-telling arises a pattern appears that indicates a serious concern. Pathological and habitual lying are serious concerns.

"Pathological and habitual lying are serious concerns," but you will happily vote for Hillary. Is that what you're telling us?

Forum List

Back