Political leanings on the USMB Board

It's not just this board, bub.

Those of us who are not Progressives (i.e. ranging from Moderate to Conservative) are not going to be silenced by the hyper Left. Your end of the spectrum has controlled the mainstream media and academia for years - and you begrudge us having a voice.

Tough Shit.

wah wah wah

Honestly.

Does it ever occur to you that your shit stinketh too? As does your level of media control and intolerance?

Wingnuts (whether right or left) are more similar than they are different - they (would that include you?) begrudge others their voices.

So quit the persecution crap.

Ok chief, cite your sources.:D Have fun pouring through my 500 posts to prove that you "know" me.:lol:

I said I have a fair idea where you stand ideology wise, not that I know you personally. :eusa_whistle:

Here's you defending Glenn Beck:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/media/72745-becks-9-12-project-8.html#post1133999

Here's you classifying all Liberals and people who may agree with Obama into one group:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/74032-obama-bows-to-the-saudi-royalty.html#post1160841

And another "interesting" post:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/74017-mr-conservative.html#post1161242

Here's you saying Obama pals around with Castro and Iran's dictator:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/74095-sarkozy-skewers-obama-2.html#post1162970

Not a Fan of Michael Moore:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/90228-capitalistic-rip-off-warning-2.html#post1577875

So my earlier conclusion that you would find more to agree with on MSNBC rather than Fox seems to hold true. I can get more evidence but I think that's more than enough.

:lol:

Don't you dare stop gathering "evidence".:lol: :cuckoo:

Fear not people, I'm not going anywhere, I enjoy the challenge. :)

I was just making some observations.

Isn't it interesting that the majority of the citizenry watch broadcast television which is 100% liberal but they complain about FoxNews. They even went so far as to provide boxes for digital reception of their media outlets and still they fear one little cable network station like it is destroying America.

The same with Talk Radio. There are more cities and towns that don't get the Limbaugh program then do and these people are stuck listening to the propaganda of the left but they complain about the measly 20 million listeners that Limbaugh gets.

And it still isn't enough for them. That they have to actually consider passing legislation to silence that little bit of opposition programing.

Amazing stuff.

Maybe it's because righties always provide links and quote these guys are sources....
You mean like all the quotes I see from ABC affiliates and NBC affiliates and CNN and New York Times and Newsweek, and SF Chronicle and the LA Times and every single left-leaning blog in existence?

Yeah. One FoxNews link is so powerful that it overwhelms the dozens of left wing media links out there.

That was pretty lame. And a poor attempt at changing the subject.

You did manage to make My point for Me though so I owe you one.

Point is, I've seen you post on here since you joined. I've had discussions with you in the past, so I know where you stand on more than one issue. I'm not saying where you stand is a bad thing, I'm just saying I know where.

I may be young, but board age, you're the whippersnapper between the two of us. :D

If anything, this forum has been leaning farther and farther left. With the incessant trolling of the main boards with inane issues filled with talking points straight from the DUh, it has been getting harder and harder to find any real discussion.

I do enjoy reading the various labels though. It makes Me laugh to see people working so hard to pigeonhole themselves as something other then the main parties. It gets so that it is almost impossible to keep up with what flavor of left or what flavor of right anyone seems to be at any given moment. To be honest, that does seem to flow directly from what party is in power at any given time.

The simple truth is. One either believes that government is the end all, be all; or they believe government couldn't wipe its own ass.

Me. I no longer care what others think My leanings are.

Honestly? I think it's been drawing more extremes on both sides. There happen to be more rightys overall right now, but it's becoming less and less representative of the actual voters and everyday people out there and more like a bunch of protesters and counterprotesters screaming slogans at each other. Bound to happen on a political board, but still annoying to post around when the loonies are out in full force.

To Me it has just degenerated into a hate Cheney/Palin/Tea Party website with some anti-Obama rhetoric thrown in for flavoring.

From my vantage point they're at least equal ;) but there are still some good conversations once in a while. Just have to sift through the crap.

If anything, this forum has been leaning farther and farther left. With the incessant trolling of the main boards with inane issues filled with talking points straight from the DUh, it has been getting harder and harder to find any real discussion.

I do enjoy reading the various labels though. It makes Me laugh to see people working so hard to pigeonhole themselves as something other then the main parties. It gets so that it is almost impossible to keep up with what flavor of left or what flavor of right anyone seems to be at any given moment. To be honest, that does seem to flow directly from what party is in power at any given time.

The simple truth is. One either believes that government is the end all, be all; or they believe government couldn't wipe its own ass.

Me. I no longer care what others think My leanings are.

Honestly? I think it's been drawing more extremes on both sides. There happen to be more rightys overall right now, but it's becoming less and less representative of the actual voters and everyday people out there and more like a bunch of protesters and counterprotesters screaming slogans at each other. Bound to happen on a political board, but still annoying to post around when the loonies are out in full force.

To Me it has just degenerated into a hate Cheney/Palin/Tea Party website with some anti-Obama rhetoric thrown in for flavoring.

I think when you look it from a right-tilting perspective, that is what you would see.

A person with a left-tilting perspective sees a lot of Obama bashing with some anti-Tea Party rhetoric.

When you tilt, it skews your perspective....

LOL, I see I started a rather spirited debate, but unfortunately I need to head out.

You all have a good night now!

It would seem that of late, the population of this board has taken a rather pronounced turn to the right.

New members have typically been right-wing oriented, and the posts have taken a decidedly right-wing talking point direction, including much in the way of repetitive spam.

It seems that many of my fellow posters on the left-hand side of things, have found this unpalatable and are posting less and less..

It would be unfortunate to see USMB turn into a right-wing echo chamber, ala Townhall.com.

Perhaps folks on both sides might want to talk about this issue and express their political leanings to see if my assertion has any validity whatsoever.

I, myself, am a leftie.

You needin a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaambalance? :eusa_angel:

Those ratings are not that high...For cable TV sure, but still not that high in the overall state of things..

You don't compare cable ratings to network ratings. And you don't compare cable news ratings to cable cooking shows ratings.

Apples to apples, yes, they are that high.

of course you compare them if you are an advertiser. In the overall scheme of things they are low. Last I saw, something like 2.5%. That means 7.5 million Americans watch the shows and 293.5 million don't. Puts it in perspective, no?

Common misconception. Yer misunderstanding the the ratings and how they work.

2.5% of the current (meaning at that exact time) cable audience is watching the show at the time of the survey. Not 2.5% of the population of America. What this does not mean is that only 2.5% of the cable audience is aware of the show, or 97.5% of the cable audience does not ever watch it.

Think of it this way. Today you watch the show, so you're part of the 2.5%. Tomorrow you don't, so you're not part of it. BUT someone else has taken your place, keeping the rating at around 2.5%. Just because you didn't watch it the second day does not mean that now you're all of a sudden lumped into a group that never watches it. It's a rotation type of thing. Which is why it is so important to have steady ratings, and not wild see-saws. Wild spikes are written off as anomalies.

And yes, a steady 2.5% is pretty damn big for cable shows.

Last edited:
This board has always leaned right of center, in general. Still it is one of the more diverse boards that I have posted on. It is one of the few in which political affiliation is not even considered for staff selection.

i would have to agree, this board is very diverse. i belong to another board that is fairly diverse, though some great lefty members left. there are nutjobs and every board, no matter the size of the board. this board has great posters on both sides of the aisle. though we rarely agree, i like jillian, ravi, goldcatt, and a few others...you see, they have finally accepted that i am always right
:eusa_angel:

Oh, really? :razz:

Doesn't bother me being a member of the minority. The debaters on either side aren't trying to silence other views. The board isn't trying to silence any views. And the poo-flinging hack monkeys aren't worth wasting time on. So who cares?

i care, dammit.

well, not really...
sorry

It's not just this board, bub.

Those of us who are not Progressives (i.e. ranging from Moderate to Conservative) are not going to be silenced by the hyper Left. Your end of the spectrum has controlled the mainstream media and academia for years - and you begrudge us having a voice.

Tough Shit.

Why are you so hostile?? Why can't you righties treat people the way you want to be treated?? You are the ones that always start shit. Always. Nobody said anything to you that would make you respond like that. Grow up.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Point is, I've seen you post on here since you joined. I've had discussions with you in the past, so I know where you stand on more than one issue. I'm not saying where you stand is a bad thing, I'm just saying I know where.

I may be young, but board age, you're the whippersnapper between the two of us. :D

Well thanks for noticing, but I will still advise you to be careful about trying to put me in a box and think you have me all figured out. I promise you'll be disappointed.;)

Well thanks for noticing, but I will still advise you to be careful about trying to put me in a box and think you have me all figured out. I promise you'll be disappointed.;)

But alas, I never said I had you all figured out.

Besides, you're a woman, I'm automatically never going to have you all figured out. :lol:

This board has always leaned right of center, in general. Still it is one of the more diverse boards that I have posted on. It is one of the few in which political affiliation is not even considered for staff selection.

Sure, the moonbat reactionaries here flit erratically under the sublunar orbit and snap at shadows. And so what? They have their right to express their stupidty.

I agree with CW in that this board's policy makers have always fostered debate and have not protected one end of the political spectrum at the expense of the other.

That I agree with. There has been no evidence of USMB moderators doing anything that does not promote diversity.

I was saying that some of the spam posts and the tenor of some of the threads have been turning away some of my fellow lefties, that is all.

it comes in waves. we'll be flooded with *lefties* and then we'll be flooded with *righties*, but the river keeps on rolling regardless.

it comes in waves. we'll be flooded with *lefties* and then we'll be flooded with *righties*, but the river keeps on rolling regardless.

Quite honestly, I think it has to do with whoever has the political control.

When Bush was President, this board had a bigger % of those who lean to the left. After the election of Barack Obama, the opposite has occurred.

The opposition always has more gripes with the current Administration or people in charge of Congress, which is why you always tend to see it reflect on message boards.

But hey, I could be completely wrong. :lol:

Just my two cents. (Which at this point I'm assuming is worth 1.5.)

I think when you look it from a right-tilting perspective, that is what you would see.

A person with a left-tilting perspective sees a lot of Obama bashing with some anti-Tea Party rhetoric.

When you tilt, it skews your perspective....
That would be true but then, I don't tilt. I can, in any given day, find more top level posts (Thread Starts) bashing the right than I can the left. Particularly since there has been an increase of tea party hate threads, and palin threads.

But it doesn't really matter. This forum is what it is. I come here to kill time usually and I've put the worst offenders on My ignore list so I can at least search for something worth discussing.

Haven't had much luck lately, I'll admit.

That would be true but then, I don't tilt. I can, in any given day, find more top level posts (Thread Starts) bashing the right than I can the left. Particularly since there has been an increase of tea party hate threads, and palin threads.

But it doesn't really matter. This forum is what it is. I come here to kill time usually and I've put the worst offenders on My ignore list so I can at least search for something worth discussing.

Haven't had much luck lately, I'll admit.

How about right now?

First page of newest posts, I'm counting roughly 5 threads that "bash the left" compared to 1 thread that "bashes the right".

Your theory doesn't particularly work, probably because it isn't true.

Forum List

Back