Political leanings on the USMB Board

Well thanks for noticing, but I will still advise you to be careful about trying to put me in a box and think you have me all figured out. I promise you'll be disappointed.;)

But alas, I never said I had you all figured out.

Besides, you're a woman, I'm automatically never going to have you all figured out. :lol:

Sounds like you've learned a thing or two about life after all. ;)

It would seem that of late, the population of this board has taken a rather pronounced turn to the right.

New members have typically been right-wing oriented, and the posts have taken a decidedly right-wing talking point direction, including much in the way of repetitive spam.

It seems that many of my fellow posters on the left-hand side of things, have found this unpalatable and are posting less and less..

It would be unfortunate to see USMB turn into a right-wing echo chamber, ala Townhall.com.

Perhaps folks on both sides might want to talk about this issue and express their political leanings to see if my assertion has any validity whatsoever.

I, myself, am a leftie.

Gotta be honest here, when I became a member, it seemed more like a right leaning board. For the record, it's why I joined....I'm on the right side.

I find it odd that you are concerned that your left leaning fellow posters are posting less due to the influx of righties coming to join the conversation. I also think it's funny that you call the input from the right as mere talking points and reflecting no individual thought. We all use discussion points to start conversations, debates and full-on arguments. Please don't play the division card like that.

I have asked several times and never gotten a straight answer, so I'll ask again since it seems to be the subject...What is your definition (not Webster's) of "TALKING POINT"?

You should welcome the opposite viewpoints...it gives you something to talk about. Otherwise it's just a leftist echo chamber talking about the things that Obama has yet to achieve.

That would be true but then, I don't tilt. I can, in any given day, find more top level posts (Thread Starts) bashing the right than I can the left. Particularly since there has been an increase of tea party hate threads, and palin threads.

But it doesn't really matter. This forum is what it is. I come here to kill time usually and I've put the worst offenders on My ignore list so I can at least search for something worth discussing.

Haven't had much luck lately, I'll admit.

How about right now?

First page of newest posts, I'm counting roughly 5 threads that "bash the left" compared to 1 thread that "bashes the right".

Your theory doesn't particularly work, probably because it isn't true.

That's another thing that depends on point of view. There are people on this board who firmly believe Fascism is a leftist ideology and anybody who isn't a flower throwing hippie is a wingnut Republican. When you can't agree on definitions, the rest is practically meaningless.

That would be true but then, I don't tilt. I can, in any given day, find more top level posts (Thread Starts) bashing the right than I can the left. Particularly since there has been an increase of tea party hate threads, and palin threads.

But it doesn't really matter. This forum is what it is. I come here to kill time usually and I've put the worst offenders on My ignore list so I can at least search for something worth discussing.

Haven't had much luck lately, I'll admit.

How about right now?

First page of newest posts, I'm counting roughly 5 threads that "bash the left" compared to 1 thread that "bashes the right".

That's another thing that depends on point of view. There are people on this board who firmly believe Fascism is a leftist ideology and anybody who isn't a flower throwing hippie is a wingnut Republican. When you can't agree on definitions, the rest is practically meaningless.

i've been accused of favoring the right wingnuts by the left wingnuts and vice versa.
political labels have long since lost any sort of meaning.

a neocon is a progressive is a libtard is a fascist is a reactionary is a commie.

i just look at the points people raise and go from there.

How about right now?

i've been accused of favoring the right wingnuts by the left wingnuts and vice versa.

a neocon is a progressive is a libtard is a fascist is a reactionary is a commie.

why do you hate stupid people?

:eek:

Those ratings are not that high...For cable TV sure, but still not that high in the overall state of things..

You don't compare cable ratings to network ratings. And you don't compare cable news ratings to cable cooking shows ratings.

Apples to apples, yes, they are that high.

Isn't it interesting that the majority of the citizenry watch broadcast television which is 100% liberal but they complain about FoxNews. They even went so far as to provide boxes for digital reception of their media outlets and still they fear one little cable network station like it is destroying America.

"Broadcst television" isn't 100% liberal.

The equivelent to Fox is MSNBC.

The same with Talk Radio. There are more cities and towns that don't get the Limbaugh program then do and these people are stuck listening to the propaganda of the left but they complain about the measly 20 million listeners that Limbaugh gets.

Balony.

WHAT propaganda? What radio shows offer the leftwing version of Limbaugh type formats which are radical right? A few, I'm sure and I'm sure they are just as trashy and innaccurate and full of hate mongering as Limbaugh, but I bet there aren't many.

And it still isn't enough for them. That they have to actually consider passing legislation to silence that little bit of opposition programing.

Amazing stuff.

You simultaneously claim to be a majority (we are a "right of center nation") while seeking minority status for persecution purposes.

I've come to the conclusion that rightwingers of a certain type just plain LIKE to feel persecuted. They are so desperate that they bring up a minority (and quickly silenced) attempt to bring back the fairness doctrine. What would you do if you couldn't find something to make you feel persecuted?

Make up stuff I suppose. Oh wait...you already do.

Last edited:

i need the practice.

i need the practice.

what? the tool from CPCS was not practice enough? :eusa_shhh:

carry on

I'm afraid some folks have misinterpreted my intent.

Perhaps my post was badly written.

You see, I appreciate the wide range of ideas expressed on this board, and I like this board quite a bit more than other boards I have been on.

The issue I was trying to get at is that, lately, there has been a more partisan leaning to the right on the board, and the trend seems to be growing.

I was expressing how I would feel it would be a shame if this board became another TownHall.com, where there is only one point of view expressed.

Well excuse my earlier outburst.

Perhaps what's happening is more and more people are becoming aware that something isn't quite right in Denmark.

Watching Obama and the Democratic leadership every day is beginning to give everyone an unsettled feeling...a sour stomach so to speak.

It would seem that of late, the population of this board has taken a rather pronounced turn to the right.

:eusa_eh:
It seems that many of my fellow posters on the left-hand side of things, have found this unpalatable and are posting less and less..

I hear you can get a great Leftist circle jerk over at Democratic Underground
It would be unfortunate to see USMB turn into a right-wing echo chamber, ala Townhall.com.

USMB always struck me more like a real town hall- you know, with paid morons shouting down anyone who tries to make a point.
Perhaps folks on both sides might want to talk about this issue and express their political leanings to see if my assertion has any validity whatsoever.

Or you could stfu and eat a dick :)

Much love,
Pro

This board has always leaned right of center, in general. Still it is one of the more diverse boards that I have posted on. It is one of the few in which political affiliation is not even considered for staff selection.
Nor general competence :tongue: :tomato: :eek: :scared1:

Sure, the moonbat reactionaries here flit erratically under the sublunar orbit and snap at shadows. And so what? They have their right to express their stupidty.

I agree with CW in that this board's policy makers have always fostered debate and have not protected one end of the political spectrum at the expense of the other.

That I agree with. There has been no evidence of USMB moderators doing anything that does not promote diversity.

I was saying that some of the spam posts and the tenor of some of the threads have been turning away some of my fellow lefties, that is all.

it comes in waves. we'll be flooded with *lefties* and then we'll be flooded with *righties*, but the river keeps on rolling regardless.

Given all the flooding....dontcha think it's time to bury some of the bodies? :eusa_eh:

It's not just this board, bub.

Those of us who are not Progressives (i.e. ranging from Moderate to Conservative) are not going to be silenced by the hyper Left. Your end of the spectrum has controlled the mainstream media and academia for years - and you begrudge us having a voice.

Tough Shit.

LOL. We do not begrudge you your voice. After all, your voice has been Limpbaugh and Beck for a long time.

As far as the acedemia being left wing, well, they are the smartest of us.:lol:

As far as the mainstream media is concerned, most of what they write, anyone of any intellect at all on either side of the aisle should ignore. After all, how much of the antics of Paris Hilton, et al. do you care to know about.

The simple truth is. One either believes that government is the end all, be all; or they believe government couldn't wipe its own ass.

Me. I no longer care what others think My leanings are.

The above is one of the more ignorant statements of the day. But it has its place. . . representative of a non-thinking comment.

The simple truth is. One either believes that government is the end all, be all; or they believe government couldn't wipe its own ass.

The above is one of the more ignorant statements of the day. But it has its place. . . representative of a non-thinking comment.

and r u 2 stupid to link back to where the comment comes from?

need help?

and r u 2 stupid to link back to where the comment comes from?

need help?

Why? The comment of the poster stood on its own. Look it up if you want. I wonder if you are best ignored as some have counseled. I will have to see.

JFK used bribe money to win the West Virgina primary.

check these facts: JFK and Dems stole Chicago, the GOP and Nixon stole areas of Illinois and a few other places.

ever wonder why Nixon or the GOP never contested things?

:lol:

fuckin' fool. the system is not perfect and buying votes is as old as the Republic itself. It's an American tradition.

:lol:

Forum List

Back