Should Either Political Side in the U.S. Object to this Statement by Trump, Re: Tarrifs on Companies that send Jobs out of the Country?

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas

Tax companies who layoff Americans to move their jobs to other countries whose workers are less expensive due to their standard of living being so much lower. Tax them on goods they turn around to sell back to Americans, that is.

It seems that both political sides would support that. But, maybe I'm missing something. If you have a legitimate objection to the idea, I'd love to read it and discuss it.

Thanks!

Tax companies who layoff Americans to move their jobs to other countries whose workers are less expensive due to their standard of living being so much lower. Tax them on goods they turn around to sell back to Americans, that is.

It seems that both political sides would support that. But, maybe I'm missing something. If you have a legitimate objection to the idea, I'd love to read it and discuss it.

Thanks!

I'm ok with it, but republicans would never allow it to happen.

Thanks!

No objection at all to the simple part of that debate. Acme Inc of Elkhart Indiana moves their widget factory to Chad and exports items to the US. They should pay a tax.

But you have to be smart about it in my view. If you want to put a tariff on widgets like pocket combs...good idea. If you want to put a tariff on components that fit inside other devices (think of transistors for radios just for an easy example), that is more complicated. Assembly lines may shut down waiting for a key part that is now being exported by Acme to Korea instead of the US because they make more money doing that.

Thanks!

Tarriffs are not a free hit. The other guy can impose his own tarriff.

• Fact
Reactions: IM2
1703596253076.png

1703596270695.png

1703596340784.png

1703596394055.png

There is a word for someone that says one thing and does another.

It's on the tip of my tongue.

Almost had it.

Can anyone help?

WW

hypocrite. Now you know why I'm a Nikki supporter. She beats Biden by the biggest margin. Hope she has coat-tails.

AH...

..... ..... ..... That's it.

..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... Knew someone would help.
Maybe I should have use my...

Sarcasm Warning.jpg

:rofl:

WW

Thanks!

Talk is cheap. Why didn't Trump do it when he and the republicans completely controlled the federal government.

Just sayin'

Note Trump is talking about replacing Obamacare again. Like it was so easy the first time.

AH...
..... ..... ..... That's it.
..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... Knew someone would help

WW
Trump is in "just win baby" mode.
Telling voters what he needs to to get their votes.
Its about fucking time he learns the political game.

Speaking of hypocrites, how about those Bidens?
whining about the rich paying their "fair share" while the DOJ lets their tax charges expire.
Not to mention their selling influence to US adversaries.
Who knows what that "spy balloon" seeded the US with?
I hope you aren't planning to vote for "too old Joe"??????

Last edited:
If trump said it libs will do the opposite

They would rather put Americans out of work than agree with him on anything
Political parties are the downfall of our country. Those folks are out of touch with the average American.

Forum List

Back