Political leanings on the USMB Board

Well if that sums up your "educated" opinion, then boy, you got robbed.:lol:

Fox News is no different than MSNBC, they spin their side's political agenda for ratings and advertisements. You need to catch up if you don't think that's true.

It doesn't sum up my opinion on the subject either. I'm just not going to bother and try to have a legitimate conversation with you when you don't want to have one. You just want to talk about how Fox News is "fair and balanced."
I can tell when Fakes News' --and even the decidedly lefty CNN's-- reporting of events ends and the opinion begins.

That's not at all the case on DNCNBC.

You're wrong.

Yup, many on the left don't need talking points and bullshit to confirm our opinions and beliefs, we rely on facts....:ducks: :lol:

Wrong again, on the reverse side of the argument.

then how is the one blaringly conservative news station such as fox get such high ratings? WHy Rush and company get such high ratings? many conservatives seem to hear what they already believe. Those guys spout what they know their audience wants to hear, regardless of how stupid the argument they are making is.

Thank you Cecilie1200. It's also telling that Dogbert tells people who don't agree with him to shut up. Very typical progressive academia.

You are a idiot. Plain and simple. I'm telling you to shut up about me for your own sake because you keep talking about me as if you know me.

Again.

4423152179_4d6a4682a1_o.jpg

I'm getting an image of what you're like in real life.

So, whatever you say, Henery Hawk. Knock yourself out.

Again, more talk from you as if you know me. My personality on here could be completely different outside of USMB.

But keep going, please, keep showing your true colors. You can't even keep up on the topic for too many posts without trying to divert to personal attacks yourself. After you cried and said I was doing the same to you.

Hilarious.

Here's a clue, little one. Embracing YOUR speech is not "embracing free speech". This is akin to me saying, "They aren't sexist. They LGVE women!" cr "They aren't racist. Theu LOVE white people!" There's a whole 'nother side out there that you aren't on which is being suppressed.

If I can interrupt your regularly scheduled del}sion with some zeality for just/a moment, stuhies show that 9:% of registermd voters among `iberal arts pronessors at schoods such as Harvard or Cornell are Democrats or Green Party, with 86% at large state schools like the University of Texas or Penn State. So don't piss on our legs and tell us it's raining, and don't tell us that colleges "embrace free speech" with that sort of lopsidedness.

And that's just the faculty. That doesn't even BEGIN to get into those hallmarks of "free speech" among the student body known as "college speech codes", or numerous incidents of vandalism involving the burning of college Republican newspapers, or harassment of conservative student groups.

Harassment of Republican newspapers and Conservative student groups? I think you're taking a VERY small number of incidents and turning them into the majority. There is a Republican group here at the college, they are given the same amount of right and space every beginning of each semester to show people why they should join their club.

Again, what you have is what you read in your biased papers, I live it. If you want to keep YOUR delusions, be my guest.

Colleges embrace free speech. I've taken more than a few classes already that involve politics in one way or another, and the professors never tried to impart their political ideology onto us.

So don't try and piss on me and tell me that it's rain. You have no idea what goes on college campuses, so don't try and tell me what goes on.

Arguing with a pissant like the Cesspit is like arguing with a brick wall, although the brick wall would make more sense..

Ask the fat-fuck, trailer trash for a link to its figures. It won't show you....trust me..

Link? Source? Didn't you know? If it's on the internet, it isn't "scholarship". :rofl:

Just ignore her and she'll pass out soon enough.

I'm getting an image of what you're like in real life.

So, whatever you say, Henery Hawk. Knock yourself out.

Again, more talk from you as if you know me. My personality on here could be completely different outside of USMB.

But keep going, please, keep showing your true colors. You can't even keep up on the topic for too many posts without trying to divert to personal attacks yourself. After you cried and said I was doing the same to you.

Hilarious.

And you have the gall to think you know anything about me and to tell me to shut up.

ROFLMAO!

Watch a small child faced with something out of the ordinary and soon you'll see a reaction, maybe just a turning away, or a running away, often a cry and a look somewhere for comfort. As children we are all conservative - for the unknown, for the different, can be scary. Some of us grow up, and we accept the basic complexity, ambiguity, and confusion of life. Tragedy too. And hopefully we want it to be better.

"It is in the admission of ignorance and the admission of uncertainty that there is a hope for the continuous motion of human beings in some direction that doesn't get confined, permanently blocked, as it has so many times before in various periods in the history of man." *

For others, change is hard, conservatism is simply reactive emotion. I've never had a conservative tell me something conservatism has done for the nation. It is simply a holding back on what is, and sometimes that may be OK, but certainly not always. Exploration and change scares the soul of conservatives.

I am reading Manchester's 'the power and the glory,' (it is long, so you may hear this often) and it so parallels today, it just amazes me. The corporations, business, republicans, conservatives over 80 years ago are the same as today. FDR was a one term president, a commie, un-American and on and on and on. Even Beck is there as Father Coughlin.

One true thing you can say for conservatives and others who hide behind other labels such as libertarian or independent (not all independents) is they haven't changed much in forever... That is one reason I post less today, it's the same old story a tale of love and glory....as the world turns.....life is just too short to always blame others for the evolution of society to some other place....

'I think, watch and babble' One of my favorites, always worth the time. Joe on Ideology.

"So I try to write about irreducible human experience or observations (or just plain emotion, the value and importance of which has been vastly underestimated, completely discarded in fact, thanks to the worship of science and supposed rationality -- much the same as the power of free will has been vastly overstated, so that the captive masses can entertain the illusion of freedom). To the degree that I do contrive toward persuasion, I do so by using disarmingly plain language. But I don't try to sway readers. I really don't. I am simply an irrepressible loudmouth. The power of persuasion is what has gotten us into this mess, and besides, there are just too many screaming voices in this workhouse nation already."

Joe Bageant: Ideology discussions have been demonized

Maybe it's all in our heads! http://www.psych.nyu.edu/amodiolab/Amodio et al. (2007) Nature Neuro.pdf

"Political scientists and psychologists have noted that, on average, conservatives show more structured and persistent cognitive styles, whereas liberals are more responsive to informational complexity, ambiguity and novelty. We tested the hypothesis that these profiles relate to differences in general neurocognitive functioning using event-related potentials, and found that greater liberalism was associated with stronger conflict-related anterior cingulate activity, suggesting greater neurocognitive sensitivity to cues for altering a habitual response pattern."

*Richard Feynman

PS MSM is conservative through and through and Academia is a mixed bag, Conservatives, please face it, the issues you hate are mostly in your mind.

Well if that sums up your "educated" opinion, then boy, you got robbed.:lol:

Fox News is no different than MSNBC, they spin their side's political agenda for ratings and advertisements. You need to catch up if you don't think that's true.

It doesn't sum up my opinion on the subject either. I'm just not going to bother and try to have a legitimate conversation with you when you don't want to have one. You just want to talk about how Fox News is "fair and balanced."

Lies and ignorance!!:lol:

You're coming off as a big time titty baby. Slow down, quit getting caught up in the sound of your own brain working overtime to prove how special you are, and fucking read for comprehension.

Yup, many on the left don't need talking points and bullshit to confirm our opinions and beliefs, we rely on facts....:ducks: :lol:

then how is the one blaringly conservative news station such as fox get such high ratings? WHy Rush and company get such high ratings? many conservatives seem to hear what they already believe. Those guys spout what they know their audience wants to hear, regardless of how stupid the argument they are making is.
If so many people want to hear far left wackaloons, like Al Frankenstein and Keith Olbertwit, why is it that they can't draw flies for advertisers?

And you have the gall to think you know anything about me and to tell me to shut up.

ROFLMAO!

Care to show me in my posts where I judged you on anything but your posts?

YOU judged me based on the fact I was in college. Remember that.

I'll be waiting for your evidence. A long time at that.

I'm trying to help you by having you not make such a fool of yourself as if you know me. I've been on here a year and a half now roughly. You may want to listen to those on here who know me rather than make baseless assumptions.

Last edited:
Harassment of Republican newspapers and Conservative student groups? I think you're taking a VERY small number of incidents and turning them into the majority. There is a Republican group here at the college, they are given the same amount of right and space every beginning of each semester to show people why they should join their club.

Again, what you have is what you read in your biased papers, I live it. If you want to keep YOUR delusions, be my guest.

Colleges embrace free speech. I've taken more than a few classes already that involve politics in one way or another, and the professors never tried to impart their political ideology onto us.

So don't try and piss on me and tell me that it's rain. You have no idea what goes on college campuses, so don't try and tell me what goes on.

Arguing with a pissant like the Cesspit is like arguing with a brick wall, although the brick wall would make more sense..

Ask the fat-fuck, trailer trash for a link to its figures. It won't show you....trust me..

Link? Source? Didn't you know? If it's on the internet, it isn't "scholarship". :rofl:

Just ignore her and she'll pass out soon enough.

I have it on ignore. Have done for some time. Take it off on occasion when it pollutes a thread I'm on....Should know better...

DB,

I'm not going to do your homework for you, junior.

*helpfully*

boe

Those ratings are not that high...For cable TV sure, but still not that high in the overall state of things..

You're coming off as a big time titty baby. Slow down, quit getting caught up in the sound of your own brain working overtime to prove how special you are, and fucking read for comprehension.

You're making assumptions that are not even half true. Fox News is no better at telling the truth than MSNBC. Just because they offer a right wing POV that makes you happy, doesn't make them a good news station.

They are good at getting ratings because they tell people like you and others of the same ideology exactly what you want to hear. Glenn Beck is a master of this, the man deserves a oscar for his performance.

Those ratings are not that high...For cable TV sure, but still not that high in the overall state of things..
well, compared to other news and political stations is what I meant.

I'm not asking you to do my homework, I'm asking you to back up your statements.

See, in college, sometimes we call this citing your sources.

I'm not going to reread your tripe and repost your insults.

Jess ain't a gonna happen, Junior.

I'm not going to reread your tripe and repost your insults.

Jess ain't a gonna happen, Junior.

If it was such tripe, why did you bother to read it in the first place?

Now you're attacking my age as well?

It's hilarious how short of time it took for you to turn out to be a complete hypocrite.

You're making assumptions that are not even half true. Fox News is no better at telling the truth than MSNBC. Just because they offer a right wing POV that makes you happy, doesn't make them a good news station.

They are good at getting ratings because they tell people like you and others of the same ideology exactly what you want to hear. Glenn Beck is a master of this, the man deserves a oscar for his performance.

You're the one making assumptions. I never claimed FOX was "better". Sweetie, don't show yourself to be a hyprocrite and do to me what you're accusing others of doing to you. You don't have a fucking clue what makes me happy or what my ideology is. Now be a big boy and go wipe your snotty nose.:lol:

Forum List

Back