Political history being re wrote as we watch

I agree. It is SOP for the left. What is sad is the millions that voted for Obama on this crap

Well Obama is stuck with having to defend his record of a fragile economy that has only gotten worse, since he has been President. However, that's another thread entirely.

Hogwash. The economy was in freefall in Jan 2009. Since Obama became president it stopped the freefall and began to grow slowly. But with the obstructionist in Congress seeking a "Waterloo" moment for President we could be headed for that double dip.

Boo the private sector had much to do with the economy. What you miss is Obama has done nothing but spend 4 trillion dollars we dont have to fix it (and add a few regualtions we did not need)
GWB had no more to do with the free fall of the econmy that Obama did. In 2001 with the Clinton recession followed by 9-11 followed by Enron GWB had the economy turned back around by 2003
Thats the issue Boo

I agree. It is SOP for the left. What is sad is the millions that voted for Obama on this crap

Well Obama is stuck with having to defend his record of a fragile economy that has only gotten worse, since he has been President. However, that's another thread entirely.

Hogwash. The economy was in freefall in Jan 2009. Since Obama became president it stopped the freefall and began to grow slowly. But with the obstructionist in Congress seeking a "Waterloo" moment for President we could be headed for that double dip.

Every true American from left to right knows what you write is God's truth, boo.

The neo-con right wing progressive imperialists nearly destroyed us by January of 2009 (Bush and his vetoes peg him as a droid), the Tea Party tried it again this summer, but the good guys and gals from left through center to right are going to put paid to the bad boys and girls. Their time is coming swifly when they face justice.

Every true American from left to right knows what you write is God's truth, boo.

The neo-con right wing progressive imperialists nearly destroyed us by January of 2009 (Bush and his vetoes peg him as a droid), the Tea Party tried it again this summer, but the good guys and gals from left through center to right are going to put paid to the bad boys and girls. Their time is coming swifly when they face justice.

Jake the Dems took over congress in 2007

Bush's veotes, JRKdroid, Bush's vetoes.

Read everything, and you might start catching on.

every nation that has a Saddam and is stupid enough to give the world a reason to put the mandates on them the UN did after Kuwait
sure

The US congress gave the order also. I just provided for you dem. congressmen made the same conclusions on the intel we had as GWB
By the way, why did you ignore that

As stated before Congress cannot order the military to do anything. Furthermore Congess did not get the same breifing in Sept 2002 by the head of the CIA that said we had credible evidence that Saddam has no WMD programs.

Congress cannot do what?

UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION
Section 8 - Powers of Congress
The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

To establish Post Offices and Post Roads;

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;

To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offenses against the Law of Nations;

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings; And

To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

Yes Blindboo, Congress has authoritative power to allow for the use of the military. The Executive Branch must go before Congress with regard to a Declaration of War and allowance of military forces. The United States military itself has no power to refute the actions of Congress.

::Yawn:: Congress cannot order the military to do anything, that power is held by the Commander in Chief, period. Furthermore, the constitutionality of the War Powers Act has yet to be decided by the Supreme Court.

In 2002 Congress made it's decision to give thge President the power to decide based on incomplete data. The Head of the CIA did not provide Congress with the same data he provided the President. Still I consider thier vote on Iraq an abdication of their Consitutional Duty. They are a disgrace.

He has to JRK, JakeStarkey hasn't shown that he can do much of anything else on this thread. Just look at what his replies has been for just the past 12 pages alone, that's all the proof you ever need.

I think your statement qualifies for the re-wrote thread.

On March 9, 2009, the Dow closed at 6547

Today it is at 11,775.

More re-wrotes debunked.

As stated before Congress cannot order the military to do anything. Furthermore Congess did not get the same breifing in Sept 2002 by the head of the CIA that said we had credible evidence that Saddam has no WMD programs.

Congress cannot do what?

UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION
Section 8 - Powers of Congress
The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

To establish Post Offices and Post Roads;

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;

To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offenses against the Law of Nations;

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings; And

To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

Yes Blindboo, Congress has authoritative power to allow for the use of the military. The Executive Branch must go before Congress with regard to a Declaration of War and allowance of military forces. The United States military itself has no power to refute the actions of Congress.

::Yawn:: Congress cannot order the military to do anything, that power is held by the Commander in Chief, period. Furthermore, the constitutionality of the War Powers Act has yet to be decided by the Supreme Court.

In 2002 Congress made it's decision to give thge President the power to decide based on incomplete data. The Head of the CIA did not provide Congress with the same data he provided the President. Still I consider thier vote on Iraq an abdication of their Consitutional Duty. They are a disgrace.

You keep making that claim about congress and cannot back it up, stop it or back it up Boo

Congress cannot do what?

You keep making that claim about congress and cannot back it up, stop it or back it up Boo

Congress provides for but can not order the military to do anything. It's in the Constitution.

The Congress has no command authority over the military, none. It may declare war, it may approve the President's flag officer lists, it may give or withhold finances, etc. But it may not command the military to do anything.

JRK is merely a very poorly educated right wing progressive neo-con who cannot argue his points well at all.

Congress provides for but can not order the military to do anything. It's in the Constitution.

Boo you have stated many times that GWB fought an illegal war, so what your saying is the president can go to war without congress approving?
Where is your link?

Whether a Congress declares war or not or authorizes force or not has nothing to do with the legality of the US in the war.

That is determined by international law and treaty. So, yes, GWB went to war illegally.

Whether a Congress declares war or not or authorizes force or not has nothing to do with the legality of the US in the war.

That is determined by international law and treaty. So, yes, GWB went to war illegally.

that was de bunked some time ago and where is the warrent

Boo you have stated many times that GWB fought an illegal war, so what your saying is the president can go to war without congress approving?
Where is your link?

However immoral, ill advised and strategically blunderous the war was, I have specifically refrained from calling it illegal. I also believe it violated the spirit of the UN's charter. I also happen to believe that the UN will do nothing about it either.

Yep the President can put troops anywhere in the world without Congressional approval. One doesn't need a link for something so obvious. Why do you think Congress overrode a Presidential Veto to pass the War Powers Act of 1973?

Perhaps you could provide a link that says otherwise?

Boo it is not me who have those claims, you know when I do I attach a link so this dow not happen

that was de bunked some time ago and where is the warrent

Not at all. But as an exercise, explain why most of the senior Bushies never travel to Europe. A refusal to answer will be taken as affirmative silence that you admit they can't travel for fear of arrest for war crimes.

Boo it is not me who have those claims, you know when I do I attach a link so this dow not happen

It was you who claimed I called the Iraq invasion and occupation illegal. Furthermore you seem to lack an of understanding our history with regards to Presidential power.

It was you who claimed I called the Iraq invasion and occupation illegal. Furthermore you seem to lack an of understanding our history with regards to Presidential power.

So your saying the Iraq war was legal?
And as far as presidental power, That is a subject that I do not recall stating that the Iraq war was illegal

So your saying the Iraq war was legal?
And as far as presidental power, That is a subject that I do not recall stating that the Iraq war was illegal

I always have to wonder about the motives behind someone who starts out by saying "So your saying......"

I stand by my previous posts. You claimed I have at several times called the war illegal. I have not. I've have alot of opinions against the invasion and occupation. That is was illegal under US law is not one of them. The President can order troops into combat anywhere at anytime. He is however, restricted by the War Powers Act of 1973. He must notify Congress in 48 hrs and must have their approval within 60 day or start bringing them home.

If you need a link to verify that, look it up yourself.

I will say that the Bush senior leaders are subject to arrest for war crimes against humanity. Yes, a Congressional authorization of force does not remove responsibility for decisions, anymore than withdrawal from international treaties and agreements removes leaders from international trials and tribunals for war crimes.

Yes, American leaders can be held culpable for crimes that violate international standards and treaties.

I will say that the Bush senior leaders are subject to arrest for war crimes against humanity. Yes, a Congressional authorization of force does not remove responsibility for decisions, anymore than withdrawal from international treaties and agreements removes leaders from international trials and tribunals for war crimes.

Yes, American leaders can be held culpable for crimes that violate international standards and treaties.

Perhaps JR can expalin why President Bush cancelled his trip to Switzerland earlier this year?

Forum List

Back