Political history being re wrote as we watch

Perhaps JRK can show a long, extensive list of senior bushie visits to Europe since 2009?

I will say that the Bush senior leaders are subject to arrest for war crimes against humanity. Yes, a Congressional authorization of force does not remove responsibility for decisions, anymore than withdrawal from international treaties and agreements removes leaders from international trials and tribunals for war crimes.

Yes, American leaders can be held culpable for crimes that violate international standards and treaties.

Perhaps JR can expalin why President Bush cancelled his trip to Switzerland earlier this year?

Imagine the busy day at the Swiss court when Julian Assange and George Bush are both scheduled to appear!

I will say that the Bush senior leaders are subject to arrest for war crimes against humanity. Yes, a Congressional authorization of force does not remove responsibility for decisions, anymore than withdrawal from international treaties and agreements removes leaders from international trials and tribunals for war crimes.

Yes, American leaders can be held culpable for crimes that violate international standards and treaties.

Perhaps JR can expalin why President Bush cancelled his trip to Switzerland earlier this year?

Imagine the busy day at the Swiss court when Julian Assange and George Bush are both scheduled to appear!

War crimes?
Ok guys what about the 50 other countries that went with us?
HMMMMMM?
you think that America was the only country that was involved in this?

Association in crime ipso facto does not delimit crime, JRK.

Why are you so afraid of the truth?

And if all 50 were engaged in combat, combat support, or combat service support, then, yes, those regiemes can be charged with war crimes as well.

I agree. It is SOP for the left. What is sad is the millions that voted for Obama on this crap

Well Obama is stuck with having to defend his record of a fragile economy that has only gotten worse, since he has been President. However, that's another thread entirely.

Hogwash. The economy was in freefall in Jan 2009. Since Obama became president it stopped the freefall and began to grow slowly. But with the obstructionist in Congress seeking a "Waterloo" moment for President we could be headed for that double dip.

The unemployment rate jumped to 10% following the $787 Billion Stimulus Bill. How exactly is that stopping a freefall? If the Democrats were REALLY concerned about the economy, they wouldn't have placed "job creation" on the back burner while Nancy Pelosi-Reed and Obama spent MONTHS switching to push ObamaCare. Don't give me this obstructionist CRAP!
That's 100% pure :bsflag:

Well Obama is stuck with having to defend his record of a fragile economy that has only gotten worse, since he has been President. However, that's another thread entirely.

Hogwash. The economy was in freefall in Jan 2009. Since Obama became president it stopped the freefall and began to grow slowly. But with the obstructionist in Congress seeking a "Waterloo" moment for President we could be headed for that double dip.

The unemployment rate jumped to 10% following the $787 Billion Stimulus Bill. How exactly is that stopping a freefall? If the Democrats were REALLY concerned about the economy, they wouldn't have placed "job creation" on the back burner while Nancy Pelosi-Reed and Obama spent MONTHS switching to push ObamaCare. Don't give me this obstructionist CRAP!
That's 100% pure :bsflag:

do not forget the 80 billion the UAW got from tarp, we got about 14-20 of that back. The tax payer fot the shaft on that deal

::Yawn:: Congress cannot order the military to do anything, that power is held by the Commander in Chief, period. Furthermore, the constitutionality of the War Powers Act has yet to be decided by the Supreme Court.

In 2002 Congress made it's decision to give thge President the power to decide based on incomplete data. The Head of the CIA did not provide Congress with the same data he provided the President. Still I consider thier vote on Iraq an abdication of their Consitutional Duty. They are a disgrace.

You keep making that claim about congress and cannot back it up, stop it or back it up Boo

Congress provides for but can not order the military to do anything. It's in the Constitution.

Constitutional Deligated Powers 101 -- Today's lesson: 'Presidential Authority of Armed Forces'.
The President can NOT declare war without FIRST getting an approval from Congress to do so, as written under the United States Constitution. The president can not Declare War unilaterally, as you appear to believe. The Constitution doesn't give him that kind of authority. Period.
Bill Text - 107th Congress (2001-2002) - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

Under the War Powers resolution of 1973: The president MUST inform Congress within 48 hrs of using military forces, and forbids them from remaining any longer than 60 days unless a Declaration of War request is made through Congress.

"The President can send U.S. armed forces into action abroad only by authorization of Congress or in case of "a national emergency created by attack upon the United States, its territories or possessions, or its armed forces."

Last edited:
You keep making that claim about congress and cannot back it up, stop it or back it up Boo

Congress provides for but can not order the military to do anything. It's in the Constitution.

Constitutional Deligated Powers 101 -- Today's lesson: 'Presidential Authority of Armed Forces'.
The President can NOT declare war without FIRST getting an approval from Congress to do so, as written under the United States Constitution. The president can not Declare War unilaterally, as you appear to believe. The Constitution doesn't give him that kind of authority. Period.

Under the War Powers resolution of 1973: The president MUST inform Congress within 48 hrs of using military forces, and forbids them from remaining any longer than 60 days unless a Declaration of War request is made through Congress.

"The President can send U.S. armed forces into action abroad only by authorization of Congress or in case of "a national emergency created by attack upon the United States, its territories or possessions, or its armed forces."

Jake, Boo and ibd claim that GWB is going to be arrested for war crimes if he leaves the US. I have asked them for links as well as what about the 45-50 other leaders that supported out invasion.

You are a great addition to this message board, there are times I felt like I was the only one with any common sense. This country has some how got to find its moral compass, I do not understand how any-one could support any-one based on out right lies

Last edited:

Jake, Boo and ibd claim that GWB is going to be arrested for war crimes if he leaves the US. I have asked them for links as well as what about the 45-50 other leaders that supported out invasion.

You are a great addition to this message board, there are times I felt like I was the only one with any common sense. This country has some how got to find its moral compass, I do not understand how any-one could support any-one based on out right lies

Talking about outright lies...please point out where I claimed that Bush is going to be arrested for war crimes.

The fact President George W. Bush's aggressive terrorism policies against muslium extremists aren't very popular with some nations, doesn't prove a thing. Even his own father, President George H.W. Bush, had threats that prevented him from traveling overseas. That in itself doesn't prove a thing BlindBoo, nothing. All I've seen thus far is opinion. Please back up your statement with supported FACTS!

I want to see [through "links"] these illegal war crimes, with drawn up accusation charges, connecting President George W Bush to specific violations under the United Nations! Any further ramblings and grumblings from you or JakeStarkey without any documented links as proof is just a complete waste of my time, and just proof of more empty liberal drivel.

Talking about outright lies...please point out where I claimed that Bush is going to be arrested for war crimes.

"Imagine the busy day at the Swiss court when Julian Assange and George Bush are both scheduled to appear!"
those are your words idb, I have told you many times you think this message board is a joke. i am not sure what one was to take from this, you want to explain?

Last edited:

"Imagine the busy day at the Swiss court when Julian Assange and George Bush are both scheduled to appear!"
those are your words idb, I have told you many times you think this message board is a joke. i am not sure what one was to take from this, you want to explain?

You really are an earnest and joyless wee troll aren't you?

Never said the president has the power Declare War. He can't. However he can send the troops into combat without Congressional appoval. For example, President Clinton could have ordered an attack on bin Ladens ' stronghold in Afghanistan after Oct 12, 2000 with the full might of the US Military without authorization from Congress.

The US launched military invasions of Grenada and Panama without any Congressional authorization. Get a history book and educate yourself.

Raygun even bombed Lybia without Congressional authorization.

Not really, In fact I am doing pretty good. Keep coming up short on my trades, making money, but leaving allot on the screen
As far as a trll goes? its a message board, I care for our country. I watched as 8 years of lying got Obama elected as well as close to a super majority in congress. You libs woke a sleeping giant in the tea party as well as common people like my-self

The fact President George W. Bush's aggressive terrorism policies against muslium extremists aren't very popular with some nations, doesn't prove a thing. Even his own father, President George H.W. Bush, had threats that prevented him from traveling overseas. That in itself doesn't prove a thing BlindBoo, nothing. All I've seen thus far is opinion. Please back up your statement with supported FACTS!

I want to see [through "links"] these illegal war crimes, with drawn up accusation charges, connecting President George W Bush to specific violations under the United Nations! Any further ramblings and grumblings from you or JakeStarkey without any documented links as proof is just a complete waste of my time, and just proof of more empty liberal drivel.

So why do you believe President Bush (43) canceled his trip to Switzerland early in 2011?

Not really, In fact I am doing pretty good. Keep coming up short on my trades, making money, but leaving allot on the screen
As far as a trll goes? its a message board, I care for our country. I watched as 8 years of lying got Obama elected as well as close to a super majority in congress. You libs woke a sleeping giant in the tea party as well as common people like my-self

Oh I think you're selling President Bush short. He(and don't forget his Brain, Turd-Blossum aka Karl Rove) was a lying politician as Texas Governor too.......

Oh I think you're selling President Bush short. He(and don't forget his Brain, Turd-Blossum aka Karl Rove) was a lying politician as Texas Governor too.......

Boo give it a rest. Where is your link

Link? Youi ask for evidence, JRK, when your evidence blew up in your face? Why did Bush not travel to Switzerland?

Did Congress declare war?

When did that happen?

Forum List

Back