McDonald’s is getting rid of free drink refills — and more fast-food chains may follow

Who actually goes into a fast food restaurant these days?

The few times we get something from them it is 100% drive thru

Damn and just think Horseshitting started a thread that wasn't even talking about black folks in a negative way. I guess when she googled a crime committed by someone black it brought up no more free refills at McDonalds.

Why can't these uppity proles get it through their heads that they are obligated to work for free and stuff, so stock dividends can go up and make a few parasites happy? It's their own fault they're not getting rich selling each other Apple stock back and forth all day.

View attachment 950290
She describes Trump perfectly...right?

Most of the McDonalds and the like down here have gotten rid of the self-serve machine in the restaurant already. My local Chick Fil A never had one but were happy to refill your drink for you.

Just another nail in their coffin if they do this. Late father in law worked in the business (supplying the carbonmizer (sp?) for many convenience stores and fast food joints. A Big Gulp would cost the 7/11 like 12 cents to make. They were charging like a buck for them. No need to go after refills. Stop giving out 50 packets of ketchup and you'll get the same savings.
What must be done is a fair amount of liquid in the cup with the ice. When I was much younger, refills did not exist. Many times, I would order a soda and the ice filled to the top then the soda put in. You would end up with several ounces of soda that you could drink before completing the meal. I remember when pressing the issue and asking for little ice an employee keep telling me they have to keep putting all the ice in. For several minutes I kept asking. So, I Iearned to disregard soda and focused on the sandwich and perhaps the fries. Como meals are questionable to each of our tastes and before the packets there was small wax paper thimble size cups you put ketchup in.

McDonald's is not getting rid of free refills, dupe. The article mentions ONE is.

It varies from franchise to franchise. The McD's in my town got rid of the soda fountain in the dining room over a decade ago. Meanwhile, the McD's in the next town over still has free refills.

It's up to each franchisee.

The markup on soda is astronomical. McD's isn't going to go broke because of free refills.
Ah yes, but they will still charge you like you are going to get refills, drop the price

I just ate an 8 piece bucket yesterday. Here KFC has been running a Tuesday special. 8 piece bucket for 10 bucks.

I've always loved KFC original recipe. That deal is hard to pass up.

When I was a teenager I got fired from KFC because I kept eating the chicken. I argued that I had to sample the product occasionally for quality control purposes. But I still got fired.
I worked there too, and took chicken home whenever we had over produced for customers. We even had Colonel Sanders come by and I met him one day.

Teabaggers always blame the government for what corporations do.
Teabaggers want to reward them, with more tax breaks.

Teabaggers always blame the government for what corporations do.
Teabaggers want to reward them, with more tax breaks.
It is not complicated. If you are screwed with, watch them e destroyed and never help them if you can. Our nation is in the mature stage and aging in economic, financial terms.

It is not complicated. If you are screwed with, watch them e destroyed and never help them if you can. Our nation is in the mature stage and aging in economic, financial terms.

No, it regressed back to the the 18th and 19th century, no industrial base and zillions of immigrants. Monopolies rule and banks are running the country.

The same old same old is Bush, Romney, Clinton, Cheney, Obama, and Biden. All of them are stooges of the CIA and the Fed. President Trump was the only one to stand up to that Establishment. Hardly the same old same old.

Yet he did not a thing different than any of them.

Forum List

Back