Zone1 People Who Call Themselves Christian in Rapid Decline

Christians of many denominations are "perverting" Christianity. Southern Baptists, Evangelicals, Catholics, Unitarians, Mormons, Lutherans, Presbyterians, etc. Many are allowing gays or women behind the pulpit. Many teach false doctrine. Some embrace the Globalist agenda. Etc. Few teach the Bible line by line, verse by verse, chapter by chapter, book by book from start to finish. Many church leaders are in it for the money as opposed to the spiritual significance of what Jesus Christ did for mankind. Many no longer teach the importance of repentance. The current church is a mess.
As far as the Southern Baptists go....lots of the independent member churches have always been chaotic. Many churches with the "Baptist" moniker are lumped in the SBC but are not truly member churches.

The SBC is a group that has no named theologies or doctrines and if a member church has some then they really don't belong to the core SBC.
And for a time they can be that way.

It's easy for people to claim Christ but difficult for God to claim them especially when they have no evidence of their faith other than a claim.

Could I ask you your issue with Southern Baptist
I was raised Southern Baptist. My dad was a minister in that church and went through 4 years at a Southern Baptist college in north/central California way back in the day. Anyway, last I heard, some of the churches within that denomination are allowing women behind the pulpit as the church pastors. Also, I disagree with two popular doctrines taught by that church. 1) That modern Israelis are "God's chosen people" and 2) The Rapture doctrine. I believe they're wrong on both counts. However, I am not currently attending a church and was going to go ahead and attend a local Southern Baptist church but they no longer taught from the KJV Bible. That's the only Bible I read from. And trying to follow along in the reading of the Bible when someone is preaching from the NIV or some other "New" version is next to impossible and very distracting.

I was raised Southern Baptist. My dad was a minister in that church and went through 4 years at a Southern Baptist college in north/central California way back in the day. Anyway, last I heard, some of the churches within that denomination are allowing women behind the pulpit as the church pastors. Also, I disagree with two popular doctrines taught by that church. 1) That modern Israelis are "God's chosen people" and 2) The Rapture doctrine. I believe they're wrong on both counts. However, I am not currently attending a church and was going to go ahead and attend a local Southern Baptist church but they no longer taught from the KJV Bible. That's the only Bible I read from. And trying to follow along in the reading of the Bible when someone is preaching from the NIV or some other "New" version is next to impossible and very distracting.
No women in our pulpit, no gays, no transfomers!

Just so you understand...
The KJV is a translation made for the Church of England...of which the King or Queen of England is the "Pope" of. Nearly every denomination has their own translation of the scriptures. The SBC has used several various translations over the years but finally came up with their own called the Hollman Christian Standard Bible. (HCSB) I have studied their tendencies in depth and it is a pretty good translation even if it doesn't have the flowery speech that the KJV does. No translation is going to be perfect as scriptures are metaphoric and idiomatic with English not even containing the same parts of grammar as the original languages. So you just have to pick and do the best you can.

The two doctrines you described are popular but are named theologies....one is dispensationalism and the other is "Rapture Theory". Many people know better than to believe these things but what can you do eh?

Just so you understand...
The KJV is a translation made for the Church of England...of which the King or Queen of England is the "Pope" of. Nearly every denomination has their own translation of the scriptures. The SBC has used several various translations over the years but finally came up with their own called the Hollman Christian Standard Bible. (HCSB) I have studied their tendencies in depth and it is a pretty good translation even if it doesn't have the flowery speech that the KJV does. No translation is going to be perfect as scriptures are metaphoric and idiomatic with English not even containing the same parts of grammar as the original languages. So you just have to pick and do the best you can.

The two doctrines you described are popular but are named theologies....one is dispensationalism and the other is "Rapture Theory". Many people know better than to believe these things but what can you do eh?
The history of the KJV translation is awesome. The King, at the time, wasn't a tyrant like many other kings have been. There were between 48 and 53 translators (unlike most modern versions that were translated by one or two men or maybe a small handful). It took several years of checking and cross-checking before all the translators could agree on a final product.

I used to own about 25 copies of the Bible. After reading "New Age Translations of The Bible," I discarded all but the KJV.

I'm not sure when, where, or why you lost your ability to discern what the Bible teaches but you're so far off the mark that I don't believe a conversation with you would be fruitful. I kick the dust from my shoes.

who claims a single 4th century - 100 year to publish document - without a single accreditation or archive of the material used for its verification as their only source for what they believe as a religion is what's actually called ... blowing in the wind. action jackson.

who claims a single 4th century - 100 year to publish document - without a single accreditation or archive of the material used for its verification as their only source for what they believe as a religion is what's actually called ... blowing in the wind. action jackson.
You're full to the brim with nays and criticisms but have ZERO statements or facts of value to add to the conversation. You're just an angry, confused little imp.

Be grateful for what God has provided and stop with the virtue signalling. Nobody is impressed.

look who's talking

1692034431475.gif

do you bend over for pubs, kiss their rings.

You're full to the brim with nays and criticisms but have ZERO statements or facts of value to add to the conversation. You're just an angry, confused little imp.

the spoken religion of antiquity ...

those who gave their lives in the 4th century have the heavenly prescribed religion of antiquity as their guide, granted a&e for their journey and goal of self determination.

what was truly taught during that time, liberation theology, seld determination - no where to be found in the c-bible.

Depending upon the poll those calling themselves Christians has declined 20-30% in the past two decades.

Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, the people he chose for his inheritance. Psalm 33:12

God blesses a nation because of its prayers, not its power. He blesses a nation because of its character, not its commerce. He blesses a nation because of its trust in Him, not its advanced technology. God blesses a nation because of its fear of the Lord, and not its fear of man. God blesses a nation who loves God and expresses that love in caring for the impoverished and diseased. God blesses a nation because of His church, not the size of that nation’s economy. Prosperity may be the result of a God-fearing nation, but it is not the cause. People believe in God when they get enough of themselves and realize there has to be more to this life than simply meeting their every need. God blesses a nation when individuals gather corporately in vibrant Christian worship.

Meanwhile:

View attachment 814411View attachment 814412View attachment 814413View attachment 814414

I can believe church affiliation has declined by that much--the more 'woke' the church becomes, the less it is able to attract people--but I question whether those who identify as Christian have declined by that much. This Pew poll is almost a decade old, but I doubt things have changed all that much at this time:

For sure a steep decline in church affiliations has affected us negatively as a society. We are more cruel in our attitudes and words, less honest/law abiding, less promoting of liberties, less tolerant re live and let live, less stable in our communities and allegiances.

Communities with many thriving churches are invariably more stable, safer with less crime, enjoy better schools, are more altruistic with neighbors helping neighbors, more prosperous. Christianity has some very bad history in it, but overall has greatly improved the world pretty much wherever it exists. It isn't Atheists or anti-Christians running good parochial schools, thrift shops/charities, working with the addicted and the most desperate and needy people around the world.

Wherever Christ/Christianity/Christian traditions are banned or are not observed we find more crime, more meanness/cruelty in actions and speech, less peace. I can't find such a study, but I would lay odds there is more addiction and homelessness in those states/areas that are the least religious.

And for those of us who believe it is the Holy Spirit that prevents satanic forces from completely overtaking the world, the thought of Christianity becoming a minority faith is not pleasant at all.

The history of the KJV translation is awesome. The King, at the time, wasn't a tyrant like many other kings have been. There were between 48 and 53 translators (unlike most modern versions that were translated by one or two men or maybe a small handful). It took several years of checking and cross-checking before all the translators could agree on a final product.

I used to own about 25 copies of the Bible. After reading "New Age Translations of The Bible," I discarded all but the KJV.
The version of the KJV that is popular today is a Cambridge/Oxford translation and not the original which underwent a revision that made nobody happy.

The translation that was in widespread use in America during its colonization was the Geneva Bible with all of its many "glosses" or explanation helps from the Calvinists who ran to Geneva Switzerland to escape "Bloody" Mary's reign of terror.

I can believe church affiliation has declined by that much--the more 'woke' the church becomes, the less it is able to attract people--but I question whether those who identify as Christian have declined by that much. This Pew poll is almost a decade old, but I doubt things have changed all that much at this time:

For sure a steep decline in church affiliations has affected us negatively as a society. We are more cruel in our attitudes and words, less honest/law abiding, less promoting of liberties, less tolerant re live and let live, less stable in our communities and allegiances.

Communities with many thriving churches are invariably more stable, safer with less crime, enjoy better schools, are more altruistic with neighbors helping neighbors, more prosperous. Christianity has some very bad history in it, but overall has greatly improved the world pretty much wherever it exists. It isn't Atheists or anti-Christians running good parochial schools, thrift shops/charities, working with the addicted and the most desperate and needy people around the world.

Wherever Christ/Christianity/Christian traditions are banned or are not observed we find more crime, more meanness/cruelty in actions and speech, less peace. I can't find such a study, but I would lay odds there is more addiction and homelessness in those states/areas that are the least religious.

And for those of us who believe it is the Holy Spirit that prevents satanic forces from completely overtaking the world, the thought of Christianity becoming a minority faith is not pleasant at all.
I think it’s declined that much. And after Rona and the election, I’d say 1/3 of those who think they’re Christian are really the people Jesus was referring to when he says ‘I never knew you’.

When the Son of Man returns in his glory will he find faith on the Earth?

And the fact all those men came together and compromised a translation is a miracle.

I think it’s declined that much. And after Rona and the election, I’d say 1/3 of those who think they’re Christian are really the people Jesus was referring to when he says ‘I never knew you’.
I don't know. I've always considered it above my pay grade to judge another's status with the Lord. I do know that the leftist/neo-Marxist/Libertarian (large "L") et al attack on religion has been terribly detrimental for the good of communities, the people, the country. You cannot make God unwelcome in the schools for instance and expect the same quality of citizen you would otherwise have.

I don't know. I've always considered it above my pay grade to judge another's status with the Lord. I do know that the leftist/neo-Marxist/Libertarian (large "L") et al attack on religion has been terribly detrimental for the good of communities, the people, the country. You cannot make God unwelcome in the schools for instance and expect the same quality of citizen you would otherwise have.
Discernment is a gift some of us have. If you know your Bible it explains how we do it.

You cannot make God unwelcome in the schools for instance and expect the same quality of citizen you would otherwise have.

- the welcoming party for the heavens is removing the phony christian bible from the schools to give real meaning to liberation theology and self determination than denial and servitude.

Forum List

Back