People Are Not Born Gay

Correct. But, now logic kicks in. If the gays, with 2% of the population, account for 70% of sexual diseases, can we now assume that not only is the practice of indiscriminate sex dangerous, but they are predisposed to that activity?

And, since they are, that gay sex is a danger just like alcohol and drugs?

Mark

Monogamous sex is something that should be encouraged. This hook-up culture among gays and straights is causing the rising STD rates. If anything you should be encouraging gays to settle down and get married.

I have studied this subject a very long time. Gay men have no want to "settle down". It is my belief that being promiscuous is part and parcel of being a gay man. It s not just the sexuality in this case that makes men gay.The statistics are overwhelmingly in favor of my viewpoint.

Mark

I am not disagree with the alarmingly high rate of STDs among the gay community. It is a very grave concern. I know many gay people; male and female, that are in long term monogamous relationships and that is what should be encouraged. Promiscuity is like playing Russian Roulette with your health.

You "know" they are being monogamous? Or is that your guess?

From all of my reading, gay men are not monogamous, while lesbians are better at it than even straight couples.

The problem with lesbians is that since they are women, they divorce. About 75% of all marriage that end in divorce is because the woman filed for it.

Now, you have TWO women married.

Tick, tick, tick...only a matter of time.

Mark
Wow! Where DO you get this stuff? :rofl:

I just posted a link to how gay men are not monogamous.

I have had these talks on forums many times before. And I have challenged every person who questioned me to prove me wrong.

It has NEVER happened.

I invite you to do so as well.

Mark

Yes, being prejudiced against homosexuality is a choice. It is a stupid choice, of course, because it is so arbitrary, and cannot withstand any rigors of inquiry as to WHY it is wrong any better than similar prejudices once held against being left handed.

"It's icky because people say it's icky and because people say it's icky, it's icky" doesn't cut it by way of argumentation. Such circular arguments are the stuff of children. The onus is upon all the bigots to explain WHY homosexuality consumes their thoughts to such an extent that they go on and on and one with their hatred of it. Is it inherently harmful? Does it involve coercion? Is it exploitative? Unless the answers are yes, there is absolutely no reason for the prejudice other than as opinions that have been taught but never questioned.

Similar

I could care less if its "icky". Fact is, gay "sex" is dangerous. Do you also think that drug users and alcoholics should be celebrated in this country?

I mean, not only allow it, but condone it?

Mark
So.....you want the government to control what kind of sex people have. Interesting there, Adolf.

A statement by the Royal College of Psychiatrists that people are not born gay has been welcomed as "a major admission" by a Christian charity that helps men and women change unwanted same-sex feelings.
Core Issues Trust (CIT), which is campaigning against a ban on therapy being offered to people who want to move away from a homosexual lifestyle, says the latest statement by the Royal College admits what it previously denied
People Are Not Born Gay Affirms Royal College of Psychiatrists

Yep, even if it was genetic, it is still your choice to have same-sex pleasure or not. Anyone and everyone has a choice. Say yes or say no. It is really that simple...BUT queers choose to suck each other's dicks

Wow. Did you even bother to read the article? Even though they headline makes the claim of what the report said, the only quote they provide from that report specifically states that headline is an outright lie.

But I agree, everyone has a choice. You, for an example, have the choice of not spending your time thinking about men sucking each other's dicks.
People do not have 'choices' about what stimuli cause sexual arousal. Of course, people do have various degrees of conscious control over all biological urges, even extreme hunger. Thus, a political prisoner may go on a hunger strike, and even die, ignoring his/her hunger pangs. What causes same-sex attraction is not well understood by scientists. It would seem selection pressure would minimize such inclinations, since differential reproduction clearly favors heterosexuals (who make babies). Kin-selection has been suggested, but there is not much empirical support. That homozygous persons for some 'homo gene(s)' might have such inclinations, while heterozygotes come out straight but benefit in some important way (similar to sickle cell) has been floated, but again evidence is not very supportive. Perhaps some sort of cultural-evolutionary pressure is at work. Or, perhaps, imprinting occurs in early childhood. At any rate, those who feel such attractions do NOT have any choice about their sexual feelings - though they can choose to be sexually inactive. I am uncomfortable both with right-wing gay bashing, but also with 'gay pride' which makes seeks to make this issue a (even 'the') major political issues.

A statement by the Royal College of Psychiatrists that people are not born gay has been welcomed as "a major admission" by a Christian charity that helps men and women change unwanted same-sex feelings.
Core Issues Trust (CIT), which is campaigning against a ban on therapy being offered to people who want to move away from a homosexual lifestyle, says the latest statement by the Royal College admits what it previously denied

Yep, even if it was genetic, it is still your choice to have same-sex pleasure or not. Anyone and everyone has a choice. Say yes or say no. It is really that simple...BUT queers choose to suck each other's dicks

Doesn't really matter because, IF you are a consenting adult and IF your actions harm no one, what you choose for your own life and who you choose as a partner is none of my business.

Would you agree with that?

MYOB

Absolutely. However, if its a choice, society does not have to condone it. It would be just like a person who does drugs. Make it legal, and let them live their lives. Should it be "normalized" by allowing them to marry?

Absolutely not.

Mark
Alcohol is a drug.

Yes it is. Tell me, should we go thru history, find prominent Americans who drank, and celebrate their accomplishments because they were alcoholics?

Like they are doing with the gays in school?

Maybe we should have an "alcoholic" pride month, to show people just how lovable and normal alcoholics are?

Mark
We tried to abolish alcohol...how did that work? And interestingly enough, alcoholics are allowed to legally marry.

Does that mean there is a chance you will fall in love with a man?

Maybe. Recently in a "Dear Abby" column, a widowed man with grown children wrote and said he was having sexual feelings for another man. Said he was happily married and that thought never crossed his mind before.

I will say this. The human mind can rationalize ANYTHING.

There is also a fairly high incidence of lesbians becoming straight, so yeah, change happens.

Mark
OH well! If it was in Dear Abby. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Yes, being prejudiced against homosexuality is a choice. It is a stupid choice, of course, because it is so arbitrary, and cannot withstand any rigors of inquiry as to WHY it is wrong any better than similar prejudices once held against being left handed.

"It's icky because people say it's icky and because people say it's icky, it's icky" doesn't cut it by way of argumentation. Such circular arguments are the stuff of children. The onus is upon all the bigots to explain WHY homosexuality consumes their thoughts to such an extent that they go on and on and one with their hatred of it. Is it inherently harmful? Does it involve coercion? Is it exploitative? Unless the answers are yes, there is absolutely no reason for the prejudice other than as opinions that have been taught but never questioned.

Similar

I could care less if its "icky". Fact is, gay "sex" is dangerous. Do you also think that drug users and alcoholics should be celebrated in this country?

Mark
So.....you want the government to control what kind of sex people have. Interesting there, Adolf.

And yet, he should be able to marry whom he wishes.

If these nutters had their way, the Constitution would read "... except homosexuals". Or more likely, "includes only white christian males".

Similar

Mark
Promiscuous and indiscriminate sex is dangerous regardless of the sexuality of the person.

Correct. But, now logic kicks in. If the gays, with 2% of the population, account for 70% of sexual diseases, can we now assume that not only is the practice of indiscriminate sex dangerous, but they are predisposed to that activity?

Mark
And Lesbians have a lower % of STDs, particularly AIDS than anyone else. So...we should be the only ones who can legally marry using your logic.

Wow. Did you even bother to read the article? Even though they headline makes the claim of what the report said, the only quote they provide from that report specifically states that headline is an outright lie.

But I agree, everyone has a choice. You, for an example, have the choice of not spending your time thinking about men sucking each other's dicks.
People do not have 'choices' about what stimuli cause sexual arousal. Of course, people do have various degrees of conscious control over all biological urges, even extreme hunger. Thus, a political prisoner may go on a hunger strike, and even die, ignoring his/her hunger pangs. What causes same-sex attraction is not well understood by scientists. It would seem selection pressure would minimize such inclinations, since differential reproduction clearly favors heterosexuals (who make babies). Kin-selection has been suggested, but there is not much empirical support. That homozygous persons for some 'homo gene(s)' might have such inclinations, while heterozygotes come out straight but benefit in some important way (similar to sickle cell) has been floated, but again evidence is not very supportive. Perhaps some sort of cultural-evolutionary pressure is at work. Or, perhaps, imprinting occurs in early childhood. At any rate, those who feel such attractions do NOT have any choice about their sexual feelings - though they can choose to be sexually inactive. I am uncomfortable both with right-wing gay bashing, but also with 'gay pride' which makes seeks to make this issue a (even 'the') major political issues.

I agree with most of what you say here.

As for the last, if we're going to allow those we like and agree with to march, protest, MARRY, etc, then we must also allow those with whom we disagree.

Last edited:
Bodeca said she did not turn gay until after she joined the Navy (conveniently)
Why do you keep lying over that. I've corrected you several times. I said that I did not have my first sexual experience until I was in the Navy....I knew I was gay way before that.

So...in a few more weeks or months you'll come back on and lie about what I said again, right?
Well aint that convenient? did not commit a crime under the UCMJ until after you joined.

Look here is another lying lesbian
DAYNA MORALES THE CASE OF THE LYING LESBIAN iBLOGalot

Dayna-Morales_slider_zpsceb5bd25.png

Similar

Mark

Who said that? I say, if gays want to have sex, do it. I will also say, that society has a responsibility not to legitimize any action that is harmful to its participants.

Or, do you think we should have an "alcoholics" day as well?

Mark

Doesn't really matter because, IF you are a consenting adult and IF your actions harm no one, what you choose for your own life and who you choose as a partner is none of my business.

MYOB

Absolutely. However, if its a choice, society does not have to condone it. It would be just like a person who does drugs. Make it legal, and let them live their lives. Should it be "normalized" by allowing them to marry?

Absolutely not.

Mark
Alcohol is a drug.

Yes it is. Tell me, should we go thru history, find prominent Americans who drank, and celebrate their accomplishments because they were alcoholics?

Like they are doing with the gays in school?

Maybe we should have an "alcoholic" pride month, to show people just how lovable and normal alcoholics are?

Mark
We tried to abolish alcohol...how did that work? And interestingly enough, alcoholics are allowed to legally marry.

Lol. Are you really gonna use alcoholics and marriage as a debate point?

Really?

Nope. Lets do this. Lets celebrate alcoholism by having a month set aside where we ENCOURAGE alcoholics to drink.

And who said anything about abolishing gay sex?

Mark

Does that mean there is a chance you will fall in love with a man?

Maybe. Recently in a "Dear Abby" column, a widowed man with grown children wrote and said he was having sexual feelings for another man. Said he was happily married and that thought never crossed his mind before.

I will say this. The human mind can rationalize ANYTHING.

There is also a fairly high incidence of lesbians becoming straight, so yeah, change happens.

Mark
OH well! If it was in Dear Abby. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Why do your work for you? If you really were interested in the truth, you would do your own research.

You aren't are you?

Mark

Monogamous sex is something that should be encouraged. This hook-up culture among gays and straights is causing the rising STD rates. If anything you should be encouraging gays to settle down and get married.

I have studied this subject a very long time. Gay men have no want to "settle down". It is my belief that being promiscuous is part and parcel of being a gay man. It s not just the sexuality in this case that makes men gay.The statistics are overwhelmingly in favor of my viewpoint.

Mark

I am not disagree with the alarmingly high rate of STDs among the gay community. It is a very grave concern. I know many gay people; male and female, that are in long term monogamous relationships and that is what should be encouraged. Promiscuity is like playing Russian Roulette with your health.

From all of my reading, gay men are not monogamous, while lesbians are better at it than even straight couples.

The problem with lesbians is that since they are women, they divorce. About 75% of all marriage that end in divorce is because the woman filed for it.

Mark

I know this because they are some of very best friends. Of course, I don't know for an absolute fact that they are monogamous but I am almost certain. The only person I know for a 100% fact that is monogamous is myself. Is it really that hard for you believe that gay people can be in monogamous relationship?

Divorce is an issue regardless of sexuality.

Is it hard for me to believe? Hell, even the gays admit they aren't monogamous.

How Do Gays Crack the Monogamy Code Tyler Curry

Is it possible for two gay men to be in a long-term relationship and remain monogamous?
The short answer? Of course it is. But for the frustrated but hopeful "monogay," it often seems nearly impossible to find a homo couple who have surpassed the five-year mark without opening up their relationship in one way or another. Naturally, each couple is different, complete with a brow-furrowing set of rules that they have constructed over the years. Whether its "playing" as a couple only or allowing for out-of-town flings or no-kissing-allowed or sexual-position-specific extracurricular hookups, one thing is for certain: Monogamy it is not.

And the part that upsets me the most, I mean, if you want society to allow you to marry, the least you could do is abide by society's definition of marriage. Even that is too much to ask, it seems.

There is no societal or religious pressure, no relationship archetype or historical expectation for a gay man to be monogamously coupled. Unlike heterosexual relationships, gay relationships form simply because two people want to be together. A heterosexual union may be rooted in religious and cultural bylaws that reinforce monogamy long after the excitement has left the bedroom. Straight couples are forced to push past the immediate gratification of sexual desire and find more meaningful forms of pleasure and release. If they give into the carnal pleasures of sex outside monogamy, they risk the chance of losing their coveted place among the moral elite.
Of course, gay couples were never considered equal to their heterosexual brethren -- not even closely related. In fact, a homosexual relationship is possibly the antithesis of what a monogamous union should be by most traditional standards, an abomination of the sacred "one-man-one-woman" mold. Therefore, the gatekeepers of these standards did not hold gay men accountable to same societal norms and expectations that are the foundation for the modern family.

They want "marriage" on their terms. That's bullshit.

Mark

The author makes some interesting points but he isn't the final word when it comes to monogamy in the gay community. Most people want marriage on their terms. It is why arranged marriages are not as common in this nation as there were in the past. If married couples; gay or straight, want to open their marriage and they both agree to the terms then have it. That is not my cup tea though. Monogamy isn't just an issue of the gay community. Heterosexuals seem to have this problem as well.

I don't discuss this often because it is really isn't anyone's business but I feel it is important while discussing this topic. I am a gay man and I've been in a monogamous relationship with my husband for almost 14 years now. I've never subscribed to the hook-up culture because when I was growing up I was inundated with news of the devastating effects of AIDS and it terrified me greatly. I started dating my husband when I was a freshman in college and I have remained faithfully this entire. Some people take their vows more seriously then others and I would never do anything to dishonor myself or my husband.

Similar

Mark

If these nutters had their way, the Constitution would read "... except homosexuals". Or more likely, "includes only white christian males".

Similar

Mark

Its happening again. I give clear, concise reasons for what I believe. I link to the CDC and homosexual writers themselves and....

your only answer is to try to "kill the messenger".

You know why you use that tactic? Because its the only argument you have.

Mark

Similar

Mark
Promiscuous and indiscriminate sex is dangerous regardless of the sexuality of the person.

Mark
And Lesbians have a lower % of STDs, particularly AIDS than anyone else. So...we should be the only ones who can legally marry using your logic.

Yes, if marriage was to bond any two humans together. Its not....

Mark

You're the one who is sick.

Mark

Mark

I know this because they are some of very best friends. Of course, I don't know for an absolute fact that they are monogamous but I am almost certain. The only person I know for a 100% fact that is monogamous is myself. Is it really that hard for you believe that gay people can be in monogamous relationship?

Is it possible for two gay men to be in a long-term relationship and remain monogamous?
The short answer? Of course it is. But for the frustrated but hopeful "monogay," it often seems nearly impossible to find a homo couple who have surpassed the five-year mark without opening up their relationship in one way or another. Naturally, each couple is different, complete with a brow-furrowing set of rules that they have constructed over the years. Whether its "playing" as a couple only or allowing for out-of-town flings or no-kissing-allowed or sexual-position-specific extracurricular hookups, one thing is for certain: Monogamy it is not.

And the part that upsets me the most, I mean, if you want society to allow you to marry, the least you could do is abide by society's definition of marriage. Even that is too much to ask, it seems.

There is no societal or religious pressure, no relationship archetype or historical expectation for a gay man to be monogamously coupled. Unlike heterosexual relationships, gay relationships form simply because two people want to be together. A heterosexual union may be rooted in religious and cultural bylaws that reinforce monogamy long after the excitement has left the bedroom. Straight couples are forced to push past the immediate gratification of sexual desire and find more meaningful forms of pleasure and release. If they give into the carnal pleasures of sex outside monogamy, they risk the chance of losing their coveted place among the moral elite.
Of course, gay couples were never considered equal to their heterosexual brethren -- not even closely related. In fact, a homosexual relationship is possibly the antithesis of what a monogamous union should be by most traditional standards, an abomination of the sacred "one-man-one-woman" mold. Therefore, the gatekeepers of these standards did not hold gay men accountable to same societal norms and expectations that are the foundation for the modern family.

Mark

The author makes some interesting points but he isn't the final word when it comes to monogamy in the gay community. Most people want marriage on their terms. It is why arranged marriages are not as common in this nation as there were in the past. If married couples; gay or straight, want to open their marriage and they both agree to the terms then have it. That is not my cup tea though. Monogamy isn't just an issue of the gay community. Heterosexuals seem to have this problem as well.

I don't discuss this often because it is really isn't anyone's business but I feel it is important while discussing this topic. I am a gay man and I've been in a monogamous relationship with my husband for almost 14 years now. I've never subscribed to the hook-up culture because when I was growing up I was inundated with news of the devastating effects of AIDS and it terrified me greatly. I started dating my husband when I was a freshman in college and I have remained faithfully this entire. Some people take their vows more seriously then others and I would never do anything to dishonor myself or my husband.

I applaud you fro your efforts. However, like I stated earlier, I have been researching this subject for years. I have NEVER read even one article that shows gay men to be monogamous in any significant numbers.

If anyone has one, I would be glad to look at it.

BTW, in all of my forum travels, I will say that gay men tend to debate this subject with more logic than their straight supporters do.

Mark

MYOB

Absolutely not.

Mark
Being a Christian who hates gays is also a choice and society does not have to condone it.

Mark

Mark

I applaud you fro your efforts. However, like I stated earlier, I have been researching this subject for years. I have NEVER read even one article that shows gay men to be monogamous in any significant numbers.

If anyone has one, I would be glad to look at it.

BTW, in all of my forum travels, I will say that gay men tend to debate this subject with more logic than their straight supporters do.

Mark

Some people; gay or straights, do not place a high value on monogamy. I am not one of those people. I am from a different school of thought regarding this issue. Being promiscuous isn't exactly a compelling reason to deny gays marriage.

Similar

Mark

Mark

Mark
Do tell.

Forum List

Back