Pelosi: I Was Told Interrogation Methods Were Lawful

She had many avenues to oppose the procedures, She could have "leaked" it, she could have voted against it, she could have voiced opposition to it, she could have rallied others to vote against it. Same for all the other Democrats that KNEW. They SUPPORTED the programs. They voted for them 13 TIMES. They voted to fund them every year.

Further she STATED she never knew. She outright LIED and you are gonna give her a pass? Figures. By the way got any proof Bush ever lied?

I can't give Pelosi a pass, but I can't give one to W either. Pelosi did not have to reveal that the USA was conducted swimming lessons. All she needed to do was initiate legislation to outlaw what she believed was wrong. She did not. 'Nuff said.

She did.
Bush Vetoed it.
House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi of California said Democrats would try to overturn Bush's veto and said U.S. moral authority was at stake.

"We will begin to reassert that moral authority by attempting to override the president's veto next week," Pelosi said.
Reuters: Sat Mar 8, 2008 1:53pm EST Bush vetoes bill outlawing CIA waterboarding aka Bush Vetoed it. :eusa_shhh:

I can't give Pelosi a pass, but I can't give one to W either. Pelosi did not have to reveal that the USA was conducted swimming lessons. All she needed to do was initiate legislation to outlaw what she believed was wrong. She did not. 'Nuff said.

She did.
Bush Vetoed it.
House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi of California said Democrats would try to overturn Bush's veto and said U.S. moral authority was at stake.

"We will begin to reassert that moral authority by attempting to override the president's veto next week," Pelosi said.
Reuters: Sat Mar 8, 2008 1:53pm EST Bush vetoes bill outlawing CIA waterboarding aka Bush Vetoed it. :eusa_shhh:
hey, it only took her 6 years, and a full year after she became speaker

She had many avenues to oppose the procedures, She could have "leaked" it, she could have voted against it, she could have voiced opposition to it, she could have rallied others to vote against it. Same for all the other Democrats that KNEW. They SUPPORTED the programs. They voted for them 13 TIMES. They voted to fund them every year.

Further she STATED she never knew. She outright LIED and you are gonna give her a pass? Figures. By the way got any proof Bush ever lied?

She did.
Bush Vetoed it.

Kindly explain this

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7Nss8Kc-LM[/ame]

She did.
Bush Vetoed it.

Kindly explain this

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7Nss8Kc-LM[/ame]

Putting the focus on Pelosi is a GOP Jeti Mind game. Shift the debate onto Pelosi.

Those were CLASSIFIED meetings. Do you guys understand what that means? It would have been illegal for her to blow the whistle. And you guys would have accused her of making us all less safe.

So lets put the focus back on Bush & Rumsfeld and Rice and Cheney where it belongs.

And if Pelosi knew, lets find out. I doubt she'll do as much time as Rove, Rice, Rummy, Bush & Gonzo.

Bobo, that bullshit doesn't wash.

If Bush is doing something illegal, it isn't illeagal to expose it.

Nan went along with it because she was affraid of more attacks, which is why they did it.

A little honesty here and we can move on from it, but this blame chimpy alone stuff isn't going to work.

She says she didn't know. Now Bob Graham is also saying he wasn't told...which would be easy enough to find out since the man is a walking OCDer who keeps compulsive notes of every conversation he ever has.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi insisted Friday that she was briefed only once about the "enhanced" interrogation techniques being used on terrorism suspects and that she was assured by lawyers with the CIA and the Department of Justice that the methods were legal.

Pelosi issued a statement after CIA records released this week showed that Pelosi was briefed in September 2002 on the interrogation methods. The briefings memo appeared to contradict the speaker's claims that she was never told that waterboarding or other enhanced interrogation methods were being used.

"We were not -- I repeat -- were not told that waterboarding or any of these other enhanced interrogation methods were used," Pelosi said on April 23.

Pelosi: I Was Told Interrogation Methods Were Lawful - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

The House speaker's statement came after CIA records showed Pelosi was briefed in September 2002 on the interrogation methods and appeared to contradict her claim last month that she was never told that waterboarding or other enhanced interrogation techniques were being used.

:lol:

Pelosi should have objected. But Pelosi was not the person that ordered War Crimes committed. That person was George W. Bush. Whether or not he is held accountable, the fact should be made public for all the world to see.

She says she didn't know. Now Bob Graham is also saying he wasn't told...which would be easy enough to find out since the man is a walking OCDer who keeps compulsive notes of every conversation he ever has.

Still, that does not let the people who ordered the crimes off the hook in any manner. That Graham or Pelosi might have known and not objected formally does not excuse the crimes committed by Bush and Cheney. Spreading the blame around has little effect on the fact that War Crimes were ordered in the name of our nation by President Bush.

'Warcrimes', sounds so dramatic.

Too bad we are not at war.

So far, el chimpola has only admitted to Waterboarding two terrorists, neither of them captured in Afghanistan.

Charge him with something if you like, but skip 'warcrimes'.

Nan went along with it because she was affraid of more attacks, which is why they did it.

A little honesty here and we can move on from it, but this blame chimpy alone stuff isn't going to work.

Another time you guys are asking us to "share" in the blame. Share in the blame for WMD bullshit intelligence and the economy collapsing and now this?

Not everyone who was aware of waterboarding will be prosecuted. We'll probably just go with Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld and stop there. We'll throw the little fish back like Rice, Pelosi, Rove, Libby, Ashcroft.

If there is any doubt about how the Bush administration treats government whistle-blowers, consider the case of Teresa Chambers. She was hired in early 2002, with impeccable law enforcement credentials, to become chief of the United States Park Police. But after Chambers raised concerns publicly that crime was up in the nation's parks, she was rebuked by superiors and fired. When Chambers fought to regain her job through the legal system meant to protect whistle-blowers, government lawyers fought back, and associated her with terrorists. Despite a multiyear legal struggle, she is still fighting for her job.

The war on whistle-blowers | Salon News

Now consider how the White House treated Powell and Scott McClellen and every General that came out to speak against Bush's war in Iraq.

And didn't you say Obama leaking the memo's was wrong? Made us less safe? I'd like to ask you and Cheney exactly how we are less safe. And maybe Cheney should let us know so we don't get hit again.

Is this true?

NSA Wiretapping Whistleblowers Found Dead in Italy and Greece!
bradblog.com — "Two whistleblowers — one in Italy, one in Greece — uncovered a secret bugging system installed in cell phones around the world. Both met with untimely ends. The resultant scandals have received little press in the United States, despite the profound implications for American critics of the Bush administration."

NSA Wiretapping Whistleblowers Found Dead in Italy and Greece!

I'm not 'you guys' Bobo, you keep forgetting I loathe the GoP.

Your asshole buds the dems are thick as theives with B ushtoid, so stop trying to pretend you are not.

Whatever you want to hang on him, hang yourselves with the same rope, cause yours boys were in on it every step of the way.

But a six-month investigation by the Center for Investigative Reporting, in collaboration with Salon, has found that federal whistle-blowers almost never receive legal protection after they take action. Instead, they often face agency managers and White House appointees intent upon silencing them rather than addressing the problems they raise. They are left fighting for their jobs in a special administrative court system, little known to the American public, that is mired in bureaucracy and vulnerable to partisan politics. The CIR/Salon investigation reveals that the whistle-blower system -- first created by Congress decades ago and proclaimed as a cornerstone of government transparency and accountability -- has in reality enabled the punishment of employees who speak out. It has had a chilling effect, dissuading others from coming forward. The investigation examined nearly 3,600 whistle-blower cases since 1994, and included dozens of interviews and a review of confidential court documents. Whistle-blowers lose their cases, the investigation shows, nearly 97 percent of the time. Most limp away from the experience with their careers, reputations and finances in tatters.

Legal experts and lawmakers say the system is badly in need of reform. In fact, new legislation to strengthen whistle-blower protections has been moving through Congress this year, with strong bipartisan support, and is expected to come before the Senate this session. But in the latest setback to the system, the Bush White House has vowed to veto the legislation, citing among its criticisms a risk to national security.

"Whistle-blowers are treated like a skunk at a picnic, and there's no excuse for it," Sen. Charles Grassley, the Iowa Republican, said after being provided with details of the CIR/Salon investigation. Grassley has long sought stronger whistle-blower protections and is backing the new legislation toward reform. "It's whistle-blowers who can help us truly understand problems at government agencies. They stick their necks out to speak the truth. They don't take the easy way out."

"It's imperative that there are whistle-blower protections for civil servants when they see something that is wrong," said Lynn Jennings, an attorney who served during the Clinton administration as general counsel for the special whistle-blower court, known as the Merit Systems Protection Board. "They need to know that if they speak out they are going to be protected. Ultimately, it is to save lives, to save money, to save the integrity of the federal government."

The war on whistle-blowers | Salon News

I'm not 'you guys' Bobo, you keep forgetting I loathe the GoP.

Your asshole buds the dems are thick as theives with B ushtoid, so stop trying to pretend you are not.

Whatever you want to hang on him, hang yourselves with the same rope, cause yours boys were in on it every step of the way.

No. We actually tried to fight them. Which 2 senators tried fighting the patriot act?

Pat Leahy & Tom Daschle.

Who were the only two Senators to be mailed anthrax?

You guessed it.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi insisted Friday that she was briefed only once about the "enhanced" interrogation techniques being used on terrorism suspects and that she was assured by lawyers with the CIA and the Department of Justice that the methods were legal.

Pelosi issued a statement after CIA records released this week showed that Pelosi was briefed in September 2002 on the interrogation methods. The briefings memo appeared to contradict the speaker's claims that she was never told that waterboarding or other enhanced interrogation methods were being used.

"We were not -- I repeat -- were not told that waterboarding or any of these other enhanced interrogation methods were used," Pelosi said on April 23.

Pelosi: I Was Told Interrogation Methods Were Lawful - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

The House speaker's statement came after CIA records showed Pelosi was briefed in September 2002 on the interrogation methods and appeared to contradict her claim last month that she was never told that waterboarding or other enhanced interrogation techniques were being used.

:lol:

Pelosi should have objected. But Pelosi was not the person that ordered War Crimes committed. That person was George W. Bush. Whether or not he is held accountable, the fact should be made public for all the world to see.

Still, that does not let the people who ordered the crimes off the hook in any manner. That Graham or Pelosi might have known and not objected formally does not excuse the crimes committed by Bush and Cheney. Spreading the blame around has little effect on the fact that War Crimes were ordered in the name of our nation by President Bush.

Nothing excuses you from wanting to throw dirt on this nation just to feed your political hatred.

When was the last know, provable incident of waterboarding and when was the date a hyped-up, emotional decision was made that it was not an acceptable form of coercion?

You lose. CYA.

Forum List

Back