Pelosi: I Was Told Interrogation Methods Were Lawful

It's clear she is lying.

http://www.humanevents.com/downloads-pdfs/EIT Briefings.pdf

she was briefed on what was used and value of the methods. Right at the top of the memo.

from the article

Pelosi is just one of 65 lawmakers who received 40 briefings dealing with the subject. Sen. Jay Rockefeller, D-W.Va., for instance, was repeatedly briefed, as was Rep. Jane Harman, D-Valif., who took over Pelosi's spot on the House Intelligence Committee.

In addition, from the beginning of the program in 2002 until it became public in the fall of 2006, the House held 13 votes to authorize intelligence funding at which time no one objected or demanded changes to any intelligence program

yes, by golly I would surmise they had plenty of time to object if they did in fact object which appears NOT to be the case. :eusa_whistle:

She was all for it on 9-12.

On 9/12 the US could have dropped a couple of nukes over in the Middle East and 90% of the country would have been all for it.

Be that as it may, it does not diminish Pelosi's "mishandling" of the truth here.

She was attempting to orchestrate a purely political attack against the former Bush administrationa and perhaps some current members of the Republican Congress. What instead was revealed was that she and other Democrat leaders WERE notified of these procedures, and at the time, likely approved of them as well so as to be on right side of the then popular "we want to kick some ass" political side of the street.

As the war and Bush administration popularity diminished, Pelosi and Reid became more brazen in criminalizing the very thing they allowed - out of simply politics and further power grabbing.

Pelosi is an embarrassment to the Democrats, and a danger to the nation. Yes, a danger - what she has attempted to do with this political posturing dog and pony show is undercut our intelligence agencies, and embolden our enemies.

Pelosi is a leftist nutter and should be run out of DC and back to her privileged and vacuous existence with her multi-million dollar swamp mice in San Francisco...

She was all for it on 9-12.

On 9/12 the US could have dropped a couple of nukes over in the Middle East and 90% of the country would have been all for it.

Be that as it may, it does not diminish Pelosi's "mishandling" of the truth here.

She was attempting to orchestrate a purely political attack against the former Bush administrationa and perhaps some current members of the Republican Congress. What instead was revealed was that she and other Democrat leaders WERE notified of these procedures, and at the time, likely approved of them as well so as to be on right side of the then popular "we want to kick some ass" political side of the street.

As the war and Bush administration popularity diminished, Pelosi and Reid became more brazen in criminalizing the very thing they allowed - out of simply politics and further power grabbing.

Pelosi is an embarrassment to the Democrats, and a danger to the nation. Yes, a danger - what she has attempted to do with this political posturing dog and pony show is undercut our intelligence agencies, and embolden our enemies.

Pelosi is a leftist nutter and should be run out of DC and back to her privileged and vacuous existence with her multi-million dollar swamp mice in San Francisco...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1203004-post6.html

It's clear she is lying.

she was briefed on what was used and value of the methods. Right at the top of the memo.

from the article

Pelosi is just one of 65 lawmakers who received 40 briefings dealing with the subject. Sen. Jay Rockefeller, D-W.Va., for instance, was repeatedly briefed, as was Rep. Jane Harman, D-Valif., who took over Pelosi's spot on the House Intelligence Committee.

In addition, from the beginning of the program in 2002 until it became public in the fall of 2006, the House held 13 votes to authorize intelligence funding at which time no one objected or demanded changes to any intelligence program

yes, by golly I would surmise they had plenty of time to object if they did in fact object which appears NOT to be the case. :eusa_whistle:

So she's a liar.

This doesn't change my position on the torture program. It only furthers my disgust in Pelosi and other leaders in Congress.

I hear yah - the woman dominates her Congressional District though, so acts with impunity. Short of an aggressive investigation into her acts, or a far more aggresive media to call her on these lies, she will continue on as the idiotic minded House Speaker and Democrat Party leader.

Obama has got to be sick of her...

It's clear she is lying.

from the article

So she's a liar.

This doesn't change my position on the torture program. It only furthers my disgust in Pelosi and other leaders in Congress.

You asked a question and I provided the answer.. There were two ways the Democwats could have stopped the "torture" defund it or publicly object.. I didn't expect it to change your position.

I hear yah - the woman dominates her Congressional District though, so acts with impunity. Short of an aggressive investigation into her acts, or a far more aggresive media to call her on these lies, she will continue on as the idiotic minded House Speaker and Democrat Party leader.

naaaa she has giant tits

naaaa she has giant tits

wtf....pelosi has giant tits? are they as real as her face?

naaaa she has giant tits

wtf....pelosi has giant tits? are they as real as her face?

haven't had the opportunity to check

naaaa she has giant tits
she does?
need proof of that

Pelosi was present at more than 40 meetings regarding the "enhanced interrogation technics". That is fact. Her previous statement to defend herself: Yes--I was informed about the enhanced interrogation technics--but "I didn't know they were actually doing them." DUH--Enhanced interrogation practices were LAWFUL until Eric Holder & Barack Obama announced that they weren't three weeks ago.

"There's always a rat in the woodpile when it comes to politics." In light that Nancy Pelosi--SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE--knew everything about the enhanced interrogation technics--wanna bet there will be no further investigation?

Last edited:
Pelosi was present at more than 40 meetings regarding the "enhanced interrogation technics". That is fact. Her previous statement to defend herself: Yes--I was informed about the enhanced interrogation technics--but "I didn't know they were actually doing them." DUH--Enhanced interrogation practices were LAWFUL until Eric Holder & Barack Obama announced that they weren't three weeks ago.

"There's always a rat in the woodpile when it comes to politics." In light that Nancy Pelosi--SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE--knew everything about the enhanced interrogation technics--wanna bet there will be no further investigation?

LMAO! You suppose she was sleeping through the many news cycles, including the pictures?

So Pelosi is another Bush torture enabler. She should be tried like Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice and all the other war criminals. That's why we have courts, to enforce the law.

What role, if any, did Pelosi have in authorizing the use of waterboarding, assuming she knew it was going to be used by the Bush administration.

She was briefed. She was silent. Silence indicates consent. It's a basic rule of American Law.

It doesn't bother me that she has no morals, ethics or honesty. Almost nobody in our government does. What bothers me is that she pretends to have all of these and crows without rest about the real or imagined short comings of her opposition.

It's only been about 100 days and this act is already starting to grate.

tsk tsk tsk... now let's have that investigiation shall we?

That's right. We'll throw her under the bus and you give up Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice and Bush. Rove too if you feel generous.

And don't forget these Democrats that were also briefed, Butthead...
Make sure these hypocrites are standing right along side Rove...

Nancy Pelosi
Bob Graham
Shelby
Rockefeller
Harry Reid
John Murtha
Evan Bayh
Barbara Mikulski
Russ Feingold
Carl Levin
Dianne Feinstein
Bill Nelson'
Sheldon Whitehouse
Jerrod Nadler
Bobby Scott

So Pelosi is another Bush torture enabler. She should be tried like Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice and all the other war criminals. That's why we have courts, to enforce the law.

What role, if any, did Pelosi have in authorizing the use of waterboarding, assuming she knew it was going to be used by the Bush administration.

She was briefed. She was silent. Silence indicates consent. It's a basic rule of American Law.

It doesn't bother me that she has no morals, ethics or honesty. Almost nobody in our government does. What bothers me is that she pretends to have all of these and crows without rest about the real or imagined short comings of her opposition.

It's only been about 100 days and this act is already starting to grate.

I agree, but still the vast majority of Americans "polled" still stand by the new prez.

Granted, it has yet to be four months, so that could certainly turn, but for now, he is acting without the need to fear media scrutiny.

She was legally required not to inform the public, because the information was a matter of national security.

Forum List

Back