Pelosi: I Was Told Interrogation Methods Were Lawful

tsk tsk tsk... now let's have that investigiation shall we?

That's right. We'll throw her under the bus and you give up Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice and Bush. Rove too if you feel generous.

I see, making excuses for your party ehh? So once again DUMB ASS, if Bush and company are guilty of war crimes so are ALL the Democrats that knew and did nothing. That would be most of the high ranking members of Congress.

She was briefed. She was silent. Silence indicates consent. It's a basic rule of American Law.

She was legally required not to inform the public, because the information was a matter of national security.

She had many avenues to oppose the procedures, She could have "leaked" it, she could have voted against it, she could have voiced opposition to it, she could have rallied others to vote against it. Same for all the other Democrats that KNEW. They SUPPORTED the programs. They voted for them 13 TIMES. They voted to fund them every year.

Further she STATED she never knew. She outright LIED and you are gonna give her a pass? Figures. By the way got any proof Bush ever lied?

She was briefed. She was silent. Silence indicates consent. It's a basic rule of American Law.

She was legally required not to inform the public, because the information was a matter of national security.

She had many avenues to oppose the procedures, She could have "leaked" it, she could have voted against it, she could have voiced opposition to it, she could have rallied others to vote against it. Same for all the other Democrats that KNEW. They SUPPORTED the programs. They voted for them 13 TIMES. They voted to fund them every year.

Further she STATED she never knew. She outright LIED and you are gonna give her a pass? Figures. By the way got any proof Bush ever lied?

I can't give Pelosi a pass, but I can't give one to W either. Pelosi did not have to reveal that the USA was conducted swimming lessons. All she needed to do was initiate legislation to outlaw what she believed was wrong. She did not. 'Nuff said.

Regarding W: Ignor the hullabulloo about WMD or the sadism and cruelty of Sadam. Was this dictator a real and credible threat to me sitting here in Indiana? Not so much. Should a President ask for War based on Ifs and Buts? No. Not only no, Hell no! The causes should be lead pipe cinch. Colin Powell, upon further review, dismissed the justification. Again, 'nuff said.

Nothing new, but it's a bad thing to do. Whether it's Johnson conducting the war in Viet Nam or Bush doing it in Iraq, it's bad and it's wrong and it's usually about oil.

Teddy had it right. "Walk softly and carry a big stick."

No question about Pelosi lying. The question is, why didn't anybody from her own party reveal that she lied? Did they really think she would get away with it, or are they as sick and tired of her as the Rs are?

There is far, far more to Iraq than Oil, WMD, human rights abuses, and credible threat though all of these palyed a role in the ultimate decision to finish the War with Saddam begun by GWB's daddy.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi insisted Friday that she was briefed only once about the "enhanced" interrogation techniques being used on terrorism suspects and that she was assured by lawyers with the CIA and the Department of Justice that the methods were legal.

Pelosi issued a statement after CIA records released this week showed that Pelosi was briefed in September 2002 on the interrogation methods. The briefings memo appeared to contradict the speaker's claims that she was never told that waterboarding or other enhanced interrogation methods were being used.

"We were not -- I repeat -- were not told that waterboarding or any of these other enhanced interrogation methods were used," Pelosi said on April 23.

Pelosi: I Was Told Interrogation Methods Were Lawful - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

The House speaker's statement came after CIA records showed Pelosi was briefed in September 2002 on the interrogation methods and appeared to contradict her claim last month that she was never told that waterboarding or other enhanced interrogation techniques were being used.

:lol:

So if I want to rob a bank and I tell you about it ...not which bank but just the intent and I rob a bank..you are responsible?

So if I want to rob a bank and I tell you about it ...not which bank but just the intent and I rob a bank..you are responsible?

yes. if you had knowledge about the active or imminent wrongdoing, were in a position to alert those with the authority to do something to thwart it, but failed to do so, then you absolutely would be (partially) responsible for the commission of that crime

yes. if you had knowledge about the active or imminent wrongdoing, were in a position to alert those with the authority to do something to thwart it, but failed to do so, then you absolutely would be (partially) responsible for the commission of that crime

Assuming you know exactly what Pelosi knew what exactly was she supposed to do about it?

Don't misstake my opinion of Nancy ...I think she has big tits. Other than that she doesn't do much for me.

Oh ya ..and then there was the patriot act making it illegal for her to talk about anything Cheney says you can't talk about.

Assuming you know exactly what Pelosi knew what exactly was she supposed to do about it?
question those who were briefing her. inquire about the circumstances - nothing kept her from asking 'are you engaged in these torture practices you have described?'
once she knows that illegal acts and/or actions in violation to our international agreements (geneva conventions) are occurring then she could go to the agency heads responsible for those violations and notify them of her stance that they are violating law/treaties. those communications should then be reduced to writing (with the requisite secrecy precautions) to document the stated notice of opposition to the wrongdoing

Don't misstake my opinion of Nancy ...I think she has big tits. Other than that she doesn't do much for me.
make yourself very happy; buy a cow

Oh ya ..and then there was the patriot act making it illegal for her to talk about anything Cheney says you can't talk about.
and yes, that barrier does require her response to be more precise and consistent with prevailing law prohibiting inappropriate disclosure, but recognize it does NOT prevent discussion with those who have the requisite standing to do something about the violations

nancy screwed the pooch on this one

Pelosi is a piece of garbage. So is her counterpart in the Senate.

That said ...

What role, if any, did Pelosi have in authorizing the use of waterboarding, assuming she knew it was going to be used by the Bush administration.

Good question.

The fact that she had no role in authorizing water torture doesn't make her blameless (if in fact she was in a position to do something about it) but it does put her in a very different position than Cheney, Rice and others who apparently specifically authorized this stain on America.

Pelosi lied. What about the other members of committee? Someone should ask them did they knew about EIT and did they agreed with it or not. Let all attendees declare themselves. Cow can lie, but horn doesn't.

They'll never be held accountable. That's the sad part. They can lie over and over and over and nothing will ever be done to them. The whole administration is a pack of liars and they all cover for each other. What really sucks is that some very hard fought territory has been lost in the safety of this country and our government is more worried about covering there own pathetic asses than the country they "serve".

Shame on them all.

Ladies and gentlemen...I give you "REAL CHANGE"

The level of desperation in the democrats saying anything and everything they can to deflect the real wrongs here are staggering. They will stop at nothing to cover up the abuse of power they have gorged on for the passed 110 days.

Give them a chance..you say? If a bad guy enters your house and points a gun at your head, are you gonna give him a chance to consider doing the right thing? If you do, you're dead.

The level of desperation in the democrats saying anything and everything they can to deflect the real wrongs here are staggering. They will stop at nothing to cover up the abuse of power they have gorged on for the passed 110 days.

Give them a chance..you say? If a bad guy enters your house and points a gun at your head, are you gonna give him a chance to consider doing the right thing? If you do, you're dead.

How are the Dems covering up the torture our Govt did? It seems to me that by making these memos public, Obama was exposing the wrongs, not deflect from them.

How are the Dems covering up the torture our Govt did? It seems to me that by making these memos public, Obama was exposing the wrongs, not deflect from them.
they are covering up their responsibility
but it figures a partisan fuck like you wouldnt get it

PELOSI IS LYING REPEATEDLY.

THERE SHOULD BE AN INVESTIGATION OF HER.

EDITORIAL: Pelosi's amnesia - Opinion - ReviewJournal.com

Who cares? Did she write the memos? Did she give the orders?? Did she carry out the orders?

What difference doess it make if she tells the truth or not. Name one politician that does.

She wasn't even then nor is she now legally free to tell the truth about anything to do with torture thanks to Bush and the ever so unconstitutional Patriot Act.

Does she represent you? If so start a petition to have her recalled. End of story.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi insisted Friday that she was briefed only once about the "enhanced" interrogation techniques being used on terrorism suspects and that she was assured by lawyers with the CIA and the Department of Justice that the methods were legal.

Pelosi issued a statement after CIA records released this week showed that Pelosi was briefed in September 2002 on the interrogation methods. The briefings memo appeared to contradict the speaker's claims that she was never told that waterboarding or other enhanced interrogation methods were being used.

"We were not -- I repeat -- were not told that waterboarding or any of these other enhanced interrogation methods were used," Pelosi said on April 23.

Pelosi: I Was Told Interrogation Methods Were Lawful - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

The House speaker's statement came after CIA records showed Pelosi was briefed in September 2002 on the interrogation methods and appeared to contradict her claim last month that she was never told that waterboarding or other enhanced interrogation techniques were being used.

Am I the Sheriff or one of his deputies? If so, yes, I am responsible to uphold the law.

Are legislators responsible to uphold our laws or are they just responsible to make our laws?

There is far, far more to Iraq than Oil, WMD, human rights abuses, and credible threat though all of these palyed a role in the ultimate decision to finish the War with Saddam begun by GWB's daddy.

All of that might be true, but if there was as much oil in the middle East as there is in, oh, say, Central Africa, we would not care one bit which camel driver was doing what to the other camel driver.

Oil makes this important to us.

Greatness:

1. Ignorance of the law is NEVER a defense. It's pathetic someone at her level would not have grasped that concept.

2. They are legal. I don't necessarily agree with the use of them, but understand they are completely legal. I think we should change that personally.

Forum List

Back