Pelosi: I Was Told Interrogation Methods Were Lawful

NOBama

Sep 23, 2008
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi insisted Friday that she was briefed only once about the "enhanced" interrogation techniques being used on terrorism suspects and that she was assured by lawyers with the CIA and the Department of Justice that the methods were legal.

Pelosi issued a statement after CIA records released this week showed that Pelosi was briefed in September 2002 on the interrogation methods. The briefings memo appeared to contradict the speaker's claims that she was never told that waterboarding or other enhanced interrogation methods were being used.

"We were not -- I repeat -- were not told that waterboarding or any of these other enhanced interrogation methods were used," Pelosi said on April 23.

Pelosi: I Was Told Interrogation Methods Were Lawful - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

The House speaker's statement came after CIA records showed Pelosi was briefed in September 2002 on the interrogation methods and appeared to contradict her claim last month that she was never told that waterboarding or other enhanced interrogation techniques were being used.

:lol:

those DUmmie democwats are so easily duped they got no business being in DC.

So Pelosi is another Bush torture enabler. She should be tried like Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice and all the other war criminals. That's why we have courts, to enforce the law.

What did you think I would defend her just because she has a D after her name?

You forget I'm not a Repub.

there's more. much more.. wait for it.

There is always more from the right wing smear machine. I won't have to wait long.
lolcoffee.gif

you mean the democrats smear machine

So Pelosi is another Bush torture enabler. She should be tried like Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice and all the other war criminals. That's why we have courts, to enforce the law.

What role, if any, did Pelosi have in authorizing the use of waterboarding, assuming she knew it was going to be used by the Bush administration.

Pelosi is a piece of garbage. So is her counterpart in the Senate.

That said ...

What role, if any, did Pelosi have in authorizing the use of waterboarding, assuming she knew it was going to be used by the Bush administration.

New Topics

Forum List

Back