Fact Check: Did Donald Trump Help Clear Rubble and Search for Survivors on 9/11?

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America

Former President Donald Trump has used his 2024 Republican presidential primary campaign to make a number of misleading and false claims, suggesting the U.S. sent Iran $6 billion in a hostage deal, that there were no terrorist attacks while he was president, and that his uncle was the longest-serving professor at MIT.

Trump leads rival Nikki Haley in the race for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination and the two are set to face off in the South Carolina primary on February 24.

In a video that was widely shared on social media, Trump also appeared to claim that he helped with the recovery efforts at Ground Zero on September 11, 2001.

The Ruling

False

There is no evidence that Trump cleared rubble on 9/11. Trump told media that he had hired hundreds of workers to help with the rescue and clean-up efforts. However, investigations found no evidence that independently supported the claim, either. A fire battalion chief has told fact-check journalists he had "no knowledge of [Trump] being down there."

More at the link below...

Why would Trump even make such a statement? What do you think?

Former President Donald Trump has used his 2024 Republican presidential primary campaign to make a number of misleading and false claims, suggesting the U.S. sent Iran $6 billion in a hostage deal, that there were no terrorist attacks while he was president, and that his uncle was the longest-serving professor at MIT.

Trump leads rival Nikki Haley in the race for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination and the two are set to face off in the South Carolina primary on February 24.

In a video that was widely shared on social media, Trump also appeared to claim that he helped with the recovery efforts at Ground Zero on September 11, 2001.

The Ruling

False

There is no evidence that Trump cleared rubble on 9/11. Trump told media that he had hired hundreds of workers to help with the rescue and clean-up efforts. However, investigations found no evidence that independently supported the claim, either. A fire battalion chief has told fact-check journalists he had "no knowledge of [Trump] being down there."

I rate that right up there with Eric claiming he pours concrete.

The degenerate Trump bragged he had the tallest building in NYC after the a twin towers fell on 9/11. It is amazing people have voted and will vote for that low life.

The Ruling

False

Yes. The orange bag O' shit lies. Earth shattering. :rolleyes:

What is a little bit?
Is this really something that is Earth shattering? Not to me, but, probably to you.
Yes, a presidential candidate lying about what he did on 9/11 should be earth shattering. Unfortunately, trump has lied so much about so many things till it's just another day. Integrity is important. Too bad you cult members don't remember that.

1708425689208.png

$ 399!

Trump: 'For the shoes I wore, when I cleared debris from the World Trade Center'?

An absolute steal.

Last edited:
Trump, for everyone's kindness here, for all everyone on this board has done to benefit others, TRUMP beats all of you in a day.

Trump has done more good privately, that you will never see, that people will never be able to link to, than all of, all together.'

Hell, Trump gives more jobs to people, than all of us.

The hatred of Democrats is apparent. The same hatred they had for African Americans, until it became politically incorrect.

The Ruling

False

/----/ "Trump also appeared to claim that he helped with the recovery efforts at Ground Zero on September 11, 2001."
1708868347056.png

AP/Getty Images. Clinton toured the site of the former World Trade Center the day after the 9/11 attacks; Trump was pictured outside the New York Stock Exchange a week later.

From PolitiFact,
Here's what we can confirm:

The particular image used in this post was not taken two days after the attack. According to Getty Images’ archive, the picture was captured on September 18 outside the New York Stock Exchange by New York Daily News photographer Todd Maisel.

That said, we know that Trump was indeed nearby the site two days after the attacks (as well as the day of), when he gave an interview to a German television station a few blocks away.

At one point in that interview, Trump tells the reporter he had "a lot of men" down there helping already.

"We have over 100 and we have about 125 coming. So we’ll have a couple hundred people down here. And they are very brave and what they’re doing is amazing. And we will be involved in some form in helping to reconstruct," Trump said.

He made similar comments in an NBC interview that same day:

"I have hundreds of men inside working right now, and we’re bringing down another 125 in a little while. And they’ve never done anything like this before. And they’re hard-working people, but they’ve never seen anything like it."

At one point, the reporter asks whether Trump had spoken to his men about the emotional situation, to which he replies, "Well there are a lot of them, but they’ve never seen bodies like this before, bodies all over."

On the campaign trail in 2016, Trump repeated the claim at a rally in Buffalo, New York, but a little more vaguely: "Everyone who helped clear the rubble—and I was there, and I watched, and I helped a little bit—but I want to tell you: Those people were amazing," Trump said. "Clearing the rubble. Trying to find additional lives. You didn't know what was going to come down on all of us—and they handled it."

/----/ "Trump also appeared to claim that he helped with the recovery efforts at Ground Zero on September 11, 2001."
View attachment 908145
AP/Getty Images. Clinton toured the site of the former World Trade Center the day after the 9/11 attacks; Trump was pictured outside the New York Stock Exchange a week later.

From PolitiFact,
Here's what we can confirm:

The particular image used in this post was not taken two days after the attack. According to Getty Images’ archive, the picture was captured on September 18 outside the New York Stock Exchange by New York Daily News photographer Todd Maisel.

That said, we know that Trump was indeed nearby the site two days after the attacks (as well as the day of), when he gave an interview to a German television station a few blocks away.

At one point in that interview, Trump tells the reporter he had "a lot of men" down there helping already.

"We have over 100 and we have about 125 coming. So we’ll have a couple hundred people down here. And they are very brave and what they’re doing is amazing. And we will be involved in some form in helping to reconstruct," Trump said.

He made similar comments in an NBC interview that same day:

"I have hundreds of men inside working right now, and we’re bringing down another 125 in a little while. And they’ve never done anything like this before. And they’re hard-working people, but they’ve never seen anything like it."

At one point, the reporter asks whether Trump had spoken to his men about the emotional situation, to which he replies, "Well there are a lot of them, but they’ve never seen bodies like this before, bodies all over."

On the campaign trail in 2016, Trump repeated the claim at a rally in Buffalo, New York, but a little more vaguely: "Everyone who helped clear the rubble—and I was there, and I watched, and I helped a little bit—but I want to tell you: Those people were amazing," Trump said. "Clearing the rubble. Trying to find additional lives. You didn't know what was going to come down on all of us—and they handled it."

Trump was lying... Self promotion as usual like he's comparing himself to Russian Alexei Navalny now.

Trump was lying... Self promotion as usual like he's comparing himself to Russian Alexei Navalny now.
/——/ You’re lying. You lie 1,000 times a day. You have never told the truth. Don’t ask for any proof, my accusations make it irrefutably 100%true.

Forum List

Back