PC or Apple?

So pretty much buy whatever you're comfortable with, PC or Mac, take care of it but face the reality that many of these machines are built with planned obsolescence in mind and having to replace it in five years isn't an exception but more the rule?

I miss the days when things lasted longer.

I keep my old macs or sell them, I toss my PCs after about 8years. But then I keep my old truck too. Classic cars get rebuilt to extend their life. Most PCs are not classics.

The same reason people still buy full size cars when a sub-compact will suffice.

Don't you mean, why people buy a moped for more than the cost of a real car?

Quick, name one thing a Mac can do that a PC can't?

I'll wait.

Apple Client devices, such as the iPhone, and iPad, integrate much better when attached to a Mac running a MacOS... to many examples to list.

Applications written to the MacOS do not run on Windows (same argument in reverse that you made for windows only apps.)

The Mac user interface is not the same as Windows. For example, note top title bar of currently active application while displaying the application as a windowed application. Windows requires the application to be maximized to put the active menu bar at the top.

There are many differences. Each manufacture has a number of patents for many of these differences, some of which prohibit the msft/apple from poaching the ideas.

Define Windows PC... then explain how that excludes Macs.

Hardware wise, a Mac running Windows is just an absurdly overpriced PC that uses substandard (Foxconn) components.

The modified FreeBSD that Mac uses as an operating system is what keeps the machine from being useful.

ROFL... put down the koolaid before it's to late. Don't like the parts the Apple guys used? Do the same thing any other "normal" person does when they don't like their PC components and put something else in there. Mac computers part are based on the same parts as any other IBMpc/Intel clone and as such are easily swappable. Make up your mind... are you arguing against the physical ergonomics of the apple computers, the PC components selected by apple, or the MacOS itself? Running windows on an apple pc is no different than running windows on a dell pc. It's the same damn thing.

Last edited:
Apple Client devices, such as the iPhone, and iPad, integrate much better when attached to a Mac running a MacOS... to many examples to list.

Applications written to the MacOS do not run on Windows (same argument in reverse that you made for windows only apps.)

The Mac user interface is not the same as Windows. For example, note top title bar of currently active application while displaying the application as a windowed application. Windows requires the application to be maximized to put the active menu bar at the top.

There are many differences. Each manufacture has a number of patents for many of these differences, some of which prohibit the msft/apple from poaching the ideas.

You didn't answer the question.

People use iTunes all the time on the PC. Since it is a browser based application, there is virtually zero difference in experience. You've got to do better than this.

Applications written for Mac?

You mean Photoshop, oops - runs FAR better under windows. Since Adobe hates Apple, I think they sabotage the Mac version, it actually shouldn't run as poorly as it does on equivalent hardware.

Fact, there IS no relevant software exclusive to Mac.

Personally, I find the Aero interface to be most functional for a keyboard and a mouse of the planet. But this is subjective.

For a touchscreen - nothing even comes close to Metro, which is why Apple is cloning it as we speak.

People use iTunes all the time on the PC. Since it is a browser based application, there is virtually zero difference in experience. You've got to do better than this.

You mean Photoshop, oops - runs FAR better under windows. Since Adobe hates Apple, I think they sabotage the Mac version, it actually shouldn't run as poorly as it does on equivalent hardware.

Personally, I find the Aero interface to be most functional for a keyboard and a mouse of the planet. But this is subjective.

For a touchscreen - nothing even comes close to Metro, which is why Apple is cloning it as we speak.

Can't find any info on Apple cloning Metro.

Yes I did answer the question. You chose to ignore the answers.

ROFL you think the best photo editing software is photoshop ROFL?

Oh I see now it's windows os vs mac os, make up your damn mind. Now, name one "relevant" type of software that is exclusive to Windows.

Last edited:
Can't find any info on Apple cloning Metro.

apple-tv-interface-1.jpg

Really?

You are very emotional, aren't you?

When Apple TV was revamped, they directly lifted the tile based interface of Metro. The next gen iOS is also tile based.

Apple is cloning Metro because it is a superior interface for touch screens.

ROFL you think Microsoft Metro invented tiles? ROFL tears.. please stop your killing me.

220px-Apple_Macintosh_Desktop.png

Look Ma, Mac had tiles in 1984! They must have gone back in time cause I heard it on usmb that they stole it from Msft.

Last edited:
ROFL you think Microsoft Metro invented tiles? ROFL tears.. please stop your killing me.

220px-Apple_Macintosh_Desktop.png

Look Ma, Mac had tiles in 1984! They must have gone back in time cause I heard it on usmb that they stole it from Msft.

Those aren't tiles. those are icons, retard.

Xerox invented them - Apple and Microsoft stole them.

You really are emotional about this.

Forum List

Back