Opposition to Vote ID

Democrats are opposed to Voter ID because it levels the playing field. No ID? No vote. Let me reiterate....You need a ID to drive a car. You need an ID to board a plane. You need an ID to enter a government building. You need an ID to buy a house. You need an ID to do any banking business. You need.......

On and on and on.

There is absolutely no excuse whatsoever why America should NOT have to present ID to vote. None whatsoever.
So far nothing you said was a right. You pretty much agree to the terms of having an id for exercising all those privileges.

Who gives a shit? My Social Security Card (gotten LONG before your sorry ass was born) states very clearly at the bottom of the card - FOR SOCIAL SECURITY AND TAX PURPOSES - NOT FOR IDENTIFICATION

When was the LAST TIME you didn't have to give YOUR SSN for nearly purpose? So much for the "rules", eh? OUR GOVERNMENT couldn't follow it's own rules, rube.
Why are you deflecting to SSN cards? I said nothing about a SSN card. Voting is a right not a privilege. It makes sense that some privileges require ID. Rights not so much.

We as Americans have the right to a fair and impartial election ......................

One step in that process would be determining that all voters who cast votes are legal and eligible and that unscrupulous people do not vote more than once.

Democrats are opposed to Voter ID because it levels the playing field. No ID? No vote. Let me reiterate....You need a ID to drive a car. You need an ID to board a plane. You need an ID to enter a government building. You need an ID to buy a house. You need an ID to do any banking business. You need.......

On and on and on.

There is absolutely no excuse whatsoever why America should NOT have to present ID to vote. None whatsoever.
So far nothing you said was a right. You pretty much agree to the terms of having an id for exercising all those privileges.

Who gives a shit? My Social Security Card (gotten LONG before your sorry ass was born) states very clearly at the bottom of the card - FOR SOCIAL SECURITY AND TAX PURPOSES - NOT FOR IDENTIFICATION

When was the LAST TIME you didn't have to give YOUR SSN for nearly purpose? So much for the "rules", eh? OUR GOVERNMENT couldn't follow it's own rules, rube.
Why are you deflecting to SSN cards? I said nothing about a SSN card. Voting is a right not a privilege. It makes sense that some privileges require ID. Rights not so much.

Quite the contrary my rights to vote and my right to participate in a fair and impartial election would by common sense dictate that I prove who I was and that I did have the right to legally vote in that elction.

You seem to be confused and have issues with proving legal rights ...............
Just as I only have a legal right to cast one vote, those who do not prove ID have no right to vote ......................
The nameless souls could possibly cast thousands of duplicate votes simply by traveling from polling place to polling place by the bus / truck load .....................

If it's only about ID, why do the voter ID laws come with all the attachments to it, like no Sunday voting and shortened early voting?

If it's only about ID, why do the voter ID laws come with all the attachments to it, like no Sunday voting and shortened early voting?
Got a link???
Which laws do you reference??

So you are not opposed to showing ID??

I mean these sound like great questions, perhaps you could not be so vauge and elaborate a little on the issue for us..........

What's the matter Ass Claps, you run out of steam already???

Don;t you just hate it when someone comes along and shits on your parade??

Like shooting fucking fish in a barrel, the barrel is small , the fish are large and I brought my Bushmaster .................lol

So why is voter ID so vehemently protested??
Seriously, you don;t protest when you are asked for ID at a bank....................................
You don't protest when renting a hotel / motel , car , or any other modern day convenience??

Give me one good reason why you DO NOT NEED TO SHOW ID TO VOTE ................

give me one case containing HARD evidence where a voter ID stopped voter fraud.

(hint) There's, been 10 proven voter impersonation cases since 2000 where voter ID cards stopped the voter from voting ... TEN ... 1 in every 15 million voters ...

Seriously, you don;t protest when you are asked for ID at a bank....................................
You don't protest when renting a hotel / motel , car , or any other modern day convenience??

(hint) There's, been 10 proven voter impersonation cases since 2000 where voter ID cards stopped the voter from voting ... TEN ... 1 in every 15 million voters ...

How do you quantify something like the psychological impact of a voter Id law??
How many dumb ass folks DIDN'T GO VOTE BECAUSE THEY DID NOT HAVE ID?? THERE IS NO WAY OF KNOWING ...............................BUT COMMON SENSE TELLS YOU THAT THERE WERE CASES THAT WERE STOPPED!!!!

Now come on back with something else as stupid .............................

LIKE ASKING HOW MANY PREGNANCIES WERE STOPPED BECAUSE OF CONDOMS !!!!

The reasons by Democrats are opposed to voter ID are quite simple and easy to understand:

(1) It reduces the possibility of voter fraud, which Dems have used for decades in inner-cities

(2) There truly are a lot of democrat voters (insane, retarded, drugged) who truly do not have the intellectual horsepower to obtain, and remember to carry and present any form of valid ID. These people can be bussed to the polls and told whom to vote for, but getting them to do something that requires a bit of thought is too, too challenging.

It is almost funny how one Dem spokesperson after the other keeps claiming that "there is no proven problem with voter fraud."

It's a lot like saying there's no proof that professional wrestling if fixed. Everybody knows it but there is no "proof."

On and on and on.

"Rights" mean "responsibility". What the hell are you afraid of? Does it really bother that much that you might be required to PROVE who you are in order to exercise those "rights" that you are so proud to have? Or are you willing to lose those "rights" by allowing someone to demean those "rights" by fraud?

Make up your mind liberal.....

On and on and on.

We as Americans have the right to a fair and impartial election ......................

We do? Where in the Constitution does it say we have that right?

Give me one case where voter ID laws have ever prevented a legally registered voter from casting that vote ..........................

What's the matter Ass Claps, you run out of steam already???

Don;t you just hate it when someone comes along and shits on your parade??

Like shooting fucking fish in a barrel, the barrel is small , the fish are large and I brought my Bushmaster .................lol
So you filet turds?

How many dumb ass folks DIDN'T GO VOTE BECAUSE THEY DID NOT HAVE ID?? THERE IS NO WAY OF KNOWING ...............................BUT COMMON SENSE TELLS YOU THAT THERE WERE CASES THAT WERE STOPPED!!!!

were you born a total idiot or did you have to work at it ?

documented records are documented records ... are you saying facts mean absolutely nothing to you ?

suck a condom you moron.

On and on and on.

Quite the contrary my rights to vote and my right to participate in a fair and impartial election would by common sense dictate that I prove who I was and that I did have the right to legally vote in that elction.

You seem to be confused and have issues with proving legal rights ...............
Just as I only have a legal right to cast one vote, those who do not prove ID have no right to vote ......................
The nameless souls could possibly cast thousands of duplicate votes simply by traveling from polling place to polling place by the bus / truck load .....................
Like the deflector before you your post is merely a diversion of the point. You shouldnt be required to have ID to cast a vote. All you would need is a registration number. Can you show me where it says you have a right to participate in a fair and impartial vote or are you just making it up as you go along? I'd actually be interested in seeing a quote.

On and on and on.

Presidential Election Laws
THE CONSTITUTION
Article II

Section 1. The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America. He shall hold his Office during the Term of four Years, and, together with the Vice President, chosen for the same Term, be elected, as follows
Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress: but no Senator or Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States, shall be appointed an Elector.

The Congress may determine the Time of choosing the Electors, and the Day on which they shall give their Votes; which Day shall be the same throughout the United States.

Twelfth Amendment

The Electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves; they shall name in their ballots the person voted for as President, and in distinct ballots the person voted for as Vice-President, and they shall make distinct lists of all persons voted for as President, and of all persons voted for as Vice-President, and of the number of votes for each, which lists they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the seat of the government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate; The President of the Senate shall, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the certificates and the votes shall then be counted;--The person having the greatest number of votes for President, shall be the President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of Electors appointed; and if no person have such majority, then from the persons having the highest numbers not exceeding three on the list of those voted for as President, the House of Representatives shall choose immediately, by ballot, the President. But in choosing the President, the votes shall be taken by states, the representation from each state having one vote; a quorum for this purpose shall consist of a member or members from two-thirds of the states, and a majority of all the states shall be necessary to a choice.... The person having the greatest number of votes as Vice-President, shall be the Vice-President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of Electors appointed, and if no person have a majority, then from the two highest numbers on the list, the Senate shall choose the Vice-President; a quorum for the purpose shall consist of two-thirds of the whole number of Senators, and a majority of the whole number shall be necessary to a choice. But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President to the United States.

Fourteenth Amendment

Section 3. No person shall be... elector of President and Vice President ... who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Fifteenth Amendment

Section 1. The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

Nineteenth Amendment

The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.

Twentieth Amendment

Section 1. The terms of the President and Vice President shall end at noon on the 20th day of January, and the terms of Senators and Representatives at noon on the 3d day of January, of the years in which such terms would have ended if this article had not been ratified; and the terms of their successors shall then begin.

Section 2. The Congress shall assemble at least once in every year, and such meeting shall begin at noon on the 3d day of January, unless they shall by law appoint a different day.

Section 3. If, at the time fixed for the beginning of the term of the President, the President elect shall have died, the Vice President elect shall become President. If a President shall not have been chosen before the time fixed for the beginning of his term, or if the President elect shall have failed to qualify, then the Vice President elect shall act as President until a President shall have qualified; and the Congress may by law provide for the case wherein neither a President elect nor a Vice President elect shall have qualified, declaring who shall then act as President, or the manner in which one who is to act shall be selected, and such person shall act accordingly until a President or Vice President shall have qualified.

Section 4. The Congress may by law provide for the case of the death of any of the persons from whom the House of Representatives may choose a President whenever the right of choice shall have devolved upon them, and for the case of the death of any of the persons from whom the Senate may choose a Vice President whenever the right of choice shall have devolved upon them.

Twenty-Second Amendment

Section 1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this Article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this Article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this Article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

Twenty-Third Amendment

Section 1. The District constituting the seat of Government of the United States shall appoint in such manner as the Congress may direct:
A number of electors of President and Vice President equal to the whole number of Senators and Representatives in Congress to which the District would be entitled if it were a State, but in no event more than the least populous State; they shall be in addition to those appointed by the States, but they shall be considered, for the purposes of the election of President and Vice President, to be electors appointed by a State; and they shall meet in the District and perform such duties as provided by the twelfth article of amendment.

Twenty-Fourth Amendment

Section 1. The right of citizens of the United States to vote in any primary or other election for President or Vice President, for electors for President or Vice President, or for Senator or Representative in Congress, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any State by reason of failure to pay any poll tax or other tax.

Twenty-Fifth Amendment

Section 1. In case of the removal of the President from office or of his death or resignation, the Vice President shall become President.

Section 2. Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.

Section 3. Whenever the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that he is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, and until he transmits to them a written declaration to the contrary, such powers and duties shall be discharged by the Vice President as Acting President.

Section 4. Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.
Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. There upon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.

Twenty-Sixth Amendment

Section 1. The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age.
U. S. Electoral College Presidential Election Laws

That ought ought to pretty much sum it up .........

On and on and on.

Like the deflector before you your post is merely a diversion of the point. You shouldnt be required to have ID to cast a vote. All you would need is a registration number. Can you show me where it says you have a right to participate in a fair and impartial vote or are you just making it up as you go along? I'd actually be interested in seeing a quote.

A "registration number", eh? And what? They should imprint that number on your forearm? Oy Ve!

were you born a total idiot or did you have to work at it ?

documented records are documented records ... are you saying facts mean absolutely nothing to you ?

suck a condom you moron.

I don't take up your bad habits, but thanks anyways .............

Presidential Election Laws
THE CONSTITUTION
Article II

Section 1. The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America. He shall hold his Office during the Term of four Years, and, together with the Vice President, chosen for the same Term, be elected, as follows
Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress: but no Senator or Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States, shall be appointed an Elector.

The Congress may determine the Time of choosing the Electors, and the Day on which they shall give their Votes; which Day shall be the same throughout the United States.

Twelfth Amendment

The Electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves; they shall name in their ballots the person voted for as President, and in distinct ballots the person voted for as Vice-President, and they shall make distinct lists of all persons voted for as President, and of all persons voted for as Vice-President, and of the number of votes for each, which lists they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the seat of the government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate; The President of the Senate shall, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the certificates and the votes shall then be counted;--The person having the greatest number of votes for President, shall be the President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of Electors appointed; and if no person have such majority, then from the persons having the highest numbers not exceeding three on the list of those voted for as President, the House of Representatives shall choose immediately, by ballot, the President. But in choosing the President, the votes shall be taken by states, the representation from each state having one vote; a quorum for this purpose shall consist of a member or members from two-thirds of the states, and a majority of all the states shall be necessary to a choice.... The person having the greatest number of votes as Vice-President, shall be the Vice-President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of Electors appointed, and if no person have a majority, then from the two highest numbers on the list, the Senate shall choose the Vice-President; a quorum for the purpose shall consist of two-thirds of the whole number of Senators, and a majority of the whole number shall be necessary to a choice. But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President to the United States.

Fourteenth Amendment

Section 3. No person shall be... elector of President and Vice President ... who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Fifteenth Amendment

Section 1. The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

Nineteenth Amendment

The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.

Twentieth Amendment

Section 1. The terms of the President and Vice President shall end at noon on the 20th day of January, and the terms of Senators and Representatives at noon on the 3d day of January, of the years in which such terms would have ended if this article had not been ratified; and the terms of their successors shall then begin.

Section 2. The Congress shall assemble at least once in every year, and such meeting shall begin at noon on the 3d day of January, unless they shall by law appoint a different day.

Section 3. If, at the time fixed for the beginning of the term of the President, the President elect shall have died, the Vice President elect shall become President. If a President shall not have been chosen before the time fixed for the beginning of his term, or if the President elect shall have failed to qualify, then the Vice President elect shall act as President until a President shall have qualified; and the Congress may by law provide for the case wherein neither a President elect nor a Vice President elect shall have qualified, declaring who shall then act as President, or the manner in which one who is to act shall be selected, and such person shall act accordingly until a President or Vice President shall have qualified.

Section 4. The Congress may by law provide for the case of the death of any of the persons from whom the House of Representatives may choose a President whenever the right of choice shall have devolved upon them, and for the case of the death of any of the persons from whom the Senate may choose a Vice President whenever the right of choice shall have devolved upon them.

Twenty-Second Amendment

Section 1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this Article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this Article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this Article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

Twenty-Third Amendment

Section 1. The District constituting the seat of Government of the United States shall appoint in such manner as the Congress may direct:
A number of electors of President and Vice President equal to the whole number of Senators and Representatives in Congress to which the District would be entitled if it were a State, but in no event more than the least populous State; they shall be in addition to those appointed by the States, but they shall be considered, for the purposes of the election of President and Vice President, to be electors appointed by a State; and they shall meet in the District and perform such duties as provided by the twelfth article of amendment.

Twenty-Fourth Amendment

Section 1. The right of citizens of the United States to vote in any primary or other election for President or Vice President, for electors for President or Vice President, or for Senator or Representative in Congress, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any State by reason of failure to pay any poll tax or other tax.

Twenty-Fifth Amendment

Section 1. In case of the removal of the President from office or of his death or resignation, the Vice President shall become President.

Section 2. Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.

Section 3. Whenever the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that he is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, and until he transmits to them a written declaration to the contrary, such powers and duties shall be discharged by the Vice President as Acting President.

Section 4. Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.
Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. There upon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.

Twenty-Sixth Amendment

Section 1. The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age.
U. S. Electoral College Presidential Election Laws

That ought ought to pretty much sum it up .........

I'm sure that was the answer to some question but nothing in the Constitution guarantees you the right to a "fair and impartial election". Otherwise you could quote that part of the document.

Don't you hate it when someone shits on your parade with facts?

Forum List

Back