Opposition to Vote ID

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
Why are Democrats opposed to ANY form of voter ID? Take your pick:

A. Black voters are too stupid to get any form of identification.

B. Republicans want to bring back Jim Crow laws.

C. It would be harder to influence elections with fraudulent ballots.

Think about it: Virtually every Western Democracy EXCEPT THE U.S. requires voter ID. Why don't we?

Voter ID laws
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This article needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (April 2014)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
A voter ID law is a law that requires some form of identification in order to vote or receive a ballot for an election. In most jurisdictions, voters must present an ID, usually a photo ID.[citation needed] Because of purported differences in ability to obtain identification on the basis of socioeconomic status, they are controversial, notably in the United States and Canada.

A Guarani-Kaiowá native Brazilian shows her voter identification, September 2006
Contents
Brazil
In Brazil voting is compulsory to all citizens between 18 and 70 years old.[1] In order to vote all citizens must:

Since 2006 the Brazilian Electoral Justice is re-registering voters with biometric identification. In the 2014 elections more than 22 million voters (out of 141 million[3]) will be identified by fingerprints.[4]

Canada
Federal elections
In Canada the Federal government will send out, by mail, an Elections Canada registration confirmation card, which the voter takes to the polling station, in advance detailing the where and when that individual should vote. To vote, one must prove their identity and address. A voter has three options:[5]

(1) Show one original piece of identification with photo, name and address like a driver's license or a health card. It must be issued by a government agency.

(2) Show two original pieces of authorized identification. Both pieces must have a name and one must also have an address. Examples: student ID card, birth certificate, public transportation card, utility bill, bank/credit card statement, etc.

(3) Take an oath and have an elector who knows the voter vouch for them (both of which will be required to make a sworn statement). This person must have authorized identification and their name must appear on the list of electors in the same polling division as the voter. This person can only vouch for one person and the person who is vouched for cannot vouch for another elector.

Provincial elections
However in some provinces like in Quebec, one has to establish their identity by presenting a health insurance card, a driver’s license, a Canadian passport, a certificate of Indian status or a Canadian Forces ID.[6] These are all photos IDs.

Germany
Germany has a community-based resident registration system and everyone eligible to vote receives a personal polling notification some weeks before the election by mail, indicating the polling station of the voter's precinct. Voters have to present their polling notification or a piece of photo ID (identity card, passport, form of identification) when voting. The election officials may refrain from demanding identification when the voter is personally known to them, given his or her name is in the polling station's register of voters.

Netherlands
The registration office of each municipality in the Netherlands maintains a registration of all residents. Every eligible voter receives a personal polling notification by mail some weeks before the election, indicating the polling station of the voter's precinct. Voters have to present their polling notification and a piece of photo ID (passport, identity card, or drivers license) when voting. Such photo ID may be expired but not more than 5 years.[7]

Same question as on the other thread

Would you support automatically registering people to vote when they apply for welfare?

If they have proper documentation, give them a valid ID for voting and register them on the spot

So Voter ID...because Canada? What if we apply that "logic" everywhere? ObamaCare...because Canada!

Is that really all you have now?

Just keep throwing up all those diversions about Canada or South Africa or whatever else you can find to hide the fact that Voter ID does not stop voter fraud.

You assholes are wasting time and taxpayer money.

Did the OP mention anything about cashing a check...thats my fav one next to "black people must be stupid because..." reverse psychology game they play.

In my state you register to vote when you get your I.D., which has to have a birth certificate to obtain.You have to show I.D. or mailed registration card when I votet..How much more do I need an I.D. to vote with?

So Voter ID...because Canada? What if we apply that "logic" everywhere? ObamaCare...because Canada!

Is that really all you have now?

Just keep throwing up all those diversions about Canada or South Africa or whatever else you can find to hide the fact that Voter ID does not stop voter fraud.

You assholes are wasting time and taxpayer money.

Call the Drug Overdose Hotline NOW.

In my state you register to vote when you get your I.D., which has to have a birth certificate to obtain.You have to show I.D. or mailed registration card when I votet..How much more do I need an I.D. to vote with?

A brain scan?

Yuo have to show your I.D. to the volunteer elderly ladies, cause they can't remember you from last cycle....3 months earlier. I live by a town 0f 1500, and 31% vote...

So why is voter ID so vehemently protested??
Seriously, you don;t protest when you are asked for ID at a bank....................................
You don't protest when renting a hotel / motel , car , or any other modern day convenience??

Give me one good reason why you DO NOT NEED TO SHOW ID TO VOTE ................

Why are Democrats opposed to ANY form of voter ID? Take your pick:

A. Black voters are too stupid to get any form of identification.

B. Republicans want to bring back Jim Crow laws.

C. It would be harder to influence elections with fraudulent ballots.

Think about it: Virtually every Western Democracy EXCEPT THE U.S. requires voter ID. Why don't we?

Voter ID laws
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (April 2014)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
A voter ID law is a law that requires some form of identification in order to vote or receive a ballot for an election. In most jurisdictions, voters must present an ID, usually a photo ID.[citation needed] Because of purported differences in ability to obtain identification on the basis of socioeconomic status, they are controversial, notably in the United States and Canada.

A Guarani-Kaiowá native Brazilian shows her voter identification, September 2006
Contents
Brazil
In Brazil voting is compulsory to all citizens between 18 and 70 years old.[1] In order to vote all citizens must:

Since 2006 the Brazilian Electoral Justice is re-registering voters with biometric identification. In the 2014 elections more than 22 million voters (out of 141 million[3]) will be identified by fingerprints.[4]

Canada
Federal elections
In Canada the Federal government will send out, by mail, an Elections Canada registration confirmation card, which the voter takes to the polling station, in advance detailing the where and when that individual should vote. To vote, one must prove their identity and address. A voter has three options:[5]

(1) Show one original piece of identification with photo, name and address like a driver's license or a health card. It must be issued by a government agency.

(2) Show two original pieces of authorized identification. Both pieces must have a name and one must also have an address. Examples: student ID card, birth certificate, public transportation card, utility bill, bank/credit card statement, etc.

(3) Take an oath and have an elector who knows the voter vouch for them (both of which will be required to make a sworn statement). This person must have authorized identification and their name must appear on the list of electors in the same polling division as the voter. This person can only vouch for one person and the person who is vouched for cannot vouch for another elector.

Provincial elections
However in some provinces like in Quebec, one has to establish their identity by presenting a health insurance card, a driver’s license, a Canadian passport, a certificate of Indian status or a Canadian Forces ID.[6] These are all photos IDs.

Germany
Germany has a community-based resident registration system and everyone eligible to vote receives a personal polling notification some weeks before the election by mail, indicating the polling station of the voter's precinct. Voters have to present their polling notification or a piece of photo ID (identity card, passport, form of identification) when voting. The election officials may refrain from demanding identification when the voter is personally known to them, given his or her name is in the polling station's register of voters.

Netherlands
The registration office of each municipality in the Netherlands maintains a registration of all residents. Every eligible voter receives a personal polling notification by mail some weeks before the election, indicating the polling station of the voter's precinct. Voters have to present their polling notification and a piece of photo ID (passport, identity card, or drivers license) when voting. Such photo ID may be expired but not more than 5 years.[7]
Well you could say the same thing about universal healthcare. Many major democracies have that but repubs are against it. Your logic doesnt quite work out. No one is fooled by the reverse psychology ploy. Of course anyone can get an ID. The point is they dont have to and shouldnt need one to vote.

So why is voter ID so vehemently protested??
Seriously, you don;t protest when you are asked for ID at a bank....................................
You don't protest when renting a hotel / motel , car , or any other modern day convenience??

Give me one good reason why you DO NOT NEED TO SHOW ID TO VOTE ................
There is no rule that says you have to show ID?

Republicans seem to really rely heavily on emotions to sway people.

They believe that calling blacks dumb will suddenly make them reverse their opinion on voter ID

Last month there was a thread that went on and on about how Republicans were asking "How can you support Democrats when they say you are too stupid to know when election day is?"

Like suddenly someone will go, "OMG that person thinks I'm stupid and NOW I am changing political parties and what I stand for because of it" :lol:

They believe that calling blacks dumb will suddenly make them reverse their opinion on voter ID

Last month there was a thread that went on and on about how Republicans were asking "How can you support Democrats when they say you are too stupid to know when election day is?"

Like suddenly someone will go, "OMG that person thinks I'm stupid and NOW I am changing political parties and what I stand for because of it" :lol:
Hot damn, you got your Alinsky down pat!!!

Good on ya!

Dems crank up the non-issue of "the poor and elderly can't afford photo ID, and are disenfranchised", and whine and cry and slobber about it like children.

You can always trust an Alinskycrat to accuse their opponent of exactly what the Alinskycrats are doing.

Bravo, you are a PRO!

Hot damn, you got your Alinsky down pat!!!

Good on ya!

Dems crank up the non-issue of "the poor and elderly can't afford photo ID, and are disenfranchised", and whine and cry and slobber about it like children.

You can always trust an Alinskycrat to accuse their opponent of exactly what the Alinskycrats are doing.

Bravo, you are a PRO!

Bravo sir you believe that this thread is made up yet you posted in it. Kudos sir

Democrats are opposed to Voter ID because it levels the playing field. No ID? No vote. Let me reiterate....You need a ID to drive a car. You need an ID to board a plane. You need an ID to enter a government building. You need an ID to buy a house. You need an ID to do any banking business. You need.......

On and on and on.

There is absolutely no excuse whatsoever why America should NOT have to present ID to vote. None whatsoever.

Democrats are opposed to Voter ID because it levels the playing field. No ID? No vote. Let me reiterate....You need a ID to drive a car. You need an ID to board a plane. You need an ID to enter a government building. You need an ID to buy a house. You need an ID to do any banking business. You need.......

On and on and on.

There is absolutely no excuse whatsoever why America should NOT have to present ID to vote. None whatsoever.
So far nothing you said was a right. You pretty much agree to the terms of having an id for exercising all those privileges.

On and on and on.

So far nothing you said was a right. You pretty much agree to the terms of having an id for exercising all those privileges.

Who gives a shit? My Social Security Card (gotten LONG before your sorry ass was born) states very clearly at the bottom of the card - FOR SOCIAL SECURITY AND TAX PURPOSES - NOT FOR IDENTIFICATION

When was the LAST TIME you didn't have to give YOUR SSN for nearly purpose? So much for the "rules", eh? OUR GOVERNMENT couldn't follow it's own rules, rube.

On and on and on.

Who gives a shit? My Social Security Card (gotten LONG before your sorry ass was born) states very clearly at the bottom of the card - FOR SOCIAL SECURITY AND TAX PURPOSES - NOT FOR IDENTIFICATION

When was the LAST TIME you didn't have to give YOUR SSN for nearly purpose? So much for the "rules", eh? OUR GOVERNMENT couldn't follow it's own rules, rube.
Why are you deflecting to SSN cards? I said nothing about a SSN card. Voting is a right not a privilege. It makes sense that some privileges require ID. Rights not so much.

Forum List

Back