'Obama Is a Republican'

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
In a certain sense, or maybe many, I agree. Bill Clinton was a republican too. Could it be our politics has moved so far right the choices for change have been lost, the left is lost reasoning rather than doing, and the working class goes back a hundred years? But then I think maybe not and this is a reasonable approach.

By Bruce Bartlett

"Back in 2008, Boston University professor Andrew Bacevich wrote an article for this magazine making a conservative case for Barack Obama. While much of it was based on disgust with the warmongering and budgetary profligacy of the Republican Party under George W. Bush, which he expected to continue under 2008 Republican nominee Sen. John McCain, Bacevich thought Obama at least represented hope for ending the Iraq War and shrinking the national-security state.

I wrote a piece for the New Republic soon afterward about the Obamacon phenomenon—prominent conservatives and Republicans who were openly supporting Obama. Many saw in him a classic conservative temperament: someone who avoided lofty rhetoric, an ambitious agenda, and a Utopian vision that would conflict with human nature, real-world barriers to radical reform, and the American system of government."

Rest here: Obama Is a Republican The American Conservative

And this:

Generation Wuss US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

One can professionally quote oneself is one is an expert in a field.

Anyone quoting jwoodie is a fool.

No Obama is not a Republican, although he and Bush are much close than many want to admit.

In a certain sense, or maybe many, I agree. Bill Clinton was a republican too. Could it be our politics has moved so far right the choices for change have been lost, the left is lost reasoning rather than doing, and the working class goes back a hundred years? But then I think maybe not and this is a reasonable approach.

By Bruce Bartlett

"Back in 2008, Boston University professor Andrew Bacevich wrote an article for this magazine making a conservative case for Barack Obama. While much of it was based on disgust with the warmongering and budgetary profligacy of the Republican Party under George W. Bush, which he expected to continue under 2008 Republican nominee Sen. John McCain, Bacevich thought Obama at least represented hope for ending the Iraq War and shrinking the national-security state.

I wrote a piece for the New Republic soon afterward about the Obamacon phenomenon—prominent conservatives and Republicans who were openly supporting Obama. Many saw in him a classic conservative temperament: someone who avoided lofty rhetoric, an ambitious agenda, and a Utopian vision that would conflict with human nature, real-world barriers to radical reform, and the American system of government."

Rest here: Obama Is a Republican The American Conservative

And this:

Generation Wuss US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

yeah Obama was all about shrinking the national-security state.

uh huh

Fucking moron

Midcan5: Fucking moron or what?

Last edited:

No Obama is not a Republican, although he and Bush are much close than many want to admit.

Expertise should be demonstrated, not merely claimed.

That clearly excludes you.

You just contradicted your "expert."

Expertise should be demonstrated, not merely claimed.

That clearly excludes you.

You just contradicted your "expert."

Mine is bigger than yours! Shut up, jwoodie, we are not in high school.

You just proved that you are a fool. Grow up.

Forum List

Back