OMG!!!! Companies off shoring at a record pace under Trump. Why isn't this in the news?

I don't really mind trump lying about what he does or is doing. He's riding on Obama's coattails and there's no one who doesn't know that. So, let him lie. Let's just hope it continues.

1.5.18.3.png

Again what the fuck did Obama do ? Except slow down the recovery with Obama care and his EPA.
Look at the chart. Look at Jan 09. That's what Bush and the GOP handed Obama. Now look at what Obama handed Trump. More hilarious. The last month of Obama is better than all but two of the months since Trump. And Trump is supposed to be such a "master". He's not even a Master Debater.

All gains since election night were due to DJT not ears. Everything got better fast as smart money got invested. The muslim had it all on hold. Beast too.
You aren't bothering to read. The Stock Market got better because of Trump's Tax Cuts for billionaires and corporations. For the average American, not much has changed. And for many, it's gotten worse. And once they lose their healthcare next year, things for them will be disastrous. Next time, skip the Kool Aid and try clean water instead. If you can find any. The GOP's goal is to get rid of that too.

Why do you say the same stupid fake news over and over again?

Again the reason why people will lose their health care next year is because Trump gave us a CHOICE not to buy it

I don't think these right wingers understand what reshoring jobs means.

They just assume that if X number of jobs when to China then X number of jobs are coming back or already came back.

If manufacturing returns,

Could Reshoring Restore American Jobs? A Quick Look at the Numbers - Robotics Business Review

And while automation can be extremely useful in these industries, it also accounted for almost 50% of manufacturing jobs lost between 2001 and 2013. Some jobs have been lost to countries overseas — not to mention south of the border — but automation has been a driving factor in the decline of manufacturing jobs.

----------------------
See? Many of those lost jobs were automated and others were sent over seas. Jobs Americans wouldn't want. Like picking fruit and vegetables or demeating crabs.

--------------------
This kind of specialized work requires specialized workers, leading to new, high-paying manufacturing jobs.
Thanks in large part to improved automation, manufacturing industry output increased more than 20% since the worst point in the Great Recession in 2009. Today, there are almost 12.3 million manufacturing employees in the U.S., and they make an average salary of $81,289, according to the National Association of Manufacturers.

--------------------

Remember, there are more than 6 million jobs unfilled. Many of those are the kind that services robots and automation. They require education.

Remember, Republicans cut job training and the majority of Republicans think college is bad for America. It's these kinds of sick policies that will slow down reshoring. Try to figure out why.

They just assume that if X number of jobs when to China then X number of jobs are coming back or already came back.

Could Reshoring Restore American Jobs? A Quick Look at the Numbers - Robotics Business Review

And while automation can be extremely useful in these industries, it also accounted for almost 50% of manufacturing jobs lost between 2001 and 2013. Some jobs have been lost to countries overseas — not to mention south of the border — but automation has been a driving factor in the decline of manufacturing jobs.

----------------------
See? Many of those lost jobs were automated and others were sent over seas. Jobs Americans wouldn't want. Like picking fruit and vegetables or demeating crabs.

--------------------
This kind of specialized work requires specialized workers, leading to new, high-paying manufacturing jobs.
Thanks in large part to improved automation, manufacturing industry output increased more than 20% since the worst point in the Great Recession in 2009. Today, there are almost 12.3 million manufacturing employees in the U.S., and they make an average salary of $81,289, according to the National Association of Manufacturers.

--------------------

Remember, there are more than 6 million jobs unfilled. Many of those are the kind that services robots and automation. They require education.

Remember, Republicans cut job training and the majority of Republicans think college is bad for America. It's these kinds of sick policies that will slow down reshoring. Try to figure out why.

Losing the battle so you reframe the issue. :lol:

And Obama saved the others as well.

But hey, trump saved coal and steel and carrier and jeep and Harley Davidson and ...

Get it?

I get that those companies still exist without going bankrupt.
Carrier moved most of it's jobs to Mexico.

You people say stuff, and every single time, I look it up and it isn't true.

Carrier has 45,000 employees. Few of those positions are in Mexico. In fact, only 1,600 positions were moved to Mexico, out of 45,000.

Carrier operates 5 manufacturing plants, in Texas, North Carolina, Tennessee, Indiana, and one in Mexico.

This is why no one on the right ever listens to any of you on the left. Non-stop lies, just like Hillary. You guys are the people that in real life, if you told someone that it was sunny out side, they wouldn't believe you until they went outside in person.

----------------------

--------------------

--------------------

Losing the battle so you reframe the issue. :lol:
You don't bother to read so you imagine what you imagine and that's all you know. All you want to know and all you will ever know. It's called "nothing of value".

They need to be fined and made to suffer for their anti-American treason!

Capitalism = treason against the US?

America has to defend our workers and our national interest. Trump said he would do just that!

There are different ways of doing that.

There's the "we're going to get rid of capitalism" way or there's the "we're going to improve education and direct it at the needs of the country so we can compete much better than other countries in things like high tech".

Yeah, Trump chose the first one...... The one that doesn't require much work. The one that doesn't do much, but looks good for a few years.

And Obama saved the others as well.

But hey, trump saved coal and steel and carrier and jeep and Harley Davidson and ...

Get it?

I get that those companies still exist without going bankrupt.
Carrier moved most of it's jobs to Mexico.

You people say stuff, and every single time, I look it up and it isn't true.

Carrier has 45,000 employees. Few of those positions are in Mexico. In fact, only 1,600 positions were moved to Mexico, out of 45,000.

Carrier operates 5 manufacturing plants, in Texas, North Carolina, Tennessee, Indiana, and one in Mexico.

This is why no one on the right ever listens to any of you on the left. Non-stop lies, just like Hillary. You guys are the people that in real life, if you told someone that it was sunny out side, they wouldn't believe you until they went outside in person.
I don't know if I want to bother going any further.

So I went to the Carrier operations site and this is what they said:

UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems. It operates 51 factories and 39 research & design centers worldwide with more than 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 180 countries.

Fact Sheet | Carrier air conditioning, heating and refrigeration

You give the impression they have 45,000 workers in this country. Are you lying or what? Is that why you didn't post a link?

You don't bother to read so you imagine what you imagine and that's all you know. All you want to know and all you will ever know. It's called "nothing of value".

Disproved most of your points and put the rest of them in a questionable light. :)

I'm curious. What kind of jobs do you think are coming back and from where?

Manufacturing, and IT. Rural areas are getting a nice boost. Oh, and China is a big source of the inflow.

Why U.S. Manufacturers Are Turning Their Attention to 'Reshoring'

Randstad: Many U.S. Companies 'Reshoring" IT Support

Why Firms Are 'Reshoring' Jobs: Economics
So I'm checking out your links. So far I just read the first one. Not a lot to be desired. Check this out:

Zentech, a Baltimore-based contract manufacturer, is one company that handles projects from design through testing. It has successfully taken on two complete-assembly reshored projects since 2010: a wireless printer for coupons and a wearable device for volleyball players. But the company, with 200 employees and north of $50 million in revenue, has parted ways with four or five other reshoring customers over price.

and it ends with:

Although most reshoring isn't right for Zentech, Turpin believes it will help the economy overall. "I would not pretend you are going to set up a manufacturing business focused on reshoring and be the darling of Wall Street," he says. "But from a societal standpoint, reshoring is going to create jobs and generate economic activity. For the U.S., this is a growth area."
-----
I don't see a lot of there, there.

Nice 2017 articles there sport. Merck sent 254 jobs over seas and they are ranked 8th.

A group called the Reshoring Initiative has been collecting data since 2010 on "reshoring" -- a combination of U.S. firms bringing jobs back to the U.S., and foreign companies deciding to locate jobs here.

Publicly, the group released data in May 2017 showing that "for the first time in decades, more manufacturing jobs are returning to the United States than are going offshore." Specifically, the group found a record-high 77,000 reshored jobs in 2016, bringing the total since 2010 to 338,000.

Those gains, of course, took place under Barack Obama. But while the group hasn’t officially published data covering the period since Trump took office, we asked the group for their latest data, covering Trump’s time in office.

According to the group, reshoring started going up substantially beginning in the fourth quarter of 2016 and has accelerated in 2017.

How strong has job growth been on Donald Trump's watch?
Your link is hysterical. I haven't finished reading it, but this line gave me a "guffaw":

This chart shows that the job gains under Trump were actually lower than each of the last six years of February-to-August job gains for Obama, except for one year -- 2012.

Really? So when the unemployment rate got down to 4%, job growth rate slowed? Wow that's crazy man. Who would have thunk it?

You can always tell when you are dealing with a partisan parrot. If employment reached 100%, and every single employable adult in the country had a job, with zero percent unemployed......

You guys would start screaming job creation reached zero.
It's not just about how many are working. It's about how much they are getting paid.

You didn't mention that so I wonder if you understand that what you're paid is important.

I don't think that is as important as you claim.

If you really want to know my personal history, then I'll admit to you....

That I'm paid the most money I have in my life, since Trump became president.
The last time I made almost as much, was under Bush.
The worst years of my life, were under Obama.

The difference between me and you, is that I know the difference between correlation and causation.

Just because so-and-so is president, doesn't mean they caused anything. It rained today. Trump didn't cause it.

"But it is because of global warming and if Trump hadn't removed X regulation and caused the entire natural balance of the Earth climate to change then....."

This is left-wing thinking. When Obama is president, everything good is obviously because Obama caused it. NO. Totally wrong.

As for your wages.... it is not up to government to magically fix your life. It's up to you, to fix your life. If you want to be paid more, you need to learn a skill or ability that is worth more.

That's on YOU.. JUST YOU. Not government. The idea that someone you are going to sit on your worthless butt, and end up making six figures, because government mandated you get paid more at your whooper flopper job, is ridicluous, lazy, and pathetic. It's up to YOU... to do something that earns more money.

The only thing government can do, is make your life harder by taking away your money, so that you can't afford to improve your life, in order to give you health care and unemployment comp. The only thing government is good for, is holding you down.

Don't be a fool. Fix your own life.

This former roommate of mine, has a degree in software engineering, and is making $90,000 a year. Bangladesh. Barely speaks English. Makes $90,000 a year, with a degree from a piddly country in Asia.

If he can do it.... while barely knowing English, then explain to me how born bred Americans can't, and need government help.

Manufacturing, and IT. Rural areas are getting a nice boost. Oh, and China is a big source of the inflow.

The second link is IT support. More companies are finding it's advantageous to have their IT based in the company they are assigned to protect.
One: Not a lot of jobs
Two: Not for the average worker

And your third one is "phone calls"? Really? That's what you got?

Shame on you for clearly not reading your links. Just going by the title. I'm made joke posts about that before. Shaming right wingers right here on the USMB for not reading the links.

Forum List

Back