[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread

Derideo_Te quick question, are you asking if the amount of recipients you can have in a conversation can be increased?

Yes, that is correct.
Sure can it's at 8 how many are you thinking?

I only raised the question because I bumped into the upper limit of 8. I gather that it is different depending upon membership level. (Silver 8, Gold 10. Not sure what the limit is for non supporting members.)

Benefits like unlimited time to edit conversations exist so is it possible to create a membership level with unlimited conversation recipients? I am only asking because I don't know what is and isn't feasible and what you as admins and mods are looking to try and control. There is always a potential for abuse so there needs to be some limit.

Obviously the upper limit would be the total membership on USMB but I cannot imagine such a scenario given that every member would have to be added individually so that is never going to happen with anyone who values the membership sufficiently to want to pay for it.

Perhaps arbitrary numbers like 50 for Silver and 100 for Gold would be more than enough for everybody. It could always be reset at some future date if there is ever a problem.

One more thing while I am here. Yesterday there were some glitches that resulted in not only duplicate posts but also duplicate conversations. It was easy enough to delete the duped posts but the option to delete conversations doesn't exist. Is there a reason for that?

Thanks for the support.

Derideo_Te quick question, are you asking if the amount of recipients you can have in a conversation can be increased?

Yes, that is correct.

I only raised the question because I bumped into the upper limit of 8. I gather that it is different depending upon membership level. (Silver 8, Gold 10. Not sure what the limit is for non supporting members.)

Benefits like unlimited time to edit conversations exist so is it possible to create a membership level with unlimited conversation recipients? I am only asking because I don't know what is and isn't feasible and what you as admins and mods are looking to try and control. There is always a potential for abuse so there needs to be some limit.

Obviously the upper limit would be the total membership on USMB but I cannot imagine such a scenario given that every member would have to be added individually so that is never going to happen with anyone who values the membership sufficiently to want to pay for it.

Perhaps arbitrary numbers like 50 for Silver and 100 for Gold would be more than enough for everybody. It could always be reset at some future date if there is ever a problem.

One more thing while I am here. Yesterday there were some glitches that resulted in not only duplicate posts but also duplicate conversations. It was easy enough to delete the duped posts but the option to delete conversations doesn't exist. Is there a reason for that?

Thanks for the support.
Why would you feel the need to contact 50 people at once?

Yes, that is correct.

Thanks for the support.

It wasn't 50 but I did want to contact more than 8 to give them a heads up about an upcoming birthday. I threw out 50 as a number at random. CK has the final call on what he believes is feasible.

Yes, that is correct.

Thanks for the support.

It wasn't 50 but I did want to contact more than 8 to give them a heads up about an upcoming birthday. I threw out 50 as a number at random. CK has the final call on what he believes is feasible.
25/Silver
35/Gold

Yes, that is correct.

Thanks for the support.

25/Silver
35/Gold

Thank you :)

Much appreciated.

Top right, find your (current) user name. Choose log out. You can then log in with your own user name.
I tried that and it said that username could not be found. Although, I'm quite properly logged in under that username on my phoblet!

I have another software issue to be ignored!

All of a sudden, when I get to the bottom of a thread my mouse cursor automatically jumps to the quick reply box, trapping it there unless I click outside the box.

Is this a feature that was turned on recently? It's annoying, and requires an extra click.

It also makes no sense. People usually don't make two posts in succession.

All of a sudden, when I get to the bottom of a thread my mouse cursor automatically jumps to the quick reply box, trapping it there unless I click outside the box.

Is this a feature that was turned on recently? It's annoying, and requires an extra click.

I don't have a quick reply on mine? Do you get it only after you made one post?

I don't have a quick reply on mine? Do you get it only after you made one post?
It happens right after I make a post.

I'm using Firefox.

What is happening when typing seems like trying to run through molasses? The letters and words show up on the page several seconds after typing. Is there anything I can do to prevent that from happening? Right now everything is normal, but at other times when that phenomenon kicks in, it is insufferably annoying and tedious trying to post anything. I can log out and when I come back it is okay for a bit and then the molasses kicks in again.

And no, I am not having this problem at any other site. Only here.

And several times last night and again today I have been unable to log in at all. When I run the trouble shooter, I am informed that this site has rejected me.

Have I been placed on MU status? If so just tell me.

I was having those sort of problems when the upgrade first hit. I added bluhell firewall to Firefox and haven't had a problem since.

My latest issue is the intermediate page that says I am leaving USMB when I follow a posted link. Is that really necessary? I'm following a link and fully expect to leave the site.

This is a fairly new addition. I hadn't noticed it until a week or 2 ago.

Forum List

Back