[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread

I was having those sort of problems when the upgrade first hit. I added bluhell firewall to Firefox and haven't had a problem since.

My latest issue is the intermediate page that says I am leaving USMB when I follow a posted link. Is that really necessary? I'm following a link and fully expect to leave the site.

This is a fairly new addition. I hadn't noticed it until a week or 2 ago.

C_K addressed that awhile back Ernie. There is so much phishing activity on the web these days and they have no way to realistically monitor the random ads that pop up or links that members post that could take us to questionable websites. So that message you get is a simple warning to allow you to decide if you wish to proceed and absolves USMB of any responsibility if you choose to take the risk. :) I don't have a problem with it.

But I don't use Firefox and the molasses and/or inability to sign in problem occurs whether I'm using AOL or Bing or Google Chrome and it only occurs when I'm in USMB. Nowhere else. It always crosses my mind as to whether its a not so subtle hint that I'm no longer welcome here. :)

I thought the same thing Foxfyre. I have a myraid of issues, that differ daily when I come here but no where else. Because the admin reserves the right to screw with your computer function with impunity , it's hard to tell if you have a valid issue or whether the mods are doing a job on you. If they take such liberties, it should be mandatory that they let you know it is them creating the problem as opposed to a glitch or your pc.

I thought the same thing Foxfyre. I have a myraid of issues, that differ daily when I come here but no where else. Because the admin reserves the right to screw with your computer function with impunity , it's hard to tell if you have a valid issue or whether the mods are doing a job on you. If they take such liberties, it should be mandatory that they let you know it is them creating the problem as opposed to a glitch or your pc.

Well, I was mostly kidding, but I guess you never know. I don't recall that I've everr received so much as a reprimand or warning here at USMB, but members tell me they have reported me for this or that. Who knows? Maybe they're cousins of a mod who doesn't like me or whatever LOL. I'm not all that worried about it, unless it begins to seriously affect my enjoyment of the board.

Today I am not having any of those problems but I haven't been able to edit my posts for the last couple of days and that is sometimes frustrating.

I had the exact problem for the last couple of days. Couldn't edit my posts, and was frustrated enough to just pack it in.
I have never been reprimand either, and am so damn pleasant, no one has reported me that I know of. The fact that you suffered the same issue that I did at the same times leads me to believe that the admins have some more glitches to work out. They'll get there. :)

It's the scripts that google, yahoo and dozens of marketing sites are allowed to run that slow you down. An ad blocker only goes so far. What you need is something that will block scripts. BluHell is the best I've found, but as far as I know, it only works with Firefox.
It's unlikely that a script blocker would work well on Chrome anyway since Google is the one running the majority of the scripts.

I had the exact problem for the last couple of days. Couldn't edit my posts, and was frustrated enough to just pack it in.
I have never been reprimand either, and am so damn pleasant, no one has reported me that I know of. The fact that you suffered the same issue that I did at the same times leads me to believe that the admins have some more glitches to work out. They'll get there. :)

Well thanks. I try to be pleasant too, but I still seem to make enemies. :) But if you're having the same kinds of problems, that is a bit reassuring that it isn't just me.

I haven't been able to multi-quote.

After clicking "Quote" on two separate posts and then clicking "Reply" on one of them, I only get to respond to one of them. Please help.

Can someone help me with the issue of being automatically logged in under another name?

How can you automatically be logged in under another name.....unless you were previously logged in under that name?
You have no friends?

I don't have socks....if that is what you mean.
No that's not what I mean. Do you have a friend with a USMB account that may have used your computer to log into their account?

Can someone help me with the issue of being automatically logged in under another name?

How can you automatically be logged in under another name.....unless you were previously logged in under that name?
You have no friends?

No that's not what I mean. Do you have a friend with a USMB account that may have used your computer to log into their account?

No, but I imagine if I did, since I have "remember me" checked, they would have immediately been in my account. If she didn't have "remember me" checked, her friend could not log on to her account unless she knew her password, which is rather inane, to let your friends have your password! She (her firend) would have had to log into her own account. If she then checked "remember me" .....KatzandDogs, when going up to USMB, would immediately go into her account, but all she had to do was uncheck the "remember me" and log out.....then she would have been able to log into her own account.

Your assumption doesn't make sense to me.

I haven't been able to multi-quote.

After clicking "Quote" on two separate posts and then clicking "Reply" on one of them, I only get to respond to one of them. Please help.

Did you then click on "Insert Quotes" down at the bottom left? This will bring up all the posts that you clicked "+quote" on....then you select the ones that you want. If only the ones you want are there, then just click on "quote these messages" Voilà!

You have no friends?

No, but I imagine if I did, since I have "remember me" checked, they would have immediately been in my account. If she didn't have "remember me" checked, her friend could not log on to her account unless she knew her password, which is rather inane, to let your friends have your password! She (her firend) would have had to log into her own account. If she then checked "remember me" .....KatzandDogs, when going up to USMB, would immediately go into her account, but all she had to do was uncheck the "remember me" and log out.....then she would have been able to log into her own account.

Your assumption doesn't make sense to me.
Just asking, for Christ sake.

Forum List

Back