posting pictures

bluesguy1952

Aug 16, 2014
Houston TX
I'm new here and figuring things out. I have a pic for my profile.

I figured out how to add a pic attachment to my post. But it is a thumbnail now and can't be read unless you open it.

I see that other people have very large pics contained in their post. How do I do that?

Thank you

One of the icons at the top of Edit Box is a Picture embedder. It simply adds a around the address of the picture, and adds another /IMG to the end (I left out the brackets to avoid buggering this post..

OR you can add those HTML manually around the address of the pic..

One of the icons at the top of Edit Box is a Picture embedder. It simply adds a around the address of the picture, and adds another /IMG to the end (I left out the brackets to avoid buggering this post..

OR you can add those HTML manually around the address of the pic..[/quote]
Thanks. The picture embedder at the top of the image box and gives me the option to add a url address to add a pic. I have all my pics on my hardrive. So I am looking for somewhere that i can upload a pic. The only place I have found that uploads the pic as an attachment with a thumbnail. some of my pics have charts and graphs and you can't read them on a thumbnail unless you open it up.

Oh and I see close to the bottom of the page where it says Posting Rules and it shows HTML off. Is that it? Maybe it won't let me yet because I joined today?

OR you can add those HTML manually around the address of the pic..[/quote]
Thanks. The picture embedder at the top of the image box and gives me the option to add a url address to add a pic. I have all my pics on my hardrive. So I am looking for somewhere that i can upload a pic. The only place I have found that uploads the pic as an attachment with a thumbnail. some of my pics have charts and graphs and you can't read them on a thumbnail unless you open it up.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh.. Different issue.. Go find your User CommandPost. You've been there if you chose an avatar.. One of the links on the left side is "Pictures and Albums" (under Networking).. There is a utility there for copying pics off of your drive to USMB storage..

Shout out if you get stuck..

1. Type in "image upload" on google.

2. Click on one of the first results.

3. Upload a file from your computer or phone onto the Internet.

4. Copy the URL address it gives you.

5. Use the picture embedder that Flacaltenn mentioned and paste the url address.

I'm awesome, I know.

Last edited:
It can't until we get we get the steroids out of baseball once and forever !!!
Until we get our USMB image storage back on-line. You might photo-edit the original on your computer and reload it at say -- 40% in both dimensions..
I did a resize, but can't figure out how to delete the sigline I uploaded.

I did a resize, but can't figure out how to delete the sigline I uploaded.

You should be able to reload it.. Have you found your "preferences" and stuff yet? Click on your avatar and name at the very top of the page and follow your user settings to Sigline. If you are already that far and the problem is more convoluted --- lemme know..

You should be able to reload it.. Have you found your "preferences" and stuff yet? Click on your avatar and name at the very top of the page and follow your user settings to Sigline. If you are already that far and the problem is more convoluted --- lemme know..
It's convoluted :) I cannot reload the sigline. I can't even figure out how to delete it! grrrrrrr

MeBelle ---> And you've found your User Profile and where the Signatures are edited? If not -- see my previous post..
I'm too tired for this! I did figure out how to delete...I'll save the rest for later. thank you ♥

Oh and I see close to the bottom of the page where it says Posting Rules and it shows HTML off. Is that it? Maybe it won't let me yet because I joined today?

Lol! You poor thing!!! You are going to have a heck of a time now. You just joined and started to get used to the format and now it's all changed!! I'm still wondering about profile pics. Since the format changed, my profile pic disappeared and I don't know if that option is available any more.

Thanks to everyone for your replies. Now that the site has been upgraded I have it figured out.

I was not able to personally thank you because I could not send private messages until I had made over 50 posts.

I'm over 50
120 mwmo_lg.gif
now and on my way.

It's lonely being a democrat in Texas so I appreciate your support from those who agree with me and I'm willing to listen to anyone that disagrees.

Attachments

• 00P0P_enjDuvxGLVf_600x450.jpg
    00P0P_enjDuvxGLVf_600x450.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 80
  • 130 before grrrr.jpg
    130 before grrrr.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 62
  • politics for dummies 2.jpg
    politics for dummies 2.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 72

Forum List

Back