[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread

Is it feasible to add Thanks/Like/Informative buttons to PM Conversations?

I looked into that a while back. I found myself wanting to rate a post in a conversation as well :) Unfortunately the software doesn't support it. Conversations don't count as posts and/or threads so the system has no way of tallying them against post count.

Is it feasible to add Thanks/Like/Informative buttons to PM Conversations?

I looked into that a while back. I found myself wanting to rate a post in a conversation as well :) Unfortunately the software doesn't support it. Conversations don't count as posts and/or threads so the system has no way of tallying them against post count.

I don't think that anyone really cares if PM Conversation thanks/likes are tallied against post counts. It is just a quick way of thanking someone without having to go to the trouble of posting another reply. In fact it is better if they can't be tallied against post counts because Conversations are private and there would be no way for the Mods to know if anyone was using it to abuse the system.

So even just a :thup: option would be nice to have in a PM even if it is only for the benefit of the person you are chatting to. :)

Having a small issue.

You know the 'floating' red box that shows up near the bottom right of the screen that when you click it, takes you back to the top of the page? Mine used to be a red box with an X in it (think); now it's a red box with a small white box inside of the red box with what looks like two letters then two numbers underneath the letters. Letters look like F0, numbers are 77.

Also, the 'open quick navigation' box (upper right of the page) is just a box with F0 with C9 underneath it.

Hmmm . . . . .

Noticing some recent change has eliminated the single quote reply option I'd been enjoying. Now I'm quoting everything like everybody else.

Since you can't fix this particular problem quit trying to because some of us had figured out working work-arounds. Now ruined by your unsuccessful attempts.

Only option now is now hitting reply at all and doing it the old fashioned way

> CK

You said "quoted text" my reply.

This wont trigger the alerts but it'll cut down on massive reply trees lagging pages out, adding page load times and eventually when they get big enough making just reading the latest replies pimpossible as they scrunch up all together.

Mertex I'm mobile on TapaTalk but if you search the Announcement forum for my thread about the new quoting feature there's a simple tutorial there.

Hi, Is there some reason why alerts don't show up for threads you are watching and when you have your alert preferences to show you alerts? I will be watching, posting in a thread and suddenly will stop getting alerts. Is there something going on that would cause this that I can fix?

Hi, Is there some reason why alerts don't show up for threads you are watching and when you have your alert preferences to show you alerts? I will be watching, posting in a thread and suddenly will stop getting alerts. Is there something going on that would cause this that I can fix?
If you're in a thread you shouldn't get the red alerts after a few minutes. The alerts change to an alert that show up in the left side of the browser window. If you are away from the keyboard and miss that alert, you won't be alerted even if you leave the thread. Make sense?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back