[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread

I don't know what flash memory is, I can Google it later. Anyway I don't know how to change out components like that on my phone. I apreciate the suggestion but it's beyond my ability.

From my PC I keep getting redirected to Prepper Forums, and while I don't get redirected while using my phone, nor is the keyboard slower, Tapatalk can't connect to this server half the time. I belong to nearly a dozen forums, some phisicaly located in the UK, and this is the only one I experience these problems on. This forum has a boatload of adds, malware attempts tripping my firewall, and redirects.

Would the admin mind just...getting rid of all that?
It's become a throw away world. You don't upgrade cell phones, or most electronic devices because they aren't meant to be upgraded. You're not likely to find parts and if you do, you will certainly void your warranty by installing them.

I've been building computers for myself and my family for over 25 years. I do so, so I can upgrade them and have control of what goes in them. Does it save any money? Probably not, but when there's a problem I can fix it and don't have to go through the hassle of buying another computer, learning how to use new software and transferring loads of programs and data.

I don't get directed to other forums. I didn't even know they exist. I don't see adverts. I run Chrome, with AdBlocker Plus and Norton.
I get redirected to the other forums listed at the bottom of this page. I use Chrome with AddBlockPlus, Disconnect and Ghostery extensions, plus AVG and Malwarebytes. The redirect only occurres while using a PC. The redirect occured while using McAfee instead of AVG before I factory-reset my PC.

It's become a throw away world. You don't upgrade cell phones, or most electronic devices because they aren't meant to be upgraded. You're not likely to find parts and if you do, you will certainly void your warranty by installing them.

I've been building computers for myself and my family for over 25 years. I do so, so I can upgrade them and have control of what goes in them. Does it save any money? Probably not, but when there's a problem I can fix it and don't have to go through the hassle of buying another computer, learning how to use new software and transferring loads of programs and data.
I just upgraded to a Galaxy S5 this week and the problem persists on the new phone and with the new version of Tapatalk. Whatever is causing redirects, I highly doubt it's on my side.

I really like the Prepper Forums but if this will keep happening to me over there then there's no way I'm joining. I would become a paying member of this forum if the redirects went away.

I have never, ever been directed to another forum when replying to any message!

In fact, I totally forget there's anything below the Post Reply line!

And now that I've looked, I'm not interested in any of them.

I really like the Prepper Forums but if this will keep happening to me over there then there's no way I'm joining. I would become a paying member of this forum if the redirects went away.
As has been pointed out, this is not a problem with the site but a virus on your computer. I have never been redirected anywhere from this site whatsoever and have accessed it from dozens of different computers most of which have no ad blocker or other type of adware protection installed.

You need to clean your computer out.

I don't know what flash memory is, I can Google it later. Anyway I don't know how to change out components like that on my phone. I apreciate the suggestion but it's beyond my ability.

From my PC I keep getting redirected to Prepper Forums, and while I don't get redirected while using my phone, nor is the keyboard slower, Tapatalk can't connect to this server half the time. I belong to nearly a dozen forums, some phisicaly located in the UK, and this is the only one I experience these problems on. This forum has a boatload of adds, malware attempts tripping my firewall, and redirects.

Would the admin mind just...getting rid of all that?

I doubt that you do not save much. I build all of my computers myself and save a ton if I had purchased them as a store bought unit. then again, I build rather high end-ish machines and similar machines on the market are simply overpriced and come bundled with so much shit that I simply do not want.

You don't need anti-virus software with Linux or Mac. But you do now with Android?
?

That is a rather silly assertion to make. Apples systems are just as vulnerable to virus software as any other system they are just less likely to be infected because of market saturation.

You even need it with Linux but the use skill level tends to be vastly higher with a linux machine and they are more secure. Market saturation, again, helps them even more as there are very few Linux machines out there.

You don't need anti-virus software with Linux or Mac. But you do now with Android?
?

That is a rather silly assertion to make. Apples systems are just as vulnerable to virus software as any other system they are just less likely to be infected because of market saturation.

You even need it with Linux but the use skill level tends to be vastly higher with a linux machine and they are more secure. Market saturation, again, helps them even more as there are very few Linux machines out there.
Not silly at all Cupcake. I had Macs for many years and now two Linux machines. No anti-virus, malware, etc. on any of them.

?

Not silly at all Cupcake. I had Macs for many years and now two Linux machines. No anti-virus, malware, etc. on any of them.
And?

I don't see how that has anything to do with reality... cupcake...

I have had windows machines for decades without any malware protection and consistently download massive amount of crap off the internet. Only started using one recently because it was provided free with my ISP. But I also know how to use a computer and repair one if necessary as well as what you do and do not do - particularly on the internet.

As has been pointed out, this is not a problem with the site but a virus on your computer. I have never been redirected anywhere from this site whatsoever and have accessed it from dozens of different computers most of which have no ad blocker or other type of adware protection installed.

My computer's clean, it's this website.

And now you idiots are beating your chests over brands. Fantasic. Thanks for nothing, I guess.

And now you idiots are beating your chests over brands. Fantasic. Thanks for nothing, I guess.
If it's this web site explain why others, like myself, don't have similar problems. I use tablet on here too and I don't have that problem on it either.

Uh NO! Since you are the only one to have experienced this problem, logic dictates the problem is with your computer or the way you operate it. There are thousands of people on USMB. What you are experiencing is unique to YOU.

Uh NO! Since you are the only one to have experienced this problem, logic dictates the problem is with your computer or the way you operate it. There are thousands of people on USMB. What you are experiencing is unique to YOU.
^ what he said.

You can thank yourself for nothing - we have given you a clear answer and the fact that you reject it is none of our concerns. We don’t have to deal with the problem so there is no water off my back should you fail to correct it.

34,190 members at USMB and 34,189 of them are not having the problem you describe and you call US idiots?

Idiotic, really.

a coincidental virus to direct from one site to another owned by the same people - the hacker must be their fairy god-mother ....

So WTF is going on? I just saw that my post count dropped by quite a bit - and now "funny" and "informative" points have disappeared. Are we just back to "thanks" - or can we get Positive and Negative Rep WITH COMMENTS back?

run2.gif

Forum List

Back