Reason for edit option

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
Does that setting exist in the maud controls to turn on for us?

I'll tell you what, man. I don't know if anyone's noticed, but I sometimes edit a post several times.

Sometimes it's to add more context for complete clarity in any given point I'm trying to make and other times it's just because I type a guh zillion miles an hour and don't even look at my keyboard when I'm doing it. Sometimes it's both.

The car forum I post on has that option to say why you edited your post, so just wondering if that's available on here, too.

It's completely different forum software on that other forum, though.

Does that setting exist in the maud controls to turn on for us?

I'll tell you what, man. I don't know if anyone's noticed, but I sometimes edit a post several times.

Sometimes it's to add more context for complete clarity in any given point I'm trying to make and other times it's just because I type a guh zillion miles an hour and don't even look at my keyboard when I'm doing it. Sometimes it's both.

The car forum I post on has that option to say why you edited your post, so just wondering if that's available on here, too.

It's completely different forum software on that other forum, though.
Most of the time, I'm just correcting my own damned spelling/typing errors, left out letter or word, etc.

Most of the time, I'm just correcting my own damned spelling/typing errors, left out letter or word, etc.

I mainly go back and edit to add relevant context. Reason being is that it (in theory) defeats any redundant follow-up questions that would usually only stall the flow of functional dialogue, or, in some cases, redirect dialogue in a way that completely removes what I said from its actual context.

But, yeah, I'm also a lousy typer. I type way too fast.

Last edited:
I mainly go back and edit to add. Reason being is that it defeats any redundant follow-up questions that would usually only stall functional dialogue.
Unlimited edit is cool. Question: Do you guys have the history function button to see all past iterations of a post, edited after original posting?

[THANK YOU!

IMO, I know that occasionally on internet message boards like this sometimes you may make a few typos and such and post them before you actually even read what you typed.

Then go back and fix the errors.

I think it gives you about 30 or 40 minutes or something to edit.

But still, you've got to admit that it's best to actually read what you thought you typed BEFORE you click the post button.

Must be a mod thing. Its funny sometimes.:auiqs.jpg:

What I was asking about is an option like this.

Do you see where I clarified why I edited my post there?

That's what I mean.

Screen Shot 9.jpg

It's more of a courtesy for other forum users so that they know why you edited your post. It's not really to keep track of anything.

What I was asking about is an option like this.

Do you see where I clarified why I edited my post there?

That's what I mean.

View attachment 895790

It's more of a courtesy for other forum users so that they know why you edited your post. It's not really to keep track of anything.
Yep. I do some of that. Most often going so fast, not noticing until I re-read after somebody replies.

I don't think this software allows that. If nothing else, you could make a note at the bottom of your post stating you edited it and why.

Someone is likely to quote your post pre-edit, even with the timer. Editing something you posted last week, doesn't render merit. People are nonplussed.

Someone is likely to quote your post pre-edit, even with the timer. Editing something you posted last week, doesn't render merit. People are nonplussed.

Yeah, it was just a thought I had when I edited one of my posts in another thread a few times and within ath span of a few minutes for sake of clarity. I was just reminded of the option elswhere is all. But, as was mentioned, it's different software anyway.

I wouldn't go back a week later and edit a post anyway.

Forum List

Back