Obama's gas policy

Actually they want to tax you for the miles you drive, and top of the tax they have on gas.

Aside from that, reducing non-safety regs will lower the cost of doing biz that can lead to a lower cost of oil.

Of course he can stop causing the suffering of some unemployed workers by allowing companies to drill for more oil. More oil leads to lower prices.

but that is not the plan. The plan is to make it worse and worse knowing full well all the "green" crap of his is too far off to be a legit source.

There isn't a single thing there^ that's true.

You live in a news free zone, don't you?

The government has a problem with your new, high-mileage, low-pollution car: you aren’t paying enough in gas taxes to keep up the federal highway system. Recently, at Congress’s behest, the Congressional Budget Office studied another way to raise money; charge drivers per mile driven, rather than (or in addition to) taxing your gas.

The Vehicle Mileage Tax (VMT) is meant to directly reflect some of the costs of maintaining the highways that are not a direct consequence of the gas you burn; road damage (mostly thanks to semis), noise, accidents and road congestion.

Sound absurd? Actually, a form of VMT is in place on the nation’s toll roads already, and several countries are charging trucks by the mileage traveled. The technology to track where you drive and how far is now available, as well, combining things like the E-ZPass with GPS and wireless networking.

Is a Per-Mile Driving Tax in Our Future? - Tom Barlow - The Buyline - Forbes

And how would you raise the revenue needed to maintain our system of roads/highways/bridges?

The government has a problem with your new, high-mileage, low-pollution car: you aren’t paying enough in gas taxes to keep up the federal highway system. Recently, at Congress’s behest, the Congressional Budget Office studied another way to raise money; charge drivers per mile driven, rather than (or in addition to) taxing your gas.

The Vehicle Mileage Tax (VMT) is meant to directly reflect some of the costs of maintaining the highways that are not a direct consequence of the gas you burn; road damage (mostly thanks to semis), noise, accidents and road congestion.

Sound absurd? Actually, a form of VMT is in place on the nation’s toll roads already, and several countries are charging trucks by the mileage traveled. The technology to track where you drive and how far is now available, as well, combining things like the E-ZPass with GPS and wireless networking.

And how would you raise the revenue needed to maintain our system of roads/highways/bridges?[/QUOTE

NYJERK,

Using the PROFITS by the $ TRILLIONS that the fucking Arabs get from us plus the BILLIONS that the Huge Corporations like GM & GE get as taxless windfalls for subsidizing the election of the MONUMENTAL FRAUD, Pathological LIAR, and Stone Cold MuslimArselicking MARXIST Obami Salaami.

What do you want big government to do about gas prices? Regulate supply and demand? At least the Republicans on board will come on against this.

The thing to do IS to use more efficient vehicles for our daily commutes. Probably no need to force you to buy American, but get some fuel efficient car for non HD use. If everyone, enough people do, demand for fuel will go down and so will prices. Capitalism.

Thanks to the emerging markets in China and the rest of the world I doubt fuel prices will ever hit $1 a gallon again.

Think of it this way. If my 98 MarkVIII got better fuel economy than my 89 Toronado I would be using less fuel now. Apply that to the country on the whole and prices would go down. Obviously if I am driving a 280HP vehicle where a 160HP vehicle used to do I could be doing my part too.

I'm back to siding with you Rambunctious, I want big government to raise the CAFE standards even more to help us support the troops and ourselves.

ToroIDIOTO,

What must the Govt do, you fucking idiot ????

Answer: LET LOOSE THE PERMITS FOR ON-SHORE & OFF-SHORE DRILLING, THAT ARE ALMOST TOTALLY, IF NOT TOTALLY, DENIED ACROSS OUR NATION WHICH IS ONE OF THE WEALTHIEST NATIONS ON EARTH AS FAR AS ENERGY IS CONCERNED !!!

PLUS..... SUPER-SAFELY CONSTRUCTED NUCLEAR PLANTS ON THE EAST COAST WHERE EARTHQUAKES ARE UNHEARD OF !!!!

THAT !!!!! .......IS WHAT THE OBAMARRHOIDAL FUCKING GOVT SHOULD DO INSTEAD OF FORCING US TO BE DEPENDENT ON OILY SHEIKS AND ENEMIES OF AMERICA ..... INCLUDING HUGO CHAVEZ.

Our MONUMENTAL FRAUD, the Pathological LIAR, and Stone Cold MARXIST Obami Salaami is not ONLY an INCOMPETENT PRESIDENT being an ex-"COMMUNITY ORGANIZER" from ACORN.....he is a fucking IDIOT using SPAIN'S "GREEN ENERGY" SYSTEM as a MODEL WHICH COLLAPSED SPAIN INTO A STATE OF BANKRUPTCY .....and the idiot is PERSISTING with that almost EXCLUSIVE "GREENERY MODEL" !!!

This EXCLUSIVE Obamarrhoidal "GREENERY" BULLSHIT IS ANOTHER AVENUE DRIVING OUR NATION INTO BANKRUPTCY BECAUSE OF THE ENERGY BILL !!!!!

You are showing more anger with my position than is warranted. Don't let my avatar or whatever make you angry.

A few pages back or in another post I came to the decision I would issue more drilling permits in some accordance with raising the CAFE standard.

I'm not all "Drill Baby Drill" because instead of just being concerned with this quarter's bottom line or the next four years, I am conservative with estimates on how much oil we have and how costly to extract it will be. I have a kid and being conservative I NEED it to be there in the even I can't invent a solar powered car for him to drive and to power the tanks in his army.

Do you disagree with the CAFE standard being raised? More fuel efficient vehicles / less oil consumption helps America and weakens Iran by devaluing their oil reserves, right?

Actually they want to tax you for the miles you drive, and top of the tax they have on gas.

Aside from that, reducing non-safety regs will lower the cost of doing biz that can lead to a lower cost of oil.

Of course he can stop causing the suffering of some unemployed workers by allowing companies to drill for more oil. More oil leads to lower prices.

but that is not the plan. The plan is to make it worse and worse knowing full well all the "green" crap of his is too far off to be a legit source.

It's the WAY you phrase things that is midleading, i.e., "[THEY] want to..." when from your own posted piece, dated April 1, 2011, by the way and nothing, NOTHING has been done about the "study" since then, it states:
[at] Congress’s behest, the Congressional Budget Office studied another way to raise money; charge drivers per mile driven, rather than (or in addition to) taxing your gas.

A "study" hardly means it's going to be put in place in the near future, if at all.

What do you want big government to do about gas prices? Regulate supply and demand? At least the Republicans on board will come on against this.

The thing to do IS to use more efficient vehicles for our daily commutes. Probably no need to force you to buy American, but get some fuel efficient car for non HD use. If everyone, enough people do, demand for fuel will go down and so will prices. Capitalism.

Thanks to the emerging markets in China and the rest of the world I doubt fuel prices will ever hit $1 a gallon again.

Think of it this way. If my 98 MarkVIII got better fuel economy than my 89 Toronado I would be using less fuel now. Apply that to the country on the whole and prices would go down. Obviously if I am driving a 280HP vehicle where a 160HP vehicle used to do I could be doing my part too.

I'm back to siding with you Rambunctious, I want big government to raise the CAFE standards even more to help us support the troops and ourselves.

ToroIDIOTO,

What must the Govt do, you fucking idiot ????

Answer: LET LOOSE THE PERMITS FOR ON-SHORE & OFF-SHORE DRILLING, THAT ARE ALMOST TOTALLY, IF NOT TOTALLY, DENIED ACROSS OUR NATION WHICH IS ONE OF THE WEALTHIEST NATIONS ON EARTH AS FAR AS ENERGY IS CONCERNED !!!

PLUS..... SUPER-SAFELY CONSTRUCTED NUCLEAR PLANTS ON THE EAST COAST WHERE EARTHQUAKES ARE UNHEARD OF !!!!

THAT !!!!! .......IS WHAT THE OBAMARRHOIDAL FUCKING GOVT SHOULD DO INSTEAD OF FORCING US TO BE DEPENDENT ON OILY SHEIKS AND ENEMIES OF AMERICA ..... INCLUDING HUGO CHAVEZ.

Our MONUMENTAL FRAUD, the Pathological LIAR, and Stone Cold MARXIST Obami Salaami is not ONLY an INCOMPETENT PRESIDENT being an ex-"COMMUNITY ORGANIZER" from ACORN.....he is a fucking IDIOT using SPAIN'S "GREEN ENERGY" SYSTEM as a MODEL WHICH COLLAPSED SPAIN INTO A STATE OF BANKRUPTCY .....and the idiot is PERSISTING with that almost EXCLUSIVE "GREENERY MODEL" !!!

This EXCLUSIVE Obamarrhoidal "GREENERY" BULLSHIT IS ANOTHER AVENUE DRIVING OUR NATION INTO BANKRUPTCY BECAUSE OF THE ENERGY BILL !!!!!

Even if you ever had some credibility, here's what I think of your style:
Vomiting-Smilely.gif

Mr President,
I need to drive a truck for my construction business, can you and the government do something about gas prices?

F you cracker, you need to buy a new electric car sold by my eeerrrrr General Motors. It will only set you back about $40,000 unless you want air conditioning.

Obama's gas policy is to impede domestic exploration, raise taxes and regulations on oil companies, criticize our dependency on buying oil from bad governments, block new coal and nuclear production and then when prices go up criticize the oil companies for being greedy.

You're not doubting that plan will be effective, are you?

Mr President,
I need to drive a truck for my construction business, can you and the government do something about gas prices?

F you cracker, you need to buy a new electric car sold by my eeerrrrr General Motors. It will only set you back about $40,000 unless you want air conditioning.

You know that we've known about our growing dependence on foriegn sources of energy since the early 70's. Wasn't there a President from that era that tred and start a movement to get us off foriegn oil only to have the policy reversed by his replacement?

You want to blame a President for the price of Gas no need to look any further than the guy who got us back on the foriegn teat.

The government can effect prices in many ways. Here are three ideas:

1) Open up more areas, esp off shore to drilling.

2) Relax stupid regulations on what can and cannot be blended into gasoline. The ethanol directive has added significantly to the cost of gas.

3) Defend the value of the U.S. dollar. Since oil is traded in dollars, when the dollar is weak oil prices go up.

Of course the Obamarrhoidal Lib-tards will scream about the environment. Fuck them. There has been little positive effect on the environment from all these laws.

What is Obama's policy? "I've got mine, everyone else can just eat arugula."

US oil production last year rose to its highest level in almost a decade….

As a result, analysts believe the US was the largest contributor to the increase in global oil supplies last year over 2009, and is on track to increase domestic production by 25 per cent by the second half of the decade.

Domestic oil production is soaring, but so are global prices. It should be obvious that yet more drilling can’t have any significant impact on oil prices — particularly since the U.S. Energy Information Administration has been making that precise point for years now (see EIA: Full offshore drilling will not lower gasoline prices at all in 2020 and only 3 cents in 2030!).

Drill, baby, drill fails: Oil prices soar in spite of sharp increase in U.S. production under Obama « Climate Progress

He just promised Brazil $Millions in American Taxpayer cash so they can drill for Oil. Man,what a shitty Anti-American thing to do. Him and his sycophants sit around whining about the "Evil" American Oil companies but they have no problem giving $Millions in American Taxpayer cash to Brazilian Oil companies. I really do think there is something to many people calling this President Anti-American. People better get out and Vote in 2012. Real change can happen. Come on 2012!

CHARGES AND FACTS:

Charge:The U.S. government is giving away more than $2 billion in taxpayer dollars to Brazil’s largest oil and gas company to drill for oil in Brazil.

Fact: The Bank has approved a preliminary commitment to lend up to $2 billion to Petrobras for the purchase of American-made goods and services.

So far, Ex-Im Bank has approved one final commitment under the facility, a request from JP Morgan Chase, acting as lender, for a medium-term credit guarantee facility in the amount of $300 million...To date, there has been no request for a long-term final commitment under the facility.

Ex-Im Bank :: Facts About the Proposed Ex-Im Bank Loans for Petrobras' Brazilian Offshore Oil Exploration and Development

Everything you pseudo-conservative have to say should be prefaced by #NotIntendedToBeAFactualStatement

NotIntendedToBeAFactualStatement - Twitter Search

The government can effect prices in many ways. Here are three ideas:

1) Open up more areas, esp off shore to drilling.

2) Relax stupid regulations on what can and cannot be blended into gasoline. The ethanol directive has added significantly to the cost of gas.

3) Defend the value of the U.S. dollar. Since oil is traded in dollars, when the dollar is weak oil prices go up.

Of course the Obamarrhoidal Lib-tards will scream about the environment. Fuck them. There has been little positive effect on the environment from all these laws.

What is Obama's policy? "I've got mine, everyone else can just eat arugula."

US oil production last year rose to its highest level in almost a decade….

As a result, analysts believe the US was the largest contributor to the increase in global oil supplies last year over 2009, and is on track to increase domestic production by 25 per cent by the second half of the decade.

Domestic oil production is soaring, but so are global prices. It should be obvious that yet more drilling can’t have any significant impact on oil prices — particularly since the U.S. Energy Information Administration has been making that precise point for years now (see EIA: Full offshore drilling will not lower gasoline prices at all in 2020 and only 3 cents in 2030!).

Drill, baby, drill fails: Oil prices soar in spite of sharp increase in U.S. production under Obama « Climate Progress

Won't argue with that.

But think of how much less money is flowing out of our country to purchase foreign oil. Domestic production means jobs, economic activity, fewer imports, and more tax and royalty revenues to local state and federal treasuries.

I want them to open more drilling in the USA. Increase the supply that is already here.

Increasing production at home will only help a bit, and it is only a short term solution. Most of our remaining reserves will be very expensive to draw from which will just bump prices even higher. It would help some though, but it is not the golden egg you may hope it to be. Our largest reserves are in shale, and as of yet, they haven't figured out a way to get the oil out in a cost effective way or an environmentally effective way. If they ever do figure it out, we have more oil than the rest of the world combined, but I wouldn't count on that at this point.

As much as it hurts, with oil prices going up, other forms of energy will become less expensive comparatively and eventually may actually bring down the prices of those alternatives.

Do not see in my comment where I mentioned a "golden egg". I was speaking mainly of the gulf where much of the production was suspended after the BP rig explosion. Every couple of years we hear the "experts" state that it will take at least 2 years to get the oil out of the ground and into production. This game has been going on for years and we have passed the 2 year mark many times over.
The environmental crowd are not helping the cause either as they want to engineer us into other energy choices now. While I don't disagree with that stance for the most part, there is simply not a viable alternative to oil in the immediate future. The question I always ask when it comes to electric cars is, what energy source is used to charge the batteries. The answer is mainly coal fired plants which the enviros and Obama (in his own words) want to cripple. We need to get realistic with the future of energy, not just what is politically correct.

Not one producing well was shut down by the moratorium. What the moratorium halted, temporarily, was proposed new drilling of about 30 new wells which might, or might not, have been successful.

Let’s put that into context. U.S. domestic oil production is higher now than it was under the Bush Administration. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, Energy Information Administration, domestic oil drilling in 2008, the last year of the Bush Administration, was 12.93 quadrillion BTU per day, about 6.5 million barrels. The EIA reports 13.78 quadrillion BTU figure for 2009 and projects 14.46 quadrillion BTU (about 7.2 million barrels) per day in 2012

In the Gulf, We Are Drilling, Baby | David Pettit's Blog | Switchboard, from NRDC

Environmentalist have been hampering exploration, drilling and production by filing endless lawsuits for a few decades now. They don't stand a chance of stopping the production in the Gulf of Mexico.

We need more Natural Gas fired power plants. We have lots of LP. In fact back in the day they use to burn off the gas as a by-product of production.

I disagree with the president in that I think he should reverse the course set by his predicessors and open the outer continental shelf (eastern seaboard) for exporation, especally in the Gulf waters off Fla.

I don't know who died and made him king but the serfs are a little upset. I think the problem is Washington, when you move their you get some disease and forget where you came from. Let's just sell it and start over somewhere else.

Accusing the President of being gassy is bigotry?????? LMFAO!! The liberal white guilt strikes again! Hey take your bigotry harp and shove it. It doesn't play here .. GET A NEW FUCKIN LINE.

Strike a nerve did I?

You're so transparent it's laughable.

images

Not at all liberal. I don't fall for your racist propaganda.. the only thing transparent here is your attempt to paint me as a racist which FAILED. What's it like to be soooo eaten up and guilt ridden over race that you go around accusing others of bigotry for the sheer hell of it just because you disagree with their politics? That makes you PATHETIC at best Maggie Mae..lol

What makes you think I'm a cracker? can you see me? well #1 increase supply of oil, coal, wind, sun, and whatever else powers this nation. He can stop demonizing big business like the oil industry and work with them rather than against them.
I find it strange that "progressives" want nothing to do with progress. I'm fortunate to be able to buy gas on base. Right outside the gate I can see a sign $4.25 per gallon. To bad Bush ain't president or the media would be backing the people instead of backing Obama.
And another thing: How dare you libs sit quietly while democrat politicians bash an entire group of American people.
The Tea Party are a group of concerned citizens who help pay the salaries of these politicians and then have to hear Reid and his minions bash them and their beliefs.
And the libs say nothing, and the state run media say nothing.

Disgusting.

Consider the high prices the market's way of telling us we're using too much of it. POTUS doesn't personally go to gas stations and change the prices with that giant suction cup himself, you know.

No, all he does is revoke drilling licenses, make Executive Orders to change EPA regulations and susidize the oil companies in other countries after he has shut ours down.

Revoking drilling licenses?

Status of Well Permits & Plans Subject to Enhanced Safety and Environmental Requirements in the Gulf of Mexico

According to the report, 39 shallow-water permits for new wells have been issued since June 8, 2010, when new rules and information requirements were put into effect. Shallow water drilling operations were not affected by the deepwater drilling moratorium following the gulf oil spill. And there were lots more shallow-water well permits issued by the Obama administration prior to June 8, 2010. Remember, Bachmann's statement referred to permits issued "under the Obama administration since they came into office."

In addition, there have been six deepwater well permits issued since Oct. 12, 2010, when the gulf moratorium was lifted. Five of those were for projects that were under way prior to the moratorium. The operators were required to come back and meet the new, modified standards.

Changes to EPA rules?

The Bush Administration's changes to the EPA rules:

NRDC: The Bush Record - Environmental Regulations

Subsidizing foriegn oil companies?

Facts About the Proposed Ex-Im Bank Loans for Petrobras' Brazilian Offshore Oil Exploration and Development
BACKGROUND:
In April 2009, Ex-Im Bank approved a $2 billion preliminary commitment to secure the purchase of U.S. goods and services by Petroleo Brasileiro S.A. (Petrobras), Brazil's national oil company. The amount of a final commitment may be increased above the $2 billion preliminary amount. Petrobras anticipates that it will invest $174 billion in development over the next five years. Potentially, Petrobras purchases financed by Ex-Im Bank will help create and maintain over 507,000 American jobs.

So far, Ex-Im Bank has approved one final commitment under the facility, a request from JP Morgan Chase, acting as lender, for a medium-term credit guarantee facility in the amount of $300 million. This facility will be used to finance the company's general purchases of U.S. manufactured oil and gas equipment and services. To date, there has been no request for a long-term final commitment under the facility.

Ex-Im Bank :: Facts About the Proposed Ex-Im Bank Loans for Petrobras' Brazilian Offshore Oil Exploration and Development

Really have you got anything?????

Forum List

Back