Nick Berg Beheading Shown to San Diego Kids at School

The thing is though that libs can't even discuss the founding fathers and what great things they did. They can't honestly discuss what it was that made this country great. Their lefty revisionist tendency doesn't allow it. So to even teach the founding fathers honestly is an act of right wing violence against the students.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
The thing is though that libs can't even discuss the founding fathers and what great things they did. They can't honestly discuss what it was that made this country great. Their lefty revisionist tendency doesn't allow it. So to even teach the founding fathers honestly is an act of right wing violence against the students.

uh, right. :rolleyes:

That statement is a perfect example of why it is difficult for many teachers to teach politics effectively. Some folks simply cannot adequately understand views that differ from their own and are not capable, therefore, of explaining them.

I'd no more want you teaching my kids than I would a liberal, rtwng. You see, there are two sides to every issue and usually the best answer lies somewhere between the left and right. You'd never be able to present anything other than the right-wing version.

Your statement is also totally false. It is a generalization, in the first part, and simply inaccurate in the second.

I think a great balance would be DK taking the liberal view point and Mr Right Wing taking the conservative view point. This way, youre getting 2 views, both passionate in their beliefs, albeit different.

my 2 cents.

Originally posted by KLSuddeth
I think a great balance would be DK taking the liberal view point and Mr Right Wing taking the conservative view point. This way, youre getting 2 views, both passionate in their beliefs, albeit different.

my 2 cents.
I'd have to veto that, assuming that I could.
:D

Originally posted by TN_Independent
That statement is a perfect example of why it is difficult for many teachers to teach politics effectively. Some folks simply cannot adequately understand views that differ from their own and are not capable, therefore, of explaining them.

I'd no more want you teaching my kids than I would a liberal, rtwng. You see, there are two sides to every issue and usually the best answer lies somewhere between the left and right. You'd never be able to present anything other than the right-wing version.

Your statement is also totally false. It is a generalization, in the first part, and simply inaccurate in the second.

No I would focus on the left, showing it's absurdity. My whole personality is a violent reaction against modern liberalism. I know what they think. Once you get all the harmful lefty notions of society and humanity out of the way, what you're left with is neoconservatism. it's a process of elimination, very logical, very socratic. My brain should be stored on a chip and used as the superclass brain for all instances of human.

My brain should be stored on a chip and used as the superclass brain for all instances of human.

You are something else LOL!!!! :D :D :D :cof:

No I would focus on the left, showing it's absurdity. My whole personality is a violent reaction against modern liberalism.

Illeralism is a more apt description of the left....

well with a blanket statement like that, I figured you were pretty damned busy crocheting, knitting, quilting or something......

:p:

you didnt like my attempt at humor? lol - well hell. I tried.

well with a blanket statement like that, I figured you were pretty damned busy crocheting, knitting, quilting or something......

:p:

Okay, maybe a bit of a blanket statement, but it is the dems that push the hardest for special interest groups.

I just finished reading Fareed Zakaria's book "The Future of Freedom". I don't care if you are a dem or a rep, the book is a must read. It does not blast either side. In reality, it blasts the American people itself if anything and it is right on target.

His main focus is on how special interest groups and polls control our system and he is right.

From a review of his book:

Consider, for example, Zakaria’s analysis of democracy in the US. As in his other case studies, Zakaria argues that extreme democratization created illiberalism by subjugating politicians to the tyranny of pollsters and special interests. Politicians, as a result, work to achieve short term electoral gains instead of pursuing the long term public interest. “The more open a system becomes,” explains Zakaria, “the more easily it can be penetrated by money, lobbyists, and fanatics. What has changed in Washington is not that politicians have closed themselves off from the American people and are unwilling to hear their pleas. It is that they do scarcely anything but listen to the American people.”

Can you say, Bill Clinton?

chill, son. I was just pokin at ya. :poke:

I was just giving you an opinion on the matter since you felt I didn't offer enough....

I enjoyed your humor! No offense meant, so please, don't be so sensitive! :D

And please, forgive me if you thought I was being too sensitive myself!

:hail:

I agree potman and just may have to get this book .Seems to me as tho the two parties pander to the haves for money and the haves tell em how to act and how to spend it depending on the current trend. But then again the control of the media makes it simple to create a trend. oh woe is me !

no biggie :) I just need to go take a walk away from homeschooling to be honest. Im having one of those 'my kid refuses to learn and Im about to scream so I will share my annoyance with the world, days. LOL!!!!!! :p:

(hey I like the bowing thing....think you could convince my husband to bow to me too?) LOL!!!:p:

:cof:

Originally posted by dilloduck
I agree potman and just may have to get this book .Seems to me as tho the two parties pander to the haves for money and the haves tell em how to act and how to spend it depending on the current trend. But then again the control of the media makes it simple to create a trend. oh woe is me !

Frankly, I think the book is a great read. He really covers a lot in it. There are some parts people won't agree with, but overall, I can't see how anybody can really argue with his premise.

He even discusses how religion has been "democratized" and how religious leaders such as Billy Graham, et. al. have "morphed" their beliefs to reach more of the masses. His point is that democratization (true democratization) really has had negative effects all areas of society and the true republicanism or representative government is what is needed in the world as it is the only system that truly allows for capitalism (which is needed if the masses are going to live comfortable lives) while also providing enough athority to keep the insane from running the insane asylum!

maybe this should be in books, but did any of you read buckley's new book about the berlin wall?

Forum List

Back