Nick Berg Beheading Shown to San Diego Kids at School

he (DK) uses the vexes question all the time.

ignore him - I do.

:banana:

Originally posted by freeandfun1
OUTRAGEOUS!

LINK

Someone's ass would fry if my kid were shown this by a teacher!!!
The teacher had no right and is a Liberal Jackass that is taking things way too far. I personally believe no child should see this. They can't process that kind of stuff,that is why they are children and we are adults(most of us).

Inappropriate!

Enough said.

I watched it (wished I hadn't) and didn't even show it to my wife, much less my son. I would never dream of showing it to my students, under any circumstances.

Whatever the teacher's reasoning for showing it, it should not have been done.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Originally posted by krisy
Someone's ass would fry if my kid were shown this by a teacher!!!
The teacher had no right and is a Liberal Jackass that is taking things way too far. I personally believe no child should see this. They can't process that kind of stuff,that is why they are children and we are adults(most of us).

Ok, Im going to say this again. :rolleyes:

I am not a liberal - do not go off on the tangent saying that I am should you choose to reply to this.

Blanket statements - Liberal Jackass. Personally, I think the teacher who did this should be fired and worse. However, my husband is a liberal and did not and would not show the video to my children. She didnt show the video because she's a liberal - she showed the video because:

A. She's an idiot
B. She's misguided
C. She didnt think
D. All the above plus more that I cant think of at this time.

The answer is D.

Nuff said.

Originally posted by KLSuddeth

I am not a liberal - do not go off on the tangent saying that I am should you choose to reply to this.

Blanket statements - Liberal Jackass. Personally, I think the teacher who did this should be fired and worse. However, my husband is a liberal and did not and would not show the video to my children. She didnt show the video because she's a liberal - she showed the video because:

A. She's an idiot
B. She's misguided
C. She didnt think

The answer is D.

Nuff said.

well put
he must have forgot he was in the "no flame zone"

Originally posted by nycflasher

But if there is one thing I cannot stand more than being misquoted or watching some psycho commit ritual murder, it is when people just throw out comments like: "Right up there with the rest of the left wing agenda that they push. Appalling but unfortunately not surprising."
If the left wing agenda weren't so destructive, we wouldn't have to keep bringing it up.
So remember, boys and girls, showing a kid the most violent thing to cross the airwaves is not akin to being liberal.
No, but showing it and then putting an anti american spin on it is liberal.
Anymore than getting C's or driving drunk is a pre-req for being President of the United States...doh.

Thoughtless. Boring.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
If the left wing agenda weren't so destructive, we wouldn't have to keep bringing it up.

No, but showing it and then putting an anti american spin on it is liberal.

Thoughtless. Boring.

There I go again, mistaking a post of RWA's for one which might provide some sort of insight...

Originally posted by nycflasher
There I go again, mistaking a post of RWA's for one which might provide soem sort of insight...

You're the one who is such a baby you get angry when people discuss the liberal agenda. DOes the truth burn your fragile intellect?

All your party has to offer is mindless bush hatred, class envy, race envy, and villification of success of any kind. No one buys it anymore. You should get on the clue train, son.

I'd have to reserve judgement on this one. You have conflicting stories, both from the teacher and from different students. I think the teacher shouldn't have been allowing students to view the video on a classroom computer, but then, these are high school students. I think they do have the capability to understand what they are seeing. It doesn't sound like he forced anyone to watch it, and it may well have been beyond his control that they did see it, but I could be wrong, I don't know.

I fail to see what the "liberal agenda" has to do with this story. Especially since the quote attributed to the teacher makes him sound more like Donald Rumsfeld, then John Kerry.

acludem

Originally posted by KLSuddeth

A. She's an idiot
B. She's misguided
C. She didnt think

The answer is D.

Nuff said.

The teacher is a Liberal and a jackass,hence the term Liberal jackass. I'm not calling your hubby any names,or all Libs in general. This was not meant to be a blanket statement,because I know there may be some Conservatives out there too that think everyone should see it. Try not to take things so personal.I just think there are too many politics in school,particularly too many Lib politics that I don't agree with. Most of the Libs on here are just fine and I have nothing against them personally. Sorry if you took it the wrong way,but itwas meant foranyone but the teacher. I try not to call anyone names ,but do get dfred up at times. Your hubby and yourself seem perfectly nice and no harm was meant.:D

Originally posted by krisy
I just think there are too many politics in school,particularly too many Lib politics that I don't agree with.

and I suppose that too many conservative politics would be just fine and dandy though, right?

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
and I suppose that too many conservative politics would be just fine and dandy though, right?

No. politics do not belong in school. Da tree rrus dose!

dat is da pwobwem wit schrewls dese days. day don't teech edumecation. day teech idee olo gees.

Originally posted by freeandfun1
No. politics do not belong in school. Da tree rrus dose!

dat is da pwobwem wit schrewls dese days. day don't teech edumecation. day teech idee olo gees.

politics do not belong in school? pray tell, when should students who have graduated and are now of voting age learn politics? should they just go along and vote for the candidate who answered the 'boxers or briefs' question?

politics do not belong in school? pray tell, when should students who have graduated and are now of voting age learn politics? should they just go along and vote for the candidate who answered the 'boxers or briefs' question?
I learned of politics exactly where I should have learned about them, at home from my parents!

That is where I learned them biker. I think parents should help children and teens learn the different aspects of different parties and let the child decide on their own. Although,I think a lot of kids that are raised by Con. become Con. and so on.

Dk-Just for the record,I don't believe politics OF ANY KIND should be taught in school because no matter how hard a teacher tries to be fair,she will slip her views in. They are human too,just like the media whom also slips their opinion in quite a bit. What is this? Must be pick on krisy day......I have seen people make far worse statements about Libs that neither you or your wife have said anything too. Just pointing that out. I also called no one but the teacher a name. Cut me some slack jack! Sorry I'm not a Lib,proud to be a Conservative!

Politcs belong in school only in the sense that we should teach how our founding fathers formulated our political system. Perhaps if our kids were taught that (like I was in HS in Gov't class), then they would realize that we NEVER were a democracy. I hear so many people say, "only in American can Al Gore win the popular vote but lose the election". Well, duh, that is how our system was set up. But kids don't learn that, they are just taught that "Bush stole the election" because he didn't win the popular vote, yet he is in the White House.

Politics for voting are to be based on what you believe, not what you were taught. Kids should be allowed to learn on their own. Isn't that why you libs support handing out condoms and such.... the kids have a right to make their own choices.... right? Well, if a teacher is "teaching" them politics (read indoctrinating them), then they are not becoming active in politics based on their own beliefs that they develop themselves.

How one believes politically should be based on how they are raised, their overall experiences in life and the values they learn from their PARENTS. Not from a TEACHER. That is why we don't let kids vote until they are 18. So they can develop their own political minds.

But then again, that is JMHO!

For what its worth, I do not teach to any political view, in any way, in my classes. That is not that difficult a task, since I'm a science/math teacher, but it does come up from time to time. In those instances, I do my best to present the positives and negatives of each side and let the kids decide which is the best choice for them. The kids will almost invariably ask me what I think, and I always tell them that my job is to give them the facts and let them decide on their own.

I can also see how a social studies teacher (we used to call it history when I was in school) would have a difficult time holding classroom discussions without delving into the political arena. In those instances, we'd only hope that fair and objectionable viewpoints are being expressed by the faculty member.

Explaining politics to a youngster is much more involved than simply stating that there are liberals (who believe X, Y, and Z) and conservatives (who think Q, R, and S). It is much more diverse than that.

Forum List

Back